PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Palmer is killin me

boomersooner28
11/9/2008, 10:35 PM
His prediction for the Fiesta Bowl is that we win out, Texas wins tie-breaker because they have higher BCS rank and goes to BIG 12 and National Title game and we play Utah in Fiesta. :mad:

Jesse, you my friend are retarded. We win out, there is NO way Texas has a higher ranking than us!

Red October
11/9/2008, 10:39 PM
Yep, when we beat Tech and OKst, we should have enough BCS points to be ranked higher than Texas.

batonrougesooner
11/9/2008, 10:41 PM
You're just jealous he was the Bachelor and you were left to just watch on tv. Get over it already.:D

But I agree. OU wins against Tech and OSU will put us very comfortably above Texas in the BCS.

salth2o
11/9/2008, 10:42 PM
Jessie is being groomed to be the next Kirk H. His f*ing hair (mock mohawk) is VERY ghey.

primetime43
11/9/2008, 10:43 PM
he also said Florida has the hottest offense the last 4 games avg 51 ppg. Well Jesse guess what... Our last 4 games we are averaging 58!

hink4769
11/9/2008, 10:48 PM
For some reason Jesse loves Mack Brown. I remember last year during bowl season he said something like, "Never pick against Mack Brown in a big game." There have also been assorted other comments like this from him. I don't really get it, its kinda bizzare.

hink4769
11/9/2008, 10:50 PM
His prediction for the Fiesta Bowl is that we win out, Texas wins tie-breaker because they have higher BCS rank and goes to BIG 12 and National Title game and we play Utah in Fiesta. :mad:

Jesse, you my friend are retarded. We win out, there is NO way Texas has a higher ranking than us!

If you are so confident that OU is going to pass Texas, then why are you mad?

salth2o
11/9/2008, 10:52 PM
If you are so confident that OU is going to pass Texas, then why are you mad?

b/c he is a dou-che!

jwlynn64
11/9/2008, 11:12 PM
Funny. I thought that Robert Smith was the bigger ******. I love the whole argument of Texas has to be above Oklahoma because they have the head to head win.

I believe that he actually prefaced it with he thinks that is is a shame that if OU wins out, he thinks it is a shame that OU will probably be put above Texas. WTF, should Texas Tech still be ahead of Texas then? How will he reconcile that fact that Tech is still above OU even though OU won the head to head!

Damn shame any of those a$$ holes can even be employed.

PS - Hope I didn't waste my 1000th post on the Robert Smith without any actual skills (or homoerotic makeup!) Edit - only my 999th. ;)

mdklatt
11/9/2008, 11:15 PM
there is NO way Texas has a higher ranking than us!

If we both have one loss, why shouldn't they?

hink4769
11/9/2008, 11:20 PM

that sounds too uppity to me. you must be a horn fan! just kidding.

JLEW1818
11/9/2008, 11:25 PM
I don't think this 3 way tie happens. Honestly, I think We or Texas lose. I think Mangino has it in him.

mdklatt
11/9/2008, 11:47 PM
that sounds too uppity to me. you must be a horn fan! just kidding.

I'm just a rational fan.

Zebra
11/9/2008, 11:48 PM
ya know, if you guys need a break from the "Florida is the best team" and "texas should be ahead of OU" crap, go check out the bowl projections on cbssportsline.com They have us playing Florida for the MNC. Have had us winning the south and the Big 12 title for 3 weeks.

hink4769
11/9/2008, 11:57 PM
Have had us winning the south and the Big 12 title for 3 weeks.

even before Tech beat Texas?

sooner518
11/10/2008, 12:11 AM
I used to like Palmer but his SEC/UF love is becoming more and more apparent every week.

DallasSooner87
11/10/2008, 12:19 AM
I don't think this 3 way tie happens. Honestly, I think We or Texas lose. I think Mangino has it in him.

Are you implying he is going to or has already eaten Colt. Because that is the only way Kansas is going to win, as much as I want them to.

Zebra
11/10/2008, 12:19 AM
even before Tech beat Texas?

Yes, even before Tech beat Texas. The first week they put it up they had the explanation of Tech winning against Texas and OU winning out and pushing ahead of everyone and winning the tie breaker. The only difference was they had us in the fiesta bowl against ohio st. and then utah the past two weeks until penn st. went down.

mdklatt
11/10/2008, 12:24 AM
us in the fiesta bowl against ohio st

Woo hoo, the Choke Bowl! :O

Toronto Sooner
11/10/2008, 12:48 AM
Keep in mind that Jesse Palmer is not the brightest export out of Canada. As such, we should probably weigh his opinions appropriately. John Saunders and Stacey Dales are much better broadcasters out of Canada. John is a well accomplished broadcaster (for many sports), and generally a good guy, and Stacey appears to be progressing well as she gains experience (and I take it everyone would agree that she is easy on the eyes). The 3 of them broadcast the annual International Bowl game together (played in Toronto - Big East team vs MAC team), along with Doug Flutie (he played for the Toronto Argos for number of years). I think it's just a matter of time until we get the Bills on a permanent basis (Buffalo is only 1.5 hrs away - 1 regular season game is now played in Toronto, effective this year). Unfortunately, Buffalo has been hit hard over the years, and Corporate support has really dried up. It is the complete opposite in toronto, where there is massive Corporate dollars (and a market of over 30 million people, Canada wide). Unfortunately, US college football is not followed at all in Canada (maybe over time the International Bowl will help to create a bit of interest), but the NFL is mega popular here.

