PDA

View Full Version : Reasons Why We Beat Tech

westcoast_sooner
11/9/2008, 01:27 PM
1. Both teams have offensive firepower, but we have a better running game. We'll dominate the LOS, give Sam the time to find open receivers and Murray and Chris Brown will gash Tech's defense for big yardage.

2. Two weeks to prepare, and two weeks to heal up.

3. Playing at home. Face it. It's just plain hard to beat the Sooners in Norman. Couple that with the fact that Tech's two big wins these last two weeks were emotionally charged nationally televised games at home. Playing in Norman will be a different deal.

4. Uncharted territory. Every season has a Cinderella, and much like last season's Mizzou team that hadn't been there before, neither has Tech. OU is in big game situations every year. Let the media talk all they want about how great Harrell is, how great Crabtree is and how strange/genius Leach is. In the end, Sooners win because they know how to win a big conference game.

Curly Bill
11/9/2008, 01:31 PM
Here's how we beat TT:

We score 100 points which is enough to top the 90 we give up to them. :D

Fraggle145
11/9/2008, 01:32 PM
We just have to make sure we dont have the stall outs in the middle like we did last week and like we did vs texas. 3 drives with no scores will kill us vs tech.

And someone needs to make sure now that Jimmy Stevens got his head out of his *** that it stays there.

josh09
11/9/2008, 01:36 PM
I agree with Bill haha :D

fadada1
11/9/2008, 01:43 PM
Here's how we beat TT:

We score 100 points which is enough to top the 90 we give up to them. :D

nice!

i also think we need to knock harrel around a bit. they're going to score, no doubt, but if we can throw the kitchen sink at him a few times and get him grass-stained and thinking, we might fluster him.

watching last night, i think BV will be getting our DL and LBs to get their hands in the air. i see a lot of passes that have the potential to be deflected, that simply aren't for some reason. he's very quick on his reads and passes, so it's tough (i'm sure). he seems to throw through a lot of spaces b/w his lineman and low flying screens. if we can get some better positioning by our LBs just beyond the LOS, i see a lot of passes being knocked down.

just my $.02... from an untrained eye.

badger
11/9/2008, 01:46 PM
Pirates may have control of the seas... but LAND PIRATES have control of the mainland!

And where, might I ask, is a football game held? On land, or on water?

:P SOONERS WIN!

swardboy
11/9/2008, 01:58 PM
We instruct Sam to turn his back on all tackling attempts...

adoniijahsooner
11/9/2008, 03:18 PM
We just have to make sure we dont have the stall outs in the middle like we did last week and like we did vs texas. 3 drives with no scores will kill us vs tech.

And someone needs to make sure now that Jimmy Stevens got his head out of his *** that it stays there.

we scored 66 points! As many possessions as we have, we are bound to have some empty drives.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2008, 03:19 PM
5. MOJO

and

SWAGGER

soonervegas
11/9/2008, 04:13 PM
Owen field

Fraggle145
11/9/2008, 05:01 PM
we scored 66 points! As many possessions as we have, we are bound to have some empty drives.

I'm not saying we wont... its the timing of the empty drives that is important. Tech had 7 drives in a row last week with TDs we had 4. Just sayin.

AlbqSooner
11/9/2008, 05:04 PM
We're Sooners. They aren't

SoonerPr8r
11/9/2008, 05:05 PM
Land Pirates >> sand pirates

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2008, 05:15 PM
1. Both teams have offensive firepower, but we have a better running game. We'll dominate the LOS, give Sam the time to find open receivers and Murray and Chris Brown will gash Tech's defense for big yardage.

You're right, Tech has no chance. Signed, Rich Rodriguez.

3. Playing at home. Face it. It's just plain hard to beat the Sooners in Norman. Couple that with the fact that Tech's two big wins these last two weeks were emotionally charged nationally televised games at home. Playing in Norman will be a different deal.

I'll give you that one.

4. Uncharted territory. Every season has a Cinderella, and much like last season's Mizzou team that hadn't been there before, neither has Tech. OU is in big game situations every year. Let the media talk all they want about how great Harrell is, how great Crabtree is and how strange/genius Leach is. In the end, Sooners win because they know how to win a big conference game.

