OKC-SLC
11/9/2008, 04:40 PM
this is ok.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/9/2008, 04:40 PM
this is nice.

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 04:41 PM
I don't know how important it is, but we've got a decent looking point lead on succ it looks like

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2008, 04:41 PM
If we beat Tech and aggy, we are gonna get damn close to jumping texass.

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 04:42 PM
Oh and I like how LSU is about to drop out of the top 25,ha

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 04:42 PM

I think we jump to #2 at that point

SOONERnTx
11/9/2008, 04:43 PM
i didnt think the bcs came out untill 630

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 04:48 PM
I don't know how important it is, but we've got a decent looking point lead on succ it looks like

I don't think it is important at this point of the season. 'SC only unranked teams on the schedule, so even winning 100-0 won't help 'em. They need upsets of the teams ahead of them by unranked opponents or they need Mizzou to win the big12 CCG. The latter is their best shot.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/9/2008, 04:51 PM
If we beat aggy and tech, along with the addition of TCU and Cincy in the Top 25 we should be good. Texas will have a good Mizzou win, but hasn't played anyone decent that we haven't played.

bri
11/9/2008, 05:27 PM
Well yeah, but Texas does have that quality win over us helping them out. ;)

Stitch Face
11/9/2008, 05:40 PM
These numbers show one thing: a perfect storm for a late surge by Ball State.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/9/2008, 05:43 PM
If we beat Tech and aggy, we are gonna get damn close to jumping texass.That's why I'm concerned. We will have to beat Tech convincingly, not just barely, in order to jump tx.

shaun4411
11/9/2008, 05:46 PM
i have a feeling the voters would reward an ou win against tech with a #2 ranking. i think it will all come down to the ou performance in stoowater

MojoRisen
11/9/2008, 05:50 PM
All I know is that Florida moved from 8th to 4th mostly based on a computer ranking after beating #6 Georgia at the time.

I think we pass Texas as soon as we beat TT and before OK State... We are only behind them in 1/3 of the BCS which is the computers...

hink4769
11/9/2008, 05:52 PM
If have to wonder if our win over TT going to help as much as everyone seems to think it is in the human polls. I think most of the national media people already feel that OU is better than Tech and should easily handle them at home. I haven't seen a bowl prediction that has Tech in the NC game, so they must all believe that OU beats them. I don't think the win will quite have to "wow" factor in it that will impell people to put OU over Texas, if they already have Texas ahead. Just my opinion.

shaun4411
11/9/2008, 06:03 PM
beating the last good undefeated team will be a big jump. i can happen. it all comes down to performance against stoolwater

OUmillenium
11/9/2008, 06:03 PM
That's what I am worried about too...hink

SoonerFrance
11/9/2008, 06:09 PM
What's the weather forecast for Lawrence next week? KU's had a disappointing season, but they're not Baylor or aTm.

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 06:21 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8776040_37_1.pdf

We gained a little ground on Texas in the computers. That gives me a little more faith that we can top them.

okiewaker
11/9/2008, 06:22 PM
My boss is a big horns fan and I txted him last night and asked what size shirt I should get him for the OU-Tech game. The idiot txted me back and said he is rooting for tech in that game and that a tech loss no longer helps his horns. There will be no all big 12 NC game, but he thinks it will happen if bama loses.

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2008, 06:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8776040_37_1.pdf

We gained a little ground on Texas in the computers. That gives me a little more faith that we can top them.

Yep went from .150 behind to .100 behind in the computers...

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2008, 06:35 PM
What's the weather forecast for Lawrence next week? KU's had a disappointing season, but they're not Baylor or aTm.

Sunny, probably below 40 at kickoff, 44 is the high

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USKS0319?from=36hr_topnav_business

swardboy
11/9/2008, 07:24 PM
Sunny, probably below 40 at kickoff, 44 is the high

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/USKS0319?from=36hr_topnav_business

Ah, Jayhawk weather!

tulsaoilerfan
11/9/2008, 09:19 PM

Cincy and TCU could be the difference; i don't think the :texan: played anyone decent in their non-conference schedule

StoopTroup
11/9/2008, 09:26 PM
Win OUt!

sooner94
11/9/2008, 11:17 PM
What if we beat Tech and we have the 3 -way tie with one loss. What if the Harris Poll voters and coaches decide that OU and Texas are the 2 best teams in the Big 12? Just because the are OU and Texas. Then they give Texas the nod because Texas won head to head against OU?

I could see that happening.

That being said, can't worry about what ifs and maybes. I'm looking forward to seeing how we play against Tech and OSU. A couple of big games to see what we got.

JLEW1818
11/9/2008, 11:22 PM
I could see that.

colleyvillesooner
11/9/2008, 11:26 PM
Yep, I think it's very possible IF we beat Tech, we could move past UT, only to fall behind them after Bedlam in a "but UT beat OU" kinda voting like we saw in the last vote last year.