Salt City Sooner
11/10/2008, 01:10 AM

No way the Fiesta takes us a third straight year. They'll switch us off with somebody else.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2008, 01:26 AM
I'm just a rational fan.

Code 3 oxymoron alert !!

:)

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 10:10 AM

If Tech just has one loss and it is to a team that has only lost twice at home in ten years and they beat texas why shouldn't they be ranked ahead of texas still?

Folks...it is a three way tie. Why is that so hard to understand that a team who beat one of the other teams will be ranked below that team?

A beats B, B beats C and C beats A. Who gets the nod? Well, as in the case in college football, the team that lost first and won the biggest game last. In this case, OU will be BOTH of those things.

Should Ole Miss be ranked ahead of Florida?

Oregon State above USC?

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 10:11 AM
No way the Fiesta takes us a third straight year. They'll switch us off with somebody else.

Bowls care about one thing.

Butts In Seats.

They would always welcome OU and their fan base back to the Valley of the Sun. They could care less who wins and people out here STILL talk about the OU-Boise State game as one of the greatest Fiesta Bowl's ever.

MojoRisen
11/10/2008, 10:24 AM
Tech should absolutely be ahead of Texas if they all have one loss... :)

mobilesteve
11/10/2008, 11:05 AM
When Jesse Palmer learns how to tie his tie correctly, not like a 1970's door to door salesman, I'll take is opinion more seriously.

BuckyB
11/10/2008, 11:07 AM
This morning Colin Cowherd predicted if we win out we'll play Florida State in the Orange Bowl.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2008, 11:09 AM
This morning Colin Cowherd predicted if we win out we'll play Florida State in the Orange Bowl.

Bowden must have some kind of pull with BCS voters ! :)

SteelClip49
11/10/2008, 11:16 AM
IF Oklahoma wins over Texas Tech, would Texas Texas Tech stay in the top 3 considering they defeated Texas? Texas Tech beat Texas and Texas stayed ahead of Oklahoma in the BCS...just saying, or is it because of timing?

Also, if Oklahoma wins out as does Texas and Texas stays ahead of OU in the BCS standings....Texas loses the Big XII title game and Alabama hands Florida a second loss, would OU go to BCS #2 even without winning the XII or will somehow USC get there assuming they win out? Hell, USC may not even win the Pac 10 considering how good Oregon State is.

I am confused.

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2442507#post2442507

As I pointed out on 10/12, Palmer and the rest of the ESPN talking heads have been the Florida bandwagon for a while. All of which is pathetic given their home loss to a bad Ole Miss team.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 11:29 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2442507#post2442507

As I pointed out on 10/12, Palmer and the rest of the ESPN talking heads have been the Florida bandwagon for a while. All of which is pathetic given their home loss to a bad Ole Miss team.

On this, all the Big 12 South teams can agree. Let's say OU beats TT in two weeks.

OU loses to Texas - no shame in that.

Texas loses at Texas Tech - no shame in that.

Texas Tech loses at OU - no shame in that.

Florida loses at home to Ole Miss - WTF?

USC loses at Oregon State - ditto Florida

oumartin
11/10/2008, 11:52 AM
Actually saying texas should be ranked ahead of us even if we beat Tech is not rational thinking. Each week is different. By that logic then Ole Miss should be ranked ahead of Florida. Rank teams on who you think is the best team.

Texas beat OU yes but use this logic of Texas beat OU so they should be ranked higher if OU beats Tech? Cuz you can't rank Tech ahead of OU cuz OU beat them. You can't rank Texas higher than Tech cuz Tech won and you Can't rank OU higher than Texas cuz texas won.

Its dumb logic.

Rank em how they are playing now and who you think is the best.
If you truly think Texas is the best team then rank them that way. But if you think OU is better there is nothing unrational with ranking OU higher.

The head to head is kinda dumb to me after a couple weeks. Teams improve or get worse over the course of the season.

Hell Florida might be the best team in the country and nobody is arguing that but they sure aren't better than Ole Miss. After all Ole Miss beat them at Florida.

Scott D
11/10/2008, 11:54 AM
Bowden must have some kind of pull with BCS voters ! :)

well more that the ACC is mediocre, and the fact that we're sick of the Fiesta and the Fiesta would like to get someone else in there. The irony in Cowherd's picks were that he had Ohio State in the Fiesta against Boise State since he has Utah losing to BYU.