Pfffft. Tell that to Texas. And KSU. And LSU. And Boise St. And W. Virginia. We used the same arguments back then that we are using now. We never learn.

The only advantage we really have is home field. Tech's offense, defense, special teams, and coaching are every bit as good as ours. I think OU will win, but only because it is playing at home.

BASSooner
11/9/2008, 05:28 PM

5. We're underdogs which means we'll care about trying=potential domination (hence POTENTIAL, and see Big 12 CG last year)

WildBlueSooner
11/9/2008, 05:37 PM
SAM!

St. Louis Sooner
11/9/2008, 10:51 PM
The "two week" argument is a push since they have the week off too.

Tech went to Columbia last year and absolutely laid a turd; if the crowd and all things Sooners get rowdy enough, we can help them pass another turd in Norman.

hgarmorer
11/9/2008, 10:56 PM
5. MOJO

and

SWAGGER

OH CRAP!!! Andre Ware is announcing the game?!?!

soonerinabilene
11/9/2008, 11:01 PM
Use the same game plan we had in the Big12 CCG last year against Missouri. Let the receivers make the catch, then knock their head off. Pressure Harrell into making mistakes. Use our LB speed to take away the middle passes. And dont ever not know where Norris is lined up.

mdklatt
11/9/2008, 11:07 PM
Use our LB speed to take away the middle passes.

You mean we can do this?? :confused:

hink4769
11/9/2008, 11:24 PM
Tech is generally awful on the road.
OU is generally kick-*** at home.
Do the math

Mile High Sooner
11/9/2008, 11:48 PM
Tech is generally awful on the road.
OU is generally kick-*** at home.
Do the math

10/04 @ Kansas State 5-0 (1-0) W 58-28
10/11 Nebraska 6-0 (2-0) W 37-31 OT
10/18 @ Texas A&M 7-0 (3-0) W 43-25
10/25 @ No. 23 Kansas 8-0 (4-0) W 63-21

Apparently we just need to be better than the Corn...

westcoast_sooner
11/10/2008, 01:36 AM
Don't know if Tech is better than Mizzou was last year, but they are the media's new toy. There is also two weeks of hype that will surround them. I'm guessing Stoops & Co will get our guys to use that to our advantage.

Don't get me wrong, we will have our work cut out, this won't be like beating A&M 66-something at their place, but Tech is not unbeatable. We've played these guys tough before, and come out on the long end most of the time.

rainiersooner
11/10/2008, 01:58 AM

I nominate Cordero Moore!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/10/2008, 02:08 AM
We better

goodolesooner
11/10/2008, 02:17 AM
Reasons Why We Beat Tech

Norman, Oklahoma.

BuckyB
11/10/2008, 11:10 AM
Because Stoops knows we need style point to jump Texas, and our offense will be going full speed for four quarters.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2008, 11:20 AM
Here's how we beat TT:

We score 100 points which is enough to top the 90 we give up to them. :DRight on the mark!

goodolesooner
11/10/2008, 01:07 PM
Also, OU seems to show up and play big time football in these big, nationally covered conference games.

I know we lost to Tejas, but our record in big, conference ball games speaks for itself.

Many were probably thinking the same thing last year against Mizzou in the CCG that they are now leading up to Tech.

Tech will come to Norman and die.

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 01:11 PM
We will just see how well Gram does at night in Norman. People cheering against him, not for him. Tech has to have a mediocre game sooner or later, I think it comes against us. There has only been a handful of BCS teams to go undefeated this decade, Tech will not be one of them.

goodolesooner
11/10/2008, 01:30 PM
We will just see how well Gram does at night in Norman. People cheering against him, not for him.

ohhh man, he's gonna get our crowd at it's best.

He's gonna have 85k breathing down his neck. Sends chills down my spine thinking about it.

soonermeteor
11/10/2008, 03:16 PM
It's a home game, we win. I'm honestly a lot more worried about having to close things out in Stoolwater the following week.

cvsooner
11/10/2008, 03:19 PM
If Harrell gets clobbered on a safety blitz like he did two years ago...and heard footsteps all night after that...I like our chances a lot better.

