PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else not impressed w/ Bama?

auto
11/8/2008, 08:08 PM
I mean, just not getting, think Florida is better.

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 08:14 PM
That issue will be settled on Dec. 6.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 08:17 PM
Florida is a much more impressive looking team but Bama has been scrapping their way through the schedule though. Like Sabanball said, we will see in the SEC CCG.

hink4769
11/8/2008, 08:28 PM
They keep winning games in a conference that is usually pretty tough (although I would say is down this year). You have to give them credit for that.

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 08:39 PM
The SEC is definitely down this year. And frankly, if I had a vote, I would not rank us no. 1 right now. But....IF we win out, and beat UF in Atlanta, I think we deserve to be in the title game. That's why I'm not worried about rankings--as long as we continue to win, no matter how ugly it might be, the rankings will take care of themselves. We followed that same formula back in 1992 and we won a NC.

Soonermagik
11/8/2008, 08:40 PM
I think they will have a tough time with Florida. However, if they get past Florida I think they will win it all.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 08:43 PM
The SEC is definitely down this year. And frankly, if I had a vote, I would not rank us no. 1 right now. But....IF we win out, and beat UF in Atlanta, I think we deserve to be in the title game. That's why I'm not worried about rankings--as long as we continue to win, no matter how ugly it might be, the rankings will take care of themselves. We followed that same formula back in 1992 and we won a NC.

Absolutely agree.

A 1 loss SEC team and Big 12 team will meet in the MNC.

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 08:46 PM
Absolutely agree.

A 1 loss SEC team and Big 12 team will meet in the MNC.

I'm glad you and others are selling us short against Florida. I predict we'll be about a 3pt underdog. That's good. We play better as an underdog and all the pressure will be on Florida.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 08:49 PM
I'm glad you and others are selling us short against Florida. I predict we'll be about a 3pt underdog. That's good. We play better as an underdog and all the pressure will be on Florida.

I didn't mean to doubt you guys. I was meaning either an unbeaten or 1 loss SEC team.

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 09:00 PM
I didn't mean to doubt you guys. I was meaning either an unbeaten or 1 loss SEC team.

I hear ya...:) . But I think the mere existence of this thread shows there's a lot of folks that don't think we're very good. All i am saying is that's ok--nobody thought we were any good in 1992 and that Miami was gonna wipe the floor with us. We all know what happened....

effay
11/8/2008, 09:02 PM
Jarrett Lee has to be one of the worst QBs I've ever seen in my life. How on Earth did Les Miles not bench him? There is no way they don't have someone on their team that's better than him. Shame on you Les Miles.

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 09:19 PM
Jarrett Lee has to be one of the worst QBs I've ever seen in my life. How on Earth did Les Miles not bench him? There is no way they don't have someone on their team that's better than him. Shame on you Les Miles.

Ryan Perriloux was given the boot.

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 09:52 PM
Ryan Perriloux was given the boot.

Ryan is playing at Jacksonville State here in N. Alabama. The joke around here is he's the best qb in the state...

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 09:54 PM
Ryan is playing at Jacksonville State here in N. Alabama. The joke around here is he's the best qb in the state...

I'd say that's not a joke, but more likely the truth.

Sooner1979
11/8/2008, 10:47 PM
I am not impressed with Bama at all...They are probably going to lose to Florida, because lets face it, they almost lost to LSU...And they suck this year...Even for the SEC's sucking standards...The SEC is not as good as it use to be...They do not play any true non-conferences opponenets in the SEC, so it comes down to finding out how good they are by the way they play each other...So one crappy SEC team beats a decent SEC team, and all of a suddent there is the talk about how the SEC is so damn good that they beat up on each other week in and week out. Well that is Bullturd...Maybe it is the other way around...Maybe since the SEC doesnt play any good non-comference opponents, well that may mean that we cant guage how good their style of play is...

So in summary, Bama maybe isn't as good as we are giving them credit for, and probably same for Florida and I guess that is it for the SEC...

Oh and One more thing, If Bama ends up losing to Florida in the SEC Championship game, and lets say Florida loses to Florida State just prior, so they have 2 losses going into the SEC champ game, and then say Florida beats Bama, then things will be interesting...

One way or the other, Bama fans around the country will be claiming their 29th National Championship this year...

*Warning*: This post was written while moderately intoxicated, but without prejudice to any one conference...

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 10:50 PM
The SEC blows this year.

Florida just pisses me off right now.

hink4769
11/8/2008, 10:52 PM
The SEC blows this year.

I think the big 12 is the only good conference this year. And it even has an entire division thats awful

OU_Sooners75
11/8/2008, 10:52 PM
I am not impressed with Bama at all...They are probably going to lose to Florida, because lets face it, they almost lost to LSU...And they suck this year...Even for the SEC's sucking standards...The SEC is not as good as it use to be...

