11/8/2008, 11:33 PM
We will be ahead of texas..

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2008, 11:36 PM
...Brent Venables will keep his job :cool:

Bosley
11/8/2008, 11:37 PM

At this point, keeping texas out is almost as important to me as getting OU in.

Something I also think is interesting is if OU keeps rolling we may have a heisman trophy winning QB this season too.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/8/2008, 11:44 PM
At this point, keeping texas out is almost as important to me as getting OU in.

That's Aggy talk!!! :mad:

Something I also think is interesting is if OU keeps rolling we may have a heisman trophy winning QB this season too.

Something I haven't heard mentioned on this board at all...the MNC very well could end up Heisman vs. Heisman. If Florida beats Alabama in the SEC Championship (not out of the realm of possibility, given how hot the Gators are right now), you could have last year's winner paired up with this year's winner, who in all likelihood will be the last Big 12 South QB standing.

Piware
11/9/2008, 12:12 AM
I just don't want us to play in the F%$@*^& Fiesta Bowl again.

yermom
11/9/2008, 12:33 AM

more and more i'm not sure about this

why would the human voters put us above Texas?

the computers might like us, but i'm not sold on the pollsters putting us above Texas just for beating Tech

it's very possible we need Texas to lose again

i feel a bit better about the game in Stillwater now though

tommieharris91
11/9/2008, 12:40 AM

the computers might like us, but i'm not sold on the pollsters putting us above Texas just for beating Tech

The comps have Texas over us by a pretty wide margin. The pollsters think we are better than Texas right now.

jwlynn64
11/9/2008, 12:46 AM
SOS is the difference in the computers right now. By the end of the season, we should match up with Texas pretty well. TCU and Missouri should be pretty close and we pretty much played the same opponents other than that.

OK2LA
11/9/2008, 12:56 AM
I just don't want us to play in the F%$@*^& Fiesta Bowl again.

We're going to have to exorcise that demon at some point

westcoast_sooner
11/9/2008, 01:10 AM
We win out during the regular season, we SHOULD get to the conf championship game - against likely Mizzou. Mizzou is not without weapons, but we did beat them twice last year.

Win that, and with our last two regular season wins, coupled with a UF/Bama SEC Championship (either way we should move up), PSU's loss today and a weak Pac-10, I think we'll be in good shape to get to the BCS Championship game. If we miss out - well, it will still have been a GREAT season.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/9/2008, 01:32 AM
If we miss out - well, it will still have been a GREAT season.

I see a lot of parallels to 1971 with this season. Hugely prolific, fairly new, kind of gimmicky offense that nobody can stop, that we've pretty much perfected ('Bone in '71, no-huddle spread in '00s). One loss in a great, classic game to our biggest rival, the eventual national champion (provided the tie-breaker doesn't land our way, Texas wins the CCG, and likely the MNC).

Bottom line is, there's no shame associated with the 1971 season, and as long as we take care of business and not get caught up in media hype, things we can't control, and our recent bowl struggles, there will be no shame associated with 2008 either.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 02:14 AM
All depends on how Brian Orakpo is doing as Texas' defensive end. He got hurt in the Texas Tech game... if he's out, Kansas may have a chance keeping up with the Horns and pull the upset next week.

If we win out... would love to see us jump over Texas to catch the tie-breaker and send us to the Big 12 Title game again (like in 2006... Go Paul Thompson!!!).

But I agree... Fiesta Bowl again! Embarrassed by a non-BCS team? Have 5 starters out due to injury or stealing a coat?

Don't know if I could handle that again. Although revenge against a mediocre Boise State team does appeal to me which we could do with a much better offense.

Can someone guarantee me a win?

snp
11/9/2008, 02:32 AM
SOS is the difference in the computers right now. By the end of the season, we should match up with Texas pretty well. TCU and Missouri should be pretty close and we pretty much played the same opponents other than that.

Missouri was one spot behind TCU before TCU's loss. Cincinnati is performing well but what is going to hurt us is UT-C and Washington.

Our OOC opponets are 17-20 right now while Texas opponents are 19-19. We just need to make up a few spots in the computers, which we will if we beat Tech and OSU.

All depends on how Brian Orakpo is doing as Texas' defensive end. He got hurt in the Texas Tech game... if he's out, Kansas may have a chance keeping up with the Horns and pull the upset next week.

I'll have what he's smoking. Orakpo is awesome but Texas can beat Kansas by 20 without him.

Harry Beanbag
11/9/2008, 03:28 AM

OU is already ahead of Texas in both human polls, Harris and Coaches. We just need the computers to catch up, which they will once we play OSU and Tech, assuming wins of course.

yermom
11/9/2008, 09:28 AM
ok, after looking at it, assuming the pollsters don't shaft us and decide that we shouldn't get in over Texas

the computers should be pretty similar after we play Tech and the Pokes

ruf/nekdad
11/9/2008, 09:38 AM
Can someone guarantee me a win?

Money back guarantee, minus the S&H. But hold on! Act now and I'll guarantee two for the price of one. And if they are not the best wins you've ever seen just send em back and I'll double your money back.

StoopTroup
11/9/2008, 09:40 AM
ok, after looking at it, assuming the pollsters don't shaft us and decide that we shouldn't get in over Texas

the computers should be pretty similar after we play Tech and the Pokes

Vandy is a huge quality win...we're probably screwed.

MiccoMacey
11/9/2008, 09:43 AM
And Tech has to win it's last game as well (I think it's Baylor).

If they lose, we're back to a 2 team tie-breaker.

achiro
11/9/2008, 10:20 AM
I know all the scenerios but the big IF is that we win out. Tech looked hella good last night and we play OSUcks at home!:(