11/9/2008, 11:31 PM
Yep, I think it's very possible IF we beat Tech, we could move past UT, only to fall behind them after OU-OSU in a "but UT beat OU" kinda voting like we saw in the last vote last year.??? If we are ahead of Tx after we beat tech, all we gotta do is beat aggy for the CCG game to happen for us.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/9/2008, 11:59 PM
as I mentioned on another thread, we would catch UT in the computers....we should have made up ground, but if you look from wk to wk, we actually lost ground. The humans rewarded UT more for their victory over Baylor, than our romp of A&M. In the Harris poll, UT gained 149 pts, we only gained 61 pts. In the USA poll, UT gained 73 pts, we only gained 24.

Not sure what the votes saw in the Baylor victory that impressed them...it just seems they are going to give UT's victory over us a lot of weight. I heard some guy from ESPN today, that he would vote UT ahead of OU to play for the NCG, even if we won the Big 12 Championship. His reasoning, UT and Tech losses were on the road and we lost at a neutral site. Plus he said, hey OU fans, don't be talking about Ohio St in BCS games because you sure have showed anything the past few yrs.

This was before the rankings came out today. We win out, it sure will put some people in a bind. I still don't see how a voter in their right mind could vote UT ahead of the Big 12 Champion, just because they beat them. I guess Mississippi should be getting some 1st place votes soon.

I still think we should be good if we out, just as most of us are saying....

SleestakSooner
11/10/2008, 12:26 AM
The fact that our loss to UT in Dallas was considered a "home loss" for us and a "road win" for them is what will ultimately hurt us in a lot of the computer models. Although it is really a neutral site and should be listed as such this designation will be what gives UT the edge over us even if we beat the team that beat them.

What we all really need to be praying for is losses for both Florida and Alabama. Maybe then we could play a rematch with UT in the BCS. Of course this is all academic if OU doesn't win out they have no chance for another MNC.

hink4769
11/10/2008, 12:29 AM
The fact that our loss to UT in Dallas was considered a "home loss" for us and a "road win" for them is what will ultimately hurt us in a lot of the computer models. Although it is really a neutral site and should be listed as such this designation will be what gives UT the edge over us even if we beat the team that beat them.

Are you sure about this? Because it would be really stupid if it was true. I don't think it would be hard to program "neutral site" into a computer. If anything we should gain extra points from giving up a home game.

Crimson_Balls
11/10/2008, 12:35 AM
we will get hosed, like we did in Oregon.

The BCS is inconsistent and IF we end up in a 3 way tie, Texas will be rewarded and we will play against Utah in Glendale, AZ as a 2nd place Big XII team

11/10/2008, 12:50 AM
as I mentioned on another thread, we would catch UT in the computers....we should have made up ground, but if you look from wk to wk, we actually lost ground. The humans rewarded UT more for their victory over Baylor, than our romp of A&M. In the Harris poll, UT gained 149 pts, we only gained 61 pts. In the USA poll, UT gained 73 pts, we only gained 24.

Not sure what the votes saw in the Baylor victory that impressed them...it just seems they are going to give UT's victory over us a lot of weight. I heard some guy from ESPN today, that he would vote UT ahead of OU to play for the NCG, even if we won the Big 12 Championship. His reasoning, UT and Tech losses were on the road and we lost at a neutral site. Plus he said, hey OU fans, don't be talking about Ohio St in BCS games because you sure have showed anything the past few yrs.

This was before the rankings came out today. We win out, it sure will put some people in a bind. I still don't see how a voter in their right mind could vote UT ahead of the Big 12 Champion, just because they beat them. I guess Mississippi should be getting some 1st place votes soon.

I still think we should be good if we out, just as most of us are saying....Worth repeating. There are those who think we will stink up a NC game, I'm sure. Who doesn't remember TGWWWND,or whatever the exact name we give it is. Sorta hard to forget the Fiesta Bowls, too.,

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2008, 01:37 AM
Man, you folks can come up with so many scenarios where we win out but end up getting screwed. The fact is that the BCS is not our biggest hurdle. To hoist the crystal ball, we have to beat 4 legit top 15 teams in a row with 2 of those being top 2. We have only played 1 top 10 team so far this season and lost, so it is reasonable that there are plenty of doubters out there. If we can take tech, that all changes. If we take TT and OSU, there will be no room on our bandwagon. The voters are very fickle and what-have-you-lately. We just need to do something lately.

OUby35
11/10/2008, 01:46 AM
If only we could settle this on the field somehow.... Maybe Mr. Obama could make that his first executive order? Unless the BCS is just a ploy to get football fans interested in complex math.

BoulderSooner79
11/10/2008, 01:49 AM
I hope the government has higher priority things to break^H^H^H^H fix than college football.

emoinwinter
11/10/2008, 08:32 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings?week=4

The thing I don't understand is how the "CM" computer has Texas as #2, and Tech as #2. Can someone please explain the logic to me?

MojoRisen
11/10/2008, 08:44 AM
If we stay ahead in the coaches poll, and pass them in the computer we should be golden...