I suppose Tech is going to get blasted and lose to OU, since Nebraska took Tech to overtime, right?

Ignorance is bliss.

OUinFLA
11/8/2008, 10:59 PM
Is anyone else not impressed w/ Bama?

I say give the man a chance, he just got elected this week and hasn't even been sworn into office yet.

oh, wait. Is this the SO?

soonergirlNeugene
11/8/2008, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to discredit the SEC. Last year they were on top of the world. Things usually don't sour so quickly. However, our conference has taken great strides forward this season. It would be really interesting to see how we match up with the best of the SEC. I respect Florida and I respect 'Bama. A Big12 champ/SEC champ NCG wouldn't have any team that didn't deserve its spot. Thank goodness Penn State lost!

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 11:07 PM
The SEC blows this year.

Florida is very impressive to me. Yes they lost to a bad Ole Miss team but they are hella quick. If I had a choice, I would play anyone but Florida and USC in the MNC.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2008, 11:08 PM
Florida is very impressive to me. Yes they lost to a bad Ole Miss team but they are hella quick. If I had a choice, I would play anyone but Florida and USC in the MNC.

Are you watching USC right now vs Cal?

Not impressed. Whatsoever.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 11:13 PM
Are you watching USC right now vs Cal?

Not impressed. Whatsoever.

Yeah, but I guess the earlier games they had scared me. Their defense has been great, but it has been against weak Pac-10 opponents. I guess we will not know because of the weak Pac-10 and Big 11.

Sooner1979
11/8/2008, 11:23 PM
I suppose Tech is going to get blasted and lose to OU, since Nebraska took Tech to overtime, right?

Ignorance is bliss.

You obviously did not see my footnote warning: Besides, I was only talking about Bama and Florida...OU and Tech never came into the discussion...

But yes, I think that since Tech has to travel to OU this year, and OU has an okay team this year...- yes that is sarcasm...I do believe that OU has a very, very good chance of beating Tech...We will see though...

My Prediction for the OU / Tech Game: OU-49 v Tech-40...
It is only MY prediction...

SelmaBamaFan
11/10/2008, 11:50 AM
Interesting thread, and great comments from everyone. I am interested in seeing how we match up against Florida, because to be honest I think we match up better against them than we do LSU.

Why? Because Florida is a finesse team, LSU is not. We have a pretty good track record against finesse teams this year. We come out and punch them in the mouth and they dont know how to react. LSU, on the other hand, plays the exact same style of football we do. They are just as physical as we are. They just have a QB that cant play very well.

You can also expect our offense to have a tough time against Auburn. Why? Because just like LSU their defense matches up well against us. They are pretty physical at the point of attack, and we just arent the type of team that can open it up against them. We tried that against LSU and it failed miserably.

When teams force us away from the run, we are a totally different team. Fortunately only one team has done that to us this year. Also, I dont think Florida will be able to do such a thing.

On the other hand, Florida's offense does cause me some concern, mainly because of the running threat of Tebow. That dual threat alone could cause our defense fits.

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2008, 11:53 AM
I think OU fans wanting to play Bama for the MNC should be careful what they wish for.

ashley
11/10/2008, 03:12 PM
A friend said it, and I put it on another thread that, watching Bama and LSU was like watching old people****.

SelmaBamaFan
11/10/2008, 04:33 PM
You watch old people ****?

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 04:45 PM

ZING!!! :D

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 04:52 PM
I'd rather play Bama than Florida.

NormanPride
11/10/2008, 04:55 PM

Who doesn't?!

Iam4OUru
11/10/2008, 05:47 PM

Everybody is so eager to blame all this on Jarrett Lee. He is not the problem here. LSU just needs to do a better job of tacklin' the safety when he intercepts a pass.

Seriously, with all the emotion surrounding Saban's return to Tiger Stadium, I honestly thought LSU would win the game. It is beyond me why Lester didn't pull Lee for the Jefferson kid. They wouldn't have been any worse off with Herman Johnson at qb. I am not at all impressed with Bammer and haven't been at any point this year. Their win over UGA in Athens was most impressive at the time but, as it turned out, UGA isn't that impressive, either. Bammer is still reaping benefits from their win against the most overrated team in BCS history, the Clemson Tigers. Florida will lite up the scoreboard in Atlanta. :hot:

CrimsonBlitz
11/22/2008, 01:45 PM
I can't remember how many times I've heard that "Bama can't beat XXXXXXX. They score too many points, and Bama's conservative offense can't hang with them".

Florida is playing better than anybody in the country