Half a Hundred
11/10/2008, 12:03 PM
Jesse Palmer's role is to be the front-runner -- always pumping up the teams with the biggest fanbases.

Of course he'd be all over Texas' jock. That's his job.

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 12:11 PM
On this, all the Big 12 South teams can agree. Let's say OU beats TT in two weeks.

OU loses to Texas - no shame in that.

Texas loses at Texas Tech - no shame in that.

Texas Tech loses at OU - no shame in that.

Florida loses at home to Ole Miss - WTF?

USC loses at Oregon State - ditto Florida

Agreed...not sure how or why USC and Florida are even in the conversation....and Florida's is the worst loss of the two as it happened on their home field.

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 12:30 PM
If Tech just has one loss and it is to a team that has only lost twice at home in ten years and they beat texas why shouldn't they be ranked ahead of texas still?

Folks...it is a three way tie. Why is that so hard to understand that a team who beat one of the other teams will be ranked below that team?

A beats B, B beats C and C beats A. Who gets the nod? Well, as in the case in college football, the team that lost first and won the biggest game last. In this case, OU will be BOTH of those things.

Should Ole Miss be ranked ahead of Florida?

Oregon State above USC?

Your analysis here is correct but it only relates the human polls which are 50% of the BCS. Texas made up a lot of real estate this week in the human polls and slipped in the computer polls. Will be interesting to see both if OU wins out. In theory the computer polls should take timing out of the equation. Texas gets lots of love in the CM computer poll where our strength of schedule is #2 and OU is #44. Obviously OU's will improve a ton in the next 3 weeks but when I ran the scenarios on the CM poll assuming OU wins out, Texas still comes out on top. Obviously this is one of the 6 computer polls and frankly not familiar with which variables are included and how they are weighted across all 6 computers.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 12:32 PM
when I ran the scenarios assuming OU wins out, Texas still comes out on top.

That is why you aren't an ubiased computer! ;)

And to say that WHEN you lose isn't a factor is...well...avoiding reality whether it is fair or not.

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 12:38 PM
That is why you aren't an ubiased computer! ;)

And to say that WHEN you lose isn't a factor is...well...avoiding reality whether it is fair or not.

When you lose is obviously a factor in the human polls. More interested in the computer polls and how they might include that variable. Any idea?

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 12:45 PM
Any idea?

From the Daily Oklahoman...Richard Billingsley...one of the computer pollsters.

But that will change if the Sooners win their remaining two games against Texas Tech (No. 1 in the computers) and Oklahoma State (No. 11 in the computers).

That’s why a three-way tie will probably end up favoring the Sooners, sending them to the Big 12 Championship — and with a win there to the national championship — ahead of the Longhorns, even though Texas won the head-to-head matchup.

"The way my system works in a three-way tie is that a win over a No. 1 team is worth more in November than in October,” said Richard Billingsley, who operates one of six computer ratings that factor into the BCS. "Therefore, an OU win over No. 1 Texas Tech would be worth more than the Texas win over the No. 1 Sooners earlier in the season.”

By beating the Red Raiders in two weeks, OU would boost its computer ranking significantly.

Consider this: When Tech defeated then-No. 1 Texas, the Red Raiders jumped from No. 10 in the computers to No. 1.

OU figures to benefit from a similar jump in the computers, which would move the Sooners past Texas in the BCS, even if the human polls remain status quo.

"If OU wins out, they are not a lock to jump Texas in my rankings,” Billingsley said. "But OU looks to be in a good position.”

Not certain, but very likely.

oumartin
11/10/2008, 12:51 PM
so suck it! :D

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 12:52 PM
From the Daily Oklahoman...Richard Billingsley...one of the computer pollsters.

But that will change if the Sooners win their remaining two games against Texas Tech (No. 1 in the computers) and Oklahoma State (No. 11 in the computers).

That’s why a three-way tie will probably end up favoring the Sooners, sending them to the Big 12 Championship — and with a win there to the national championship — ahead of the Longhorns, even though Texas won the head-to-head matchup.

"The way my system works in a three-way tie is that a win over a No. 1 team is worth more in November than in October,” said Richard Billingsley, who operates one of six computer ratings that factor into the BCS. "Therefore, an OU win over No. 1 Texas Tech would be worth more than the Texas win over the No. 1 Sooners earlier in the season.”

By beating the Red Raiders in two weeks, OU would boost its computer ranking significantly.

Consider this: When Tech defeated then-No. 1 Texas, the Red Raiders jumped from No. 10 in the computers to No. 1.

OU figures to benefit from a similar jump in the computers, which would move the Sooners past Texas in the BCS, even if the human polls remain status quo.

"If OU wins out, they are not a lock to jump Texas in my rankings,” Billingsley said. "But OU looks to be in a good position.”

Not certain, but very likely.

So OU over Texas in Billingsley's poll and vice versa in Colley Matrix. That leaves 4...and idea? To clarify, the Colley Matrix outcome is based on me running the scenarios on that site. Want to leave plenty of wiggle room here for operator error.