We should pass Florida too - if we win out... Everybody needs to remember what it did for Florida in the computers to beat a number 6 team in the country... If we beat the number 2 team that alone should be enough for us to re-pass florida in the computers let alone Texas...

As long as the coaches don't freakin screw us - which will be tough for them to concieve if we beat Tech - we should be 2/3rds ahead of Texas with the other poll bieng = or us one behind...

Doesn't that put us in??????

Worst case- we can hope the Texas players hate the cold... and get beat by Mizzou in Kansas City - and Alabama beats Florida...

bri
11/10/2008, 10:00 AM

The thing I don't understand is how the "CM" computer has Texas as #2, and Tech as #2. Can someone please explain the logic to me?

It's called a "tie".

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=MojoRisen;2481165]If we stay ahead in the coaches poll, and pass them in the computer we should be golden...

Very insightful analysis.

tommieharris91
11/10/2008, 12:07 PM

Colley Matrix Rankings (http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html)

His computer has Texas #1. Also, ESPN's rankings have Texas #1 and Tech #2.

Colley Matrix Formula (http://www.burntorangenation.com/story/2006/10/31/92120/797)

UTgolfer
11/10/2008, 12:21 PM
Colley Matrix Rankings (http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html)

His computer has Texas #1. Also, ESPN's rankings have Texas #1 and Tech #2.

Colley Matrix Formula (http://www.burntorangenation.com/story/2006/10/31/92120/797)

Anyone else run any win/loss scenarios? Assuming Texas and OU win out, I got rankings of .95113 and .92658, respectively. Obviously Texas is getting the most love from this computer poll but does anyone REALLY understand which variables are included and how they weighted in each of the computer polls?

colleyvillesooner
11/10/2008, 12:23 PM
:mad:

I'm filing name infringement violation...

ashley
11/10/2008, 03:01 PM
Why do all the so called experts think that if we beat Tech that tu will be ahead of us. Is it because of their clout and hugh following? I am having a hard time with this. Could it be that they get extra points for beating a then highly ranked Mizzo team that has turned out to be very average.

bri
11/10/2008, 04:47 PM
Why do all the so called experts think that if we beat Tech that tu will be ahead of us. Is it because of their clout and hugh following? I am having a hard time with this. Could it be that they get extra points for beating a then highly ranked Mizzo team that has turned out to be very average.

No, I think they get extra points for beating a highly ranked Oklahoma team.

It really isn't that difficult. I mean, it seems difficult, but it really isn't. :D

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 04:50 PM
We were the first of the 3 teams to lose. That benefits us.

hink4769
11/10/2008, 05:36 PM
We were the first of the 3 teams to lose. That benefits us.

Maybe they should just clear things up and make a rule that says "First team to lose gets in" it would save alot of confusion and unnecessary stress. But probably drive down ESPN ratings, so I guess it won't happen.

BigTip
11/11/2008, 10:17 AM
Interesting article in today's Austin American Statesman. Writer Kirk Bohls says OU will jump Texas in BCS if everything goes like IT'S GOING TO (Capitalizes to emphasize positive thinking!).

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/11/11/1111bohls.html

boomermagic
11/12/2008, 09:32 AM
None of that stuff matters unless we win out.. We beat tech and goat lovers and then we should be sitting in the number 2 spot IMO...

D. Wade
11/13/2008, 01:47 AM
If have to wonder if our win over TT going to help as much as everyone seems to think it is in the human polls. I think most of the national media people already feel that OU is better than Tech and should easily handle them at home. I haven't seen a bowl prediction that has Tech in the NC game, so they must all believe that OU beats them. I don't think the win will quite have to "wow" factor in it that will impell people to put OU over Texas, if they already have Texas ahead. Just my opinion.

The human polls will hurt us, but the computers are going to LOVE us, OU wins out, and they"ll be right where we all want them to be. All of this is one of my reasons against big playoff system, all the conjecture back and forth, a plus one would be ONLY acceptable formula for myself, of course its all moot, until 2015 when the NEXT contract will be negotiated.

JLEW1818
11/13/2008, 02:09 AM
Why can Texas just lose this weekend and we can get all this over with. If history repeats itself, they will lose. (2006) season

shaun4411
11/13/2008, 11:17 AM
i wonder if the computer rankings take into effect the currently played sos, or the sos of the entire season. this makes a huge difference as ou's sos will be significantly higher at the end of the season than it currently is. this is in our favor because if that is indeed the case, then texas' sos will drop , and that will very beneficial.

MojoRisen
11/13/2008, 11:38 AM
I believe it is for the entire season, as I saw one BCS expert saying we will definitely have the advantage in SOS with TCU and Cinci being highly rated and potential conference champions...

He also said that beating an undefeated Texas Tech at 10 and 0 is worth more points than Texas beating a 6-0 Oklahoma..

If need be I will look up the article but that seems to say the entire season.. for SOS

D. Wade
11/14/2008, 03:33 AM
Why can Texas just lose this weekend and we can get all this over with. If history repeats itself, they will lose. (2006) season

I agree, Texas, just lose baby, lose.