PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta Bowl: Sooners vs. USC. . . . .

OUMedMan
11/8/2008, 11:52 PM
Here's how. . . . . .

USC and Oregon State both win out -- that would put the Beavers in the Rose Bowl, since they hold the tiebreaker against SC.

Texas or Texas Tech wind up in the BCS NC (Don't ask me how).

USC would still be eligible to goto a BCS bowl -- and I suspect that the Fiesta would want them.

There are some other interesting possiblities = USC vs. Florida or Alabama in the Sugar, or Oklahoma vs Florida or Alabama in the Sugar.

The Maestro
11/8/2008, 11:59 PM
"HEY, HERE IS HOW OU CAN'T END UP IN THE TITLE GAME! WOO HOO!"

This thread sucks and FAIL!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/9/2008, 12:00 AM
Here's how. . . . . .

USC and Oregon State both win out -- that would put the Beavers in the Rose Bowl, since they hold the tiebreaker against SC.

Texas or Texas Tech wind up in the BCS NC (Don't ask me how).

USC would still be eligible to goto a BCS bowl -- and I suspect that the Fiesta would want them.

There are some other interesting possiblities = USC vs. Florida or Alabama in the Sugar, or Oklahoma vs Florida or Alabama in the Sugar.

I can see USC in the Fiesta but to play OU it means OU wins out which means TT has a late loss and would probably be the 3rd team in 3-way tiebreaker based on BCS.

It would be USC against OU if OU and Texas win out and somehow Texas finishes higher in the BCS.

I think if OU and Texas win out then Texas-USC would meet in the Fiesta Bowl.

OK2LA
11/9/2008, 12:04 AM
"HEY, HERE IS HOW OU CAN'T END UP IN THE TITLE GAME! WOO HOO!"

This thread sucks and FAIL!

Yeah - I'd rather not play the "How can we end up losing to Ball State in the Fiesta Bowl" scenario.

The Maestro
11/9/2008, 12:06 AM
Just don't end up in the Cotton Bowl. Worst. Bowl. Evar.

1. Title game.

2. Fiesta Bowl. My back yard. Yes, yes, yes...I know the last two years.

3. Holiday Bowl. Nice road trip in December.

4. Win the Preseason NIT!