PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Trophy

StoopTroup
11/9/2008, 09:37 AM
This thing is almost as interesting as the 3-way tie scenario?

Thoughts?

Also...Davey O'Brien award?

yermom
11/9/2008, 09:59 AM
Bradford needs to hit 6 TDs in a game :D

if he keeps up his average and we win the next 2 games, i think it is his

sooner518
11/9/2008, 10:04 AM
If we win out, I think Bradford has a good shot to take it. Remember, Harrell and Crabtree will split alot of votes. I think Colt could still win it though. Mark may had his top 3 as Harrell, Colt, Sam last night. Hopefully this weird obssession with Tebow will be over soon. I'm sick of that guy.

SoonerLB
11/9/2008, 10:15 AM
After yesterday it is Harrell's to lose, and I hope we help him lose it, 'cause Sam will be the man that will take it from him in that case.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2008, 10:20 AM
I don't want no part of that Heisman curse. ;)

fadada1
11/9/2008, 10:23 AM
sign for gameday in 2 weeks:

"Welcome to Norman, where visiting QB's Heisman hopes come to die."

or something to that nature....

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 10:31 AM
I don't want no part of that Heisman curse. ;)

Hopefully this weird obssession with Tebow will be over soon. I'm sick of that guy.

Ehhh, what if Sammy wins the Heisman, and we play FLA and Tim Tebow in the Natl Title.

Yea, I'm gonna go throw up now....:eek:

;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/9/2008, 10:32 AM
Stat wise It is between Harrell and Bradford (assuming a QB wins it) with Harrell having an edge because he is CURRENTLY undefeated. They both have huge yardage, about the same TD and ints. Harrell had a great game yesterday flinging 6 td's, 0 int, and what 450 yards. He should be the front runner at this point in time.

If I can find this info why can't the talking headaches. :rolleyes:

okienole3
11/9/2008, 10:43 AM
I hope the QB of whoever we play in the MNC Game wins it. I guess the most likely scenario would be Tebow. Let Tebow win it and Sam get second, then we can beat them for the MNC.

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/9/2008, 10:55 AM
sign for gameday in 2 weeks:

"Welcome to Norman, where visiting QB's Heisman hopes come to die."

or something to that nature....

I think my sign will be reserved for after the game and at the post game edition of "college gameday".

"BCS: We're in, are you?" I live in West Texas and had to see all those ridiculous billboards that tech posted after the "phantom touchdown" stating the same phrase.

josh09
11/9/2008, 11:31 AM
The only way Sam can beat out Harrell is if we beat tech, i think. And if he continues to play the way he is right now.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 11:38 AM
It's Harrell's to lose... with the game in two weeks, he certainly will. Sammy needs 3 touchdowns to beat Jason White's record in a season and it will be even sweeter against Texas Tech.

I pray for our secondary to step up. I've given up on the kicking team and coverage.

OU-HSV
11/9/2008, 12:15 PM
If we beat tech, that means Sam had a great game...and then if we go into Stoolwater and win, I think Sam gets the Heisman for sure

StoopTroup
11/10/2008, 02:25 PM
You'll love this guy....

By Bruce Feldman, ESPN.com

I have Sam Bradford fifth, although I was tempted to sub in a couple of other players from the same state here (Oklahoma State's Kendall Hunter or Dez Bryant). Bradford's buzz has quieted since Oklahoma lost to Texas, while McCoy and Harrell have grabbed a lot of the spotlight. It's not Bradford's fault. He runs a superb offense that might be the best in the country. He's on pace to throw 45 TDs and just 8 INTs, not bad considering he's spent a lot of second halves on the sideline watching. He's also one of only three QBs who average double figures in yards per pass attempt. Ironically enough, the other two are also QBs from the Sooner State (Tulsa's David Johnson and OSU's Zac Robinson.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index)

http://www.brucefeldman.com/ (http://www.brucefeldman.com/)

http://www.brucefeldman.com/canemutiny_230w.jpg

TexasLidig8r
11/10/2008, 02:54 PM
Regardless.. it should be an All Big XII night in New York for the Heisman presentation...

Colt.

Dark Helmet

Crabtree

Bradford

The Big XII South was just sick this year.

badger
11/10/2008, 02:55 PM
Regardless.. it should be an All Big XII night in New York for the Heisman presentation...

