PDA

View Full Version : Texas U. to the Cotton?

Indy Sooner
11/9/2008, 01:01 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

And OU to the title game? God, I hope CBS Sportsline is right this time! :texan:

OK2LA
11/9/2008, 01:13 AM
I'm no Don Johnson here, so forgive me for thinking aloud, but is it possible that Oregon State gets the automatic bid (run the table against Cal, AZ, & Oregon) from the Pac-10? They have the tie-breaker against USC.

That would put a 3 loss team in a BCS game. Anyone know if that has happened as of yet?

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/9/2008, 01:14 AM
Poor TCU...having to play an old SWC opponent for their bowl game, in Fort Worth of all places.

At least they'd get a good turnout, but the bowl trip is supposed to be about having a free vacation to some exotic locale, an out-of-the-ordinary opponent, and showcasing your team to different parts of the country.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/9/2008, 01:14 AM
I'm no Don Johnson here, so forgive me for thinking aloud, but is it possible that Oregon State gets the automatic bid (run the table against Cal, AZ, & Oregon) from the Pac-10? They have the tie-breaker against USC.

That would put a 3 loss team in a BCS game. Anyone know if that has happened as of yet?

I'm pretty sure Illinois had three losses when they went to the Rose Bowl last year.

OK2LA
11/9/2008, 01:18 AM
. . . the bowl trip is supposed to be about having a free vacation to some exotic locale, an out-of-the-ordinary opponent, and showcasing your team to different parts of the country.

Yeah. Like El Paso.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/9/2008, 01:22 AM
And Boise, Birmingham, Shreveport, Charlotte, and Albuquerque.

All epic failures as far as bowl sites.

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 01:23 AM

Yep, Oregon State controls their own destiny in the Pac-10.

hink4769
11/9/2008, 01:26 AM
I think 11-1 UT team would get a BCS at large bid over Tech.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 02:02 AM
Oregon was pretty solid all year... and that triple running back formation all running towards the QB was really deceptive except for the fact that you knew that Quizz Rogers was going to get the majority of the snaps... you just didn't know where he was going to poke his head out from between the huge lineman until he was already 5-6 steps ahead of you.

Good to see USC struggling this year... with all that 5-star talent and no clicking offense. Come on... 17-3 against Cal and with a "stolen" touchdown that should have been reviewed? PAC-10 officials at it again.

hgarmorer
11/9/2008, 04:07 AM
Looking that over, I think it's funny to see BYU playing in Sin City.

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 09:32 AM
Heh. :D

Look, they have Boise State playing in the Humanitarin Bowl, which is their home smurf turf....again.....

yermom
11/9/2008, 09:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Illinois had three losses when they went to the Rose Bowl last year.

and KState in 2003

i think Pitt was 8-4 in 2004

LSUdeek
11/9/2008, 09:43 AM
Since when is the Cotton Bowl at 1 PM CST?

StoopTroup
11/9/2008, 09:44 AM
Poor TCU...having to play an old SWC opponent for their bowl game, in Fort Worth of all places.

At least they'd get a good turnout, but the bowl trip is supposed to be about having a free vacation to some exotic locale, an out-of-the-ordinary opponent, and showcasing your team to different parts of the country.

Hey now...stop all of that sarcasm right now Mister!

Both teams could enjoy a night out at Medieval Times, They could challenge each other with some go-kart races...there is plenty of stuff to do. :D

AlbqSooner
11/9/2008, 10:01 AM

Would they get credit for a mission?:D

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 10:27 AM
Hey.

They have West Virginia vs. Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
They have West Virginia vs. Southern Miss in the PapaJohns.com Bowl.

Fix it, you ****ers!!

sooner518
11/9/2008, 10:31 AM
Hey.

They have West Virginia vs. Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
They have West Virginia vs. Southern Miss in the PapaJohns.com Bowl.

Fix it, you ****ers!!

That way, Bammer can claim 2 National Championships this year

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 10:33 AM
That way, Bammer can claim 2 National Championships this year
:confused: :confused:

Explain....that doesn't even make sense via Aggy/Bama logic.... :D

SeattleOUstudent
11/9/2008, 10:47 AM
Since when is the Cotton Bowl at 1 PM CST?

Yeah, they fixed it. Jan 2 at 1PM
http://www.attcottonbowl.com/box_office/tickets.php

instigator
11/9/2008, 11:20 AM
That article fails to even mention thabwe have to go win in Stillwater. I think we can win it, but that's far from a gimme.

StormySooner-IN
11/9/2008, 11:34 AM
They finnaly updated, now Pitt is playing in the Orange Bowl.

However, their poll that asks "Who is the best one loss team in the country" still has TCU as an answer. (Pssssst. TCU has 2 losses)......