PDA

View Full Version : OU still in the hunt for Big XII & MNC

Jacie
11/8/2008, 11:40 PM
We got what we needed with sand aggies beating lOSUr aggies.

Now the Sooners control their own fate, as does tech.

Texas can only watch and hope that OU beats tech and loses to the sheep lovers.

It didn't hurt that JoePa's team lost, either, though the Big 10 was considered weaker than Big XII and SEC already.

SUC can win out in the Pac 10 and still might not go to the Rose Bowl if Oregon State can win out.

O-State still must beat California, Arizona and Oregon (all three have winning records) but at least they are in control of their destiny, unlike SC which needs them to lose one of those games.

SUC could wind up shut out of the BCS bowls and get that coveted spot in the Holiday Bowl playing, who knows, Texas?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2008, 11:42 PM
Also, Cinci beat WVU.
Damn you TCU.

Sooner_Rog
11/8/2008, 11:43 PM
We might get screwed if we do not just blow TTU, and oSu out... Voters might vote Texas ahead of us...

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 11:44 PM
We might get screwed if we do not just blow TTU, and oSu out... Voters might vote Texas ahead of us...

That wouldn't be us being screwed. Texas did beat us.

Sooner_Rog
11/8/2008, 11:46 PM
We beat tech who beat ut, who played a weaker non con, etc... etc... I am praying for a Kansas upset of Texas... Could happen....

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 11:48 PM
We beat tech who beat ut, who played a weaker non con, etc... etc... I am praying for a Kansas upset of Texas... Could happen....

If we beat TT and OSU I think we do jump Texas, but if we don't I don't think that would be us getting screwed as Texas did beat us, or rather Venables' scheme allowed them to beat us. :D

The Maestro
11/8/2008, 11:49 PM

BINGO. That is why style points are our only hope. Spank their Lubbockian arses and see what happens.

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 11:50 PM
BINGO. That is why style points are our only hope. Spank their Lubbockian arses and see what happens.

Yup.

aurorasooner
11/8/2008, 11:55 PM
Texas can only watch and hope that OU beats tech and loses to the sheep lovers. If we beat Tech but lose to the Pukes, and Texas wins out with Tech beating Baylor, doesn't that leave Tech/Texas tied with one loss in the conference and Tech with the head-to-head Tie-breaker against Texas? Perhaps I'm wrong but if Texas wins out the only way they get to KC is if Tech loses to both us and Baylor or we win out against both Tech and OSucks (supposing that Tech beats Baylor in their last game) for a 3 way tie (Tech/Texas/OU), which puts the South REP in as the highest rated BCS team?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/8/2008, 11:55 PM
We got what we needed with sand aggies beating lOSUr aggies.

Texas can only watch and hope that OU beats tech and loses to the sheep lovers.

It didn't hurt that JoePa's team lost, either, though the Big 10 was considered weaker than Big XII and SEC already.

SUC can win out in the Pac 10 and still might not go to the Rose Bowl if Oregon State can win out.

O-State still must beat California, Arizona and Oregon (all three have winning records) but at least they are in control of their destiny, unlike SC which needs them to lose one of those games.

SUC could wind up shut out of the BCS bowls and get that coveted spot in the Holiday Bowl playing, who knows, Texas?

That would be huge irony for USC. USC would probably get in ahead of the SEC championship game loser though as an at-large. Maybe the Fiesta. If Texas wins out they will be no worse than the Fiesta, ditto OU. For TT I think it is NC game for winning out or else they go to the Cotton or Holiday Bowl.

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 12:20 AM

I don't think controlling your own fate means what you think it means. Even if we win out, our fate is in the hands of some people who watch voters and some computers. Tech can win out and not have to rely on the BCS.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2008, 01:41 AM
I don't think controlling your own fate means what you think it means. Even if we win out, our fate is in the hands of some people who watch voters and some computers. Tech can win out and not have to rely on the BCS.

Yep, we need that magic 3-way tie since UT beat us. And UT needs that 3-way tie since Tech beat them. Only Tech controls their fate.

If we do get that tie, history would be on the side of OU as the computer score would even out and the OU loss to UT came the earliest. No guarantees though.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 01:48 AM
What we need are wins against Texas Tech and Oklahoma State and with style for the extra poll ratings. The BCS computers will take care of the rest and that should be good enough for the Big 12 Championship. The rest (national championship) will be an added bonus... but beating Texas Tech handily should be our next and only goal.

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2008, 12:05 PM

That would be Tech being screwed. After all, in the three-way tie, why should Texas be given the nod over Tech?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/9/2008, 12:10 PM

And Tech beat Texas. And Oklahoma beat Tech. And Texas beat Oklahoma.

Yes, it's being screwed, because we played the toughest non conference, and will have the longest winning streak.

MojoRisen
11/9/2008, 12:37 PM
Look we are ahead of Texas the last 2 Coaches Polls - we have a much tougher schedule ahead of us...

No way Texas stays above us if we win out....

I kind of want to hit Herbstreet in the mouth - he keeps flaunting Texas over us and is all over Florida's Jock.... He is dogging us for sure...