PDA

View Full Version : AD Pounding Green Bay today

Since71ASooner4Life
11/9/2008, 04:10 PM
He's running over and thru people in High Definition at my house!

freshchris05
11/9/2008, 04:12 PM
same here as i am in that area for a couple weeks

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 04:13 PM
Greatness :D

freshchris05
11/9/2008, 04:13 PM
192 rushing

33 receiving

1 td

so far...

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 04:23 PM
Hey Badj.......

28-27 !!!!

Sorry....it's been along few years.;)

badger
11/9/2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry....it's been along few years.;)

Whadaya talkin' bout? GB ALWAYS loses at the Herbie Humpy Metrodome!

Ah well... they came back and nearly pulled it off.

jkjsooner
11/9/2008, 05:23 PM
I know it's early in his career but how long will Peterson have to play at this level before he starts getting serious consideration for the HOF? Must you play 8-10 years or is an exceptional 4 years or so good enough. How much harder is it if you play on poor teams?

Comparing to Dickerson, Dickerson had a 2100 yard year and a couple of 1800 yard years. If Peterson can stay healthy he very well could match at least he 1800 yard year this year) and he would have done so if healthy last year.

Dickerson did hang on for 11 years but outside of those three and a couple of good years it was pretty average.

If Peterson could have just one monster year and another year like last year and then hang on for a few years he could really start to be compared to Dickerson (for more than his running style).

I know there's a lot of IF's here and I realize a 2100 yard season isn' likely but he is on pace for 1800 and their running game is just now getting started...

Note: One reason I am so interested is that for a program of our stature we haven't produced many (Selmon and McDonald) HOF'ers. Funny thing is the HOF actually lists OU as having three with Aikman as an asterisk. There is nobody outside of Peterson playing in the NFL who threatens to be a HOF'er. Of course someone could all of a sudden start lighting the NFL up but that's not probable.

I think with every player and program it takes a lot of luck to get to the HOF. Had Sims stayed healthy a few more years and I think he would have gotten consideration but every program has had players like that just as we wonder what could have been with Gaddis in college. More than anything, I think our offensive philosophy going all the way back to the Wilkinson days limited our chances of producing offensive HOF'ers as we just didn't produce NFL QB's and even o-linemen were at a disadvantage when making the transition to the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 05:43 PM
The HOF is a very political thing with the exception of 1st ballot obvious players. I watched Terrell Davis here in Denver and he would have been HOF material if he hadn't blown out his knee. But most experts don't think he will make it due to the short career. He had 4 incredible years and was league MVP during his 2000 yard year and super bowl MVP. He even had a 1000 yard year post-injury where is was a shadow of his former self. On the other hand, Gale Sayers got in after an injury shortened career w/o the play-off opportunities.

I just hope AD stays healthy and doesn't have those concerns. I also hope he gets to play on some solid contending teams along the way and can perform in playoff situations.

jkjsooner
11/9/2008, 05:53 PM
The HOF is a very political thing with the exception of 1st ballot obvious players. I watched Terrell Davis here in Denver and he would have been HOF material if he hadn't blown out his knee. But most experts don't think he will make it due to the short career. He had 4 incredible years and was league MVP during his 2000 yard year and super bowl MVP. He even had a 1000 yard year post-injury where is was a shadow of his former self. On the other hand, Gale Sayers got in after an injury shortened career w/o the play-off opportunities.

I just hope AD stays healthy and doesn't have those concerns. I also hope he gets to play on some solid contending teams along the way and can perform in playoff situations.

I'm sure Davis is, for better or worse, labelled as a system running back considering that is seemed that Denver could plug almost anyone in there and get production. (Given, Portis has proven that maybe they were just good RBs)

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 10:29 PM
I'm sure Davis is, for better or worse, labelled as a system running back considering that is seemed that Denver could plug almost anyone in there and get production. (Given, Portis has proven that maybe they were just good RBs)

Yeah, I've heard that, but watching the Doncos over the years I know he was special. The big difference was in the passing game as Davis forced the opposing D to put 8 men in the box (sometimes 9!) and Elway would get single coverage on Smith, McCaffrey and Sharpe and just pick 'em apart. None of that dink and dunk stuff, they threw down field for big yards. With the other system back, they would get good running yardage, but the defenses didn't have to commit so many people to control it and the passing game suffered greatly. They also didn't get nearly as many big running plays except from Portis. Davis was the man and I'm sure he'd love to get in the HOF, but he seems content with 2 superbowl rings.

AD is Davis and Portis all rolled into one and then some. He is clearly HOF talent and just needs the opportunity to run into it :)