PDA

View Full Version : Coaches' Poll 11/9/08

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm
http://i37.tinypic.com/2ahrsl1.jpg

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 12:17 PM
It isn't good that we are ahead of Texas by only 14 votes.

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 12:17 PM
The whole Florida ahead of us thing is starting to get on my nerves.
I know Florida is good, they look scary at times....but I still think they shouldn't have jumped us

Indy Sooner
11/9/2008, 12:22 PM
It isn't good that we are ahead of Texas by only 14 votes.

Wins over Tech and Stoolwater CC will take care of that...

Indy Sooner
11/9/2008, 12:24 PM
I know Florida is good, they look scary at times....but I still think they shouldn't have jumped us

Couldn't agree more. A loss at home vs. an average team should be penalized more than a loss away from home vs. one of the nation's finest.

Oh well, SEC champ vs. Big XII champ (assuming one of the weaklings from the North doesn't pull off the upset in the CCG) ... as it should be.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 12:25 PM
The coaches are using the tried and true formula of punishing the team that lost most recently (PSU to the back of the 1-loss pack). Only the computers have kept OU behind UT which is fair given the schedule, but that goes away once we play TT & OSU. It's "just win baby" time now.

MichiganSooner
11/9/2008, 12:27 PM

I hope so. Who is ahead for Alabama, Florida, Southern Cal, Tech and Texas?

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 12:28 PM
Couldn't agree more. A loss at home vs. an average team should be penalized more than a loss away from home vs. one of the nation's finest.

Oh well, SEC champ vs. Big XII champ (assuming one of the weaklings from the North doesn't pull off the upset in the CCG) ... as it should be.

Exactly

Indy Sooner
11/9/2008, 12:29 PM
The coaches are using the tried and true formula of punishing the team that lost most recently (PSU to the back of the 1-loss pack).

And Mizzou ahead of the Pokes... after losing to them-- at home! The Coaches' poll is a joke.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/9/2008, 12:46 PM
It's nice seeing TCU (even though they lost) being ranked fairly high and Cincy cracking the Top 25.

We have a chance to have two non conference games be conference champions in their leagues.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/9/2008, 12:55 PM

Matters not. WE win out and play the winner of Bama/Fl for the MNC.

boomersooner28
11/9/2008, 01:00 PM
I counted 9 teams ranked below Utah that would kick the crap out of Utah.

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 01:01 PM
Matters not. WE win out and play the winner of Bama/Fl for the MNC.

Yeah I know. But it's just annoying. :D

htownsooner7
11/9/2008, 01:01 PM
gotta get ahead of Texas in the bcs so we can win the conference. It would suck to miss our chance at the conference and national championship because of the polls. Its going to happen to someone.

JLEW1818
11/9/2008, 02:18 PM
Florida is really hot right now, but they still lost to an unranked team at home. It does not add up.

Collier11
11/9/2008, 02:21 PM
Surprised that we are still ahead of UT but if we win out that wont matter, we should stay there

tulsaoilerfan
11/9/2008, 02:53 PM
If Florida beats bama and we win out, i think we will be okay

BoulderSooner79
And Mizzou ahead of the Pokes... after losing to them-- at home! The Coaches' poll is a joke.

There is some logic to punishing the latest loser. The polls try to capture both the most deserving team by complete resume as well as the team that is currently playing the best. Florida is certainly playing better than when they lost to ole Miss and I think we are playing better than when we lost. The Mizzou/OSU game was very close and Daniel choked it, but Mizzou seems have shaken it off. Meanwhile, OSU got *destroyed* last night and gave up sometime in the 3rd quarter. Can't give them credit for that Mizzou win forever.

UTsucks

Disagree........... Florida keeps winning they will not drop. We are not going to get any LUV.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 02:57 PM
Disagree........... Florida keeps winning they will not drop. We are not going to get any LUV.

The claim here is that if we win out, we get to the CCG, not that we will pass Florida. We don't need to pass Florida, we just need to pass Texas to get to Florida (or Bama).

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 02:57 PM

Meanwhile, 2 of OU, Texas Tech, Florida, and Alabama have to lose.

pappy
11/9/2008, 03:20 PM
as long as we win out we'll be in the championship game(s). we'll jump texas in the bcs after we win our next 2 games. then we'll beat whatever crummy team comes out of the north probably missouri and they'll be all excited just to get beat by us again in the ccg. so we win the conference that takes tech and texas out of our way to the bcs championship and florida and alabama will play eachother in the sec championship which will knock one of them off and then we will play whoever wins that game in the national championship.

Collier11
11/9/2008, 03:34 PM
Meanwhile, 2 of OU, Texas Tech, Florida, and Alabama have to lose.

No sh*t sherlock, they all play each other :confused: :D

ousooners182
11/9/2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah people we win were in.

We are ahead in the coaches poll and the Harris, the 2 that matter in the BCS formula. We are a little behind in the computers but we will be even with texas once we play texas tech and osu.

So basically we just have to stay ahead in the coaches and the Harris..and with us already being ahead of them, and with the strength of schedule we have closing out..there's no way we wont.

So Win out and were in!

ousooners182
11/9/2008, 04:20 PM
ok scratch that were now behind texas in the harris but ahead in the coaches.

Once again.

its all about winning out and were in.

so lets focus on tech

Eielson
11/9/2008, 04:30 PM
I counted 9 teams ranked below Utah that would kick the crap out of Utah.

Only 9?

WildBlueSooner
11/9/2008, 04:30 PM
I dont even care about polls anymore...WIN OU...thats all I care about!

MyT Oklahoma
11/9/2008, 04:44 PM
I dont even care about polls anymore...WIN OU...thats all I care about!

Dittos. Just win Sooners.. just win!

tulsaoilerfan
11/9/2008, 05:14 PM
Florida is really hot right now, but they still lost to an unranked team at home. It does not add up.

Come on, u know they play in the best conference in the history of the world, right?

soonermix
11/9/2008, 07:31 PM
and let us not forget Kirk "I have a man crush on Tebow" Herbstreit slobbing all over florida's knob all season

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/9/2008, 11:35 PM
The coaches are using the tried and true formula of punishing the team that lost most recently (PSU to the back of the 1-loss pack). Only the computers have kept OU behind UT which is fair given the schedule, but that goes away once we play TT & OSU. It's "just win baby" time now.Betcha you're right.

JLEW1818
11/9/2008, 11:44 PM
wow just imagine if Florida and USC were undefeated, we would be so ****ed.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2008, 12:54 AM
wow just imagine if Florida and USC were undefeated, we would be so ****ed.Only if we were also undefeated, IMO.

Scott D
11/10/2008, 11:41 AM
The coaches are using the tried and true formula of punishing the team that lost most recently (PSU to the back of the 1-loss pack). Only the computers have kept OU behind UT which is fair given the schedule, but that goes away once we play TT & OSU. It's "just win baby" time now.

except that USC lost before any of the 3 one loss teams ahead of them. The coaches are punishing them for being in a turrible conference, and having close games against everyone not based in the state of Washington.