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 03:22 PM
I think Nic will need a big game. Oh and Travis Lewis will make Harrell his bitch

achiro
11/10/2008, 04:59 PM
Use the same game plan we had in the Big12 CCG last year against Missouri. Let the receivers make the catch, then knock their head off. Pressure Harrell into making mistakes. Use our LB speed to take away the middle passes. And dont ever not know where Norris is lined up.

HAHAHA! I've been saying this since before the Texass game this year. HIT SOMEBODY!!!!!:D

stoopified
11/10/2008, 05:38 PM

I'll give you that one.

Pfffft. Tell that to Texas. And KSU. And LSU. And Boise St. And W. Virginia. We used the same arguments back then that we are using now. We never learn.

The only advantage we really have is home field. Tech's offense, defense, special teams, and coaching are every bit as good as ours. I think OU will win, but only because it is playing at home.First of all NONE of the games you mention were on Owen Field,this one is.Second why do you keep writing:signed Rich Rodrigez?What does the first coach in Michigan in nearly 40 years to have a losing record got to do with this?If you are refencing the Fiesta Bowl last year,the WV coach was Stewart not Rodriguez.Third OU has the better coach,Stoops is 6-2vs. Leach,4-0 in Norman,winning all games by double digits.Fourth OU has the better QB in Sam Bradford.

Debate over.If we lose I will come back to this thread and eat crow,how about you?

hink4769
11/10/2008, 05:48 PM
Stewart Mandel picks the upset
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/11/10/bowl-projections/index.html?eref=T1

No way

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2008, 06:18 PM
First of all NONE of the games you mention were on Owen Field,this one is.

Gee, is that possibly why I wrote "I'll give you that one" when responding to the point about home field advantage?

Second why do you keep writing:signed Rich Rodrigez?What does the first coach in Michigan in nearly 40 years to have a losing record got to do with this?If you are refencing the Fiesta Bowl last year,the WV coach was Stewart not Rodriguez.

Okay, Stewart. Not Rodriguez. Now respond to my assertion that we heard the exact same crap last year and ended up getting whupped all night.

Third OU has the better coach,Stoops is 6-2vs. Leach,4-0 in Norman,winning all games by double digits.

Where they play has nothing to do with coaching. The fact is that Leach has been successful against OU lately, despite having less talent. And I was also talking about coaching, not just the head coach. I see no reason to think that THIS YEAR the Sooners have a better coaching staff than the Red Raiders. They are undefeated; we're not. They beat UT; we didn't.

If you care to argue, which defensive coordinator is better? Which special teams coach is better?

Now, I am not knocking Stoops' staff. At the same time, nothing that has transpired this year so far demonstrates to me that OU has a coaching advantage over Tech. This is respect for Leach's staff, not disrespect for ours.

Fourth OU has the better QB in Sam Bradford.

Based on what? I like Bradford, but Harrell has been pretty impressive too. Which QB is better? We'll maybe find out, but I certainly cannot tell you at this point. Statistically, they are about the same. And Harrell has the distinction of beating UT in the clutch.

Debate over.If we lose I will come back to this thread and eat crow,how about you?

Last year I told everyone that West Virginia was no pushover and their supposed "one-dimensional offense" was something to worry about. I was criticized. Not a soul had the guts to say to me after the game, "Gee, maybe you were right."

In fact, weren't you one of those who shot his mouth off about the Mounaineers' one-dimensional offense last year?

Besides, I think OU will win, but not for the stupid reasons outlined in this thread. I think we match up better and we're playing at home.

tulsaoilerfan
11/10/2008, 10:13 PM
You mean we can do this?? :confused:

We've been lulling Tech into false sense of security all year:D

tulsaoilerfan
11/10/2008, 10:15 PM
We win because we are more talented on offense, and i think we slow them down just enough on defense; i'm saying something along the lines of 62-42

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2008, 10:37 PM
We win because we are more talented on offense, and i think we slow them down just enough on defense; i'm saying something along the lines of 62-42You got it right, tiger. We be jammin' against the FLA Gators in the NC game. Look out, Tebow!!!