Colt.

Dark Helmet

Crabtree

Bradford

The Big XII South was just sick this year.

I see that you listed your candidates in opposite order of importance. Here's let me list them in order of importance for further clarity:
1. SAM BRADFORD
2. Michael Crabtree
3. Dark Helmet
4. Colt McCou

JohnnyMack
11/10/2008, 03:02 PM
More importantly what about All-Conference selections? Crazy to think that either Bradford, Harrell or McCoy won't even make 2nd team in their own conference but could finish 3rd in the Heisman balloting.

yermom
11/10/2008, 03:05 PM
what happened to Booger? :D

Dan Thompson
11/10/2008, 09:38 PM
I just hope we win the next 4 games:)

yermom
11/10/2008, 09:45 PM
now you are talking

madillsoonerfan5353
11/10/2008, 09:53 PM
I think my sign will be reserved for after the game and at the post game edition of "college gameday".

"BCS: We're in, are you?" I live in West Texas and had to see all those ridiculous billboards that tech posted after the "phantom touchdown" stating the same phrase.

When I was at the MIzzou game in Norman last year, they didn't let you have signs in the post game. Security went nuts on a kid that was in front of me who had a sign!

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 08:28 AM
Well....wasn't that special?

:D

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 10:02 AM
WTF?

The offensive line, the running backs, the defense … heck, it's hard to pinpoint who stood out the most in the Sooners' blowout win over Texas Tech. For his part, Bradford threw for 304 yards and four TDs, as OU now prepares for Oklahoma State next week.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index)

Sam Bradford
14/19
304 yards
16.0 Avg Yards per pass
4 TDs

Yeah our Team is good. So good that Sam didn't have to ring up 100 points on them to prove himself IMO.

Sam should be the guy now IMO.

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/23/2008, 10:26 AM
WTF?

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index)

Sam Bradford
14/19
304 yards
16.0 Avg Yards per pass
4 TDs

Yeah our Team is good. So good that Sam didn't have to ring up 100 points on them to prove himself IMO.

Sam should be the guy now IMO.

agreed.

Charla
11/23/2008, 10:43 AM
I was glad to see Harrel leave his Heisman the same place Booger left his. Norman,Ok. The place where Champions are born to be made.

soonerfan28
11/23/2008, 11:09 AM
So let me get this right Bradford kills Tech with like 74 comp% 4/0 and over 300 yards and they now say that McCoy should be the frontrunner for the Heisman. Do people just hate OU. He also killed Texas for over 400 yard.

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 11:32 AM
So let me get this right Bradford kills Tech with like 74 comp% 4/0 and over 300 yards and they now say that McCoy should be the frontrunner for the Heisman. Do people just hate OU. He also killed Texas for over 400 yard.

Your starting to smell what's cooking.

They don't want a Sophomore to win it IMO.

StoopTroup
11/25/2008, 04:50 PM
Well...they are at least giving him a shot at the Heisman based on our continuing to win out.

Sam now leads by a few points it would seem.

Of course...with voters...it's hard to tell.

TexasLidig8r
11/25/2008, 04:59 PM
Your starting to smell what's cooking.

They don't want a Sophomore to win it IMO.

Oh sweet Jesus.. at least say..

They don't want a sophomore to win it.. for the second straight year.

Besides, everyone knows its a media conspiracy against OU led by those evil liberals at ESPN.

We Love OU
11/25/2008, 05:06 PM
So is it a big conspiracy against Sam because he's young...Is that legal?...Is Colt old enough or is he being age discriminated on too???...Who is a senior and in the race...Just curious???

Boomer...

JLEW1818
11/25/2008, 05:08 PM
Should be interesting.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2008, 05:08 PM
Colt McCoy is definitely his team's MVP and should go to NY. He's got that scrappy little tough guy thing going for him. Sam on the other hand looks like he's walking out there to bring in the trash cans. He never gets rattled. I think the way Sam makes it seem easy may have a negative effect on him. McCoy is like Tebow in that they both play with a bit of frenzy. It makes it seem that they're trying harder. Doesn't mean they are better than Bradford, they just have different styles. 99 out of 100 programs in college football would hurl a tenured Philosophy professor into a volcano to have Sam as their QB.

StoopTroup
11/25/2008, 05:10 PM
On the other hand...Sam's Stats are carrying some weight and hopefully he'll add some numbers to it this week along with another Sooner win.

yermom
11/25/2008, 05:22 PM
the stats only do so much, it's also about hype, personality and highlights

he really needs to tear it up and have an average (for him) day on Saturday

it's going to be harder for him to do that than it will be for Colt this week.

soonermeteor
11/25/2008, 07:02 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach to think Bradford might get edged out by McCoy because he is a sophomore. I'm not going to be able to watch the ceremony...if they pick colt I WILL vomit. Besides the fact that he's from Texas, which is bad enough in itself, I just don't have the same respect for Colt as I do for Sam. The voters must be forgetting his knack at getting "injured" in games he's losing.

StoopTroup
11/25/2008, 07:06 PM
It makes me sick to my stomach to think Bradford might get edged out by McCoy because he is a sophomore. I'm not going to be able to watch the ceremony...if they pick colt I WILL vomit. Besides the fact that he's from Texas, which is bad enough in itself, I just don't have the same respect for Colt as I do for Sam. The voters must be forgetting his knack at getting "injured" in games he's losing.

I'll probably need to buy a new TV. :D

hgarmorer
11/25/2008, 08:16 PM
The craziest part out of all those stats...

WTF?
14/19
304 yards
16.0 Avg Yards per pass
4 TDs

colinreturn
11/25/2008, 08:25 PM
I hope the QB of whoever we play in the MNC Game wins it. I guess the most likely scenario would be Tebow. Let Tebow win it and Sam get second, then we can beat them for the MNC.

likes winke and huepel

Since71ASooner4Life
11/25/2008, 08:36 PM
Colt McCoy is definitely his team's MVP and should go to NY.

Yes he is, but Colt doesn't play for the championship team - the Short horns aren't going to any BCS Championship game, remember? That game is between Oklahoma and Florida.

StoopTroup
11/26/2008, 08:23 PM
Seems I heard somewhere that McCoy says Bradford is just as deserving as he is for the Trophy.

Is Colt trying to politic or is he serious if this is true?

What say you?

Frozen Sooner
11/26/2008, 08:28 PM
I say that most likely as much as we like to make fun of Colt, he's probably a decent kid and recognizes that Sam's having a stellar year.

I imagine if you ask Sam about it, he'd say something along the lines of "Colt won the head-to-head meeting and would totally deserve it."

I really don't think the players have anything like the animosity towards each other that we do.

Of course, contrast that with Ben "A-hole" Rothliesberger openly saying that he deserved the Heisman in 2003 and that Jason White didn't.

A Sooner in Texas
11/26/2008, 08:36 PM
I agree...I think Colt is truly sincere when he says that Sam deserves it - and Sam would also be sincere in saying the same about Colt. Both are great QBs, but perhaps most importantly, great people. I do think Sam is more impressive overall. I won't vomit if Colt wins - though I might vomit from his fans' reaction. Dear God, they'll turn him into another Vince Christ.

cvsooner
11/26/2008, 08:47 PM
the stats only do so much, it's also about hype, personality and highlights

he really needs to tear it up and have an average (for him) day on Saturday

it's going to be harder for him to do that than it will be for Colt this week.

Excatly. Don't know if anyone else saw the story this week about Colt playing this season, having dedicated it to his dead cousin who was a Marine. While that's noble, and I'm sure it's sincere, I'm equally sure Texas' communications office held the story back until now. Just the way these things work.

Man, I'm getting cynical in my old age.

StoopTroup
11/30/2008, 03:55 AM
The Sammy Superman against aggy along with the 370 yards 30/44 4 TDs and 0 Ints vs McCoys 311 yards 23/28 2 TDs and 2 rushing TDs...

Well...it should be interesting to see how it turns out.

CrimsonGuy
11/30/2008, 09:30 AM
Has everyone forgotten that Sam has also rushed for 5 touchdown this year? When ESPN talks about the Hesiman they include the rushing touchdowns for Teabow and McCoy, but they seem to forget Sam's 5 rushing TD's. Sam has accounted for 51 TD"s this year not 46.