PDA

View Full Version : Good Times

Octavian
11/8/2008, 10:00 PM
OU has just put 60+ points on Nebraska and Texas A&M. That's not easy to do...those are big name conference opponents. We just scored the most points against the aggies at Kyle Field in their program's entire history. That's satisfying.

Yeah, we lost Texas. But in a 5 or 7 game series...who would you put your $ on??

No, the defense isn't an elite Stoops/Venables unit...but injuries have muddied the waters and they're doing the best they can. The D has progressively been better. The special teams are, well...special. Kicking off is a new adventure each time, but the good news is....

we're kicking off 10 times a game -- the offense is absolutely sick. Bradford's Sooners are putting up points like Bud's mid-50 squads or Switzer's early Wishbone teams. It's really that good.

OU might not win the NC this year -- may not even get to the game. But this is the tenth year of Bob's tenure and its just more of the same: wins, wins, and more wins. Another Stoops team in the hunt for another national title -- still w/ a chance to 3-peat as conference champs. The envy of the region...it's a great time to be a Sooner fan.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 10:02 PM
Preach on!

Collier11
11/8/2008, 10:05 PM
Barring a comeback by the stilly boys, we will be playing for 3 straight conf titles and a likely spot in the natl title game if we win out. That is all you can ask for with 2 games to go in the season

Sooner_Rog
11/8/2008, 10:09 PM
I wish I lived somewhere that appriciates OU, or at least college football. A promotion may be in my near future and will take me back to Big XII country.

I have lived in Pac 10 land for the last 8 years and it sux seriously...

Good times, just be better hanging out with fellow fans...

Collier11
11/8/2008, 10:13 PM
Do yourself a favor and move out of that ****hole known as the west coast.

Sooner_Rog
11/8/2008, 10:16 PM
Do yourself a favor and move out of that ****hole known as the west coast.

The bright side is that I live and work in Yosemite. Keeps your mind occupied with Gods creation..

OUWxGuesser
11/8/2008, 10:21 PM
Could be worse... wearing shorthorn gear is considered in style in ND. We need an OU title so they can start stocking OU gear in the local stores again ;)

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 10:21 PM
The bright side is that I live and work in Yosemite. Keeps your mind occupied with Gods creation..

Obama lives in Yosemite? :D

BrockLanders
11/8/2008, 10:28 PM
Agreed. We are in a great place as an offense. We really cant be stopped. Our D is coming around. After a step forwad in the last few weeks, the ST's took a few steps back today. Our kick off and FGs are chit. Hopefully we can get it together. Looking forward to Tech.

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 10:30 PM
ST's...

Don't lump me in with that bunch. ;)

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 10:31 PM
ST's...

Don't lump me in with that bunch. ;)

Maybe you can be our new ST's coach? ;)

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 10:43 PM
Maybe you can be our new ST's coach? ;)

I just need a contract.

Bring it!

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 10:45 PM
I just need a contract.

Bring it!

Heh, I can't even get Venables fired, how am I gonna get you hired? :D

Collier11
11/8/2008, 10:48 PM
You dont know anything about football, how would you know anything about the work world?

;)

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 10:53 PM
I know how to choke a bitch though.

I think Bob just needs someone to help with attitude adjustments. :D ;)