PDA

View Full Version : BCS top 5 predictions....

nativesooner
11/8/2008, 11:50 PM
What do you guys think? I say....

#1 Tech...cuz they blew out a decent Poke State team
#2 Bama...cuz they've been squeaking by and LSU's crappy QB gave them this one...
#3 Texas ...Only because they beat us (though my heart has OU here)
#4 OU....we only lost to Texas whom I believe was ranked at the time...
#5 Florida...cuz they're playing great but Ole Miss at home?! Come on! Though I would have them above USC..

Here's probably what the actual rankings will be after listening to all the media talk this afternoon and evening...

#1 Bama...the media gurus said it was a tough win on the road and they deserve it....Not Tech because they played at home against a team that hadn't won there since 10000 BC
#2 Tech...they can't put them any lower because they won...
#3 Florida...because they play in the SEC! Nevermind all those Big XII teams in the top 10, the media loves them some SEC!!
#4 Texas..because OU can't be above UT because they won against us...or at least that's what I've heard all day...
#5 OU because they only lost to Texas....

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 11:54 PM
1) Bama
2) Tech
3) Texas
4) Florida
5) OU

The Maestro
11/8/2008, 11:58 PM
We are 5...Boomer has it pegged and there is no debate.

Smoke Tech and we vault. Bama/FU takes care of itself.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/9/2008, 12:10 AM
1) Bama
2) Tech
3) Texas
4) Florida
5) OU

I wouldn't be suprised if Florida just edges Texas. Last week Tex, Fla and OU were all pretty close.

Bottom line is USC won't jump us and after we beat TT in 2 weeks we will be #3 behind Bama and Florida.

Okie35
11/9/2008, 12:11 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if Florida just edges Texas. Last week Tex, Fla and OU were all pretty close.

Bottom line is USC won't jump us and after we beat TT in 2 weeks we will be #3 behind Bama and Florida.

yea florida will probably be higher than texas...

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 12:14 AM
1) Bama
2) Tech
3) Texas
4) Florida
5) OU
This. Florida had a small edge over us in the last BCS rankings. It's possible we could pass them this week, but passing Texas this week will mean we got a lot of help from the voters.

Boomer.....
11/9/2008, 12:16 AM
4 Texas .853
5 Florida .827
6 Oklahoma .822

I dont think UF will jump UT. I would say that we have a much higher chance of jumping Florida. Either way it will be the winner of the SEC verses the best team in the Big 12 in the MNC. (I say best team because I think there is an outside chance that if we win out and are a smidge behind Texas but they lose in the CCG, we might go.)

soonergirlNeugene
11/9/2008, 12:21 AM

This. I think there is a good chance Florida jumps Texas this week. Not a sure bet, but a good one. This isn't something we should be worried about, in fact it might actually help us if Texas drops a spot before our games vs Tech and OsU.

westcoast_sooner
11/9/2008, 01:18 AM
1. Bama
2. Tech
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. OU

OU will move up to Number 2 in two weeks after they beat Tech at home.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 02:24 AM
What I see with the polls tomorrow...

1. Bama
2. Tech
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. OU

What should really happen if the pollsters saw the games today...

1. Tech (beating a good OSU team)
2. Bama (for skating by again for the 3rd time this season)
3. Texas (for getting beat by an unbeaten team by a miracle pass/catch/run)
4. OU (for getting beat by the then number 5 team and since then blowing away all other opponents)
5. Florida (playing well... but come on... getting beat by Ole Miss at the Swamp?????)

But pollsters being who they are... they won't change their already chosen favorites out of pride or laziness. The first poll will show up but will correct itself in the next few weeks.

goodolesooner
11/9/2008, 02:34 AM
1. Bama
2. Tech
3. Texas
4. Florida
5. OU

That's what I predict it will be tomorrow.
--------------------------------------------------

My top 5:

1.Tech
2. Bama
3. Texas
4. OU
5. Florida

------------------------------------------------------------------

The simple fact that Herbs has Florida over both Texas and OU is ridiculous.

Tech, to me, has proven to be the best team in the nation. Bama looks good, but very beatable.

Heck, everyone looks beatable, but I'm going by wins and losses and to whom those wins and losses came from.

If I were to simply pick my top 5 the way herbie does it, which is who looks the best right this moment, it'd be:

1. OU
2. Tech
3. Florida
4. Texas
5. USC

Polls are stupid now. A playoff is needed, even Stoops feels this way and he was a staunch supporter of the system we have in place now, and so was I.

TripleOption14
11/9/2008, 09:08 AM
OU will be #5 w/o a doubt. The problem is OU doesn't have any good wins (at least not yet I hope) and it is killing us in the polls.

StoopTroup
11/9/2008, 09:18 AM
OU will be #5 w/o a doubt. The problem is OU doesn't have any good wins (at least not yet I hope) and it is killing us in the polls.

Yeah...

If we could have played Kentucky like Florida did...we could have jumped up in the polls.

Man...I'm getting close to obsessed about that. :D

I can't wait to see how much they jump with that quality Vandy win.

They should probably bump Tech and Bama out of the way. ;)

TripleOption14
11/9/2008, 10:15 AM
But I'm sure they will look at how Vandy started out in the SEC beating some good teams and take that into consideration. Plus its the SEC so...... Just sayin. Its sad but true.

sooner518
11/9/2008, 10:16 AM
Our final 3 games (assuming we make it to the CCG) are against #2 undefeated Tech, #12-16 OSU (whatever they will be ranked) and probably against a #15ish Mizzou team. That should endear us to the computers just fine. We're already ahead of Texas in the coaches poll. Texas on the other hand has their weakest portion of the schedule left and their SOS will be going down by playing Kansas and ATM

Since71ASooner4Life
11/9/2008, 10:33 AM
Considering strength of schedule and margin of victory against quality opponents, although the top 2 are the next to lose in this group.

1) Tech
2) Bama
3) Texas
4) Florida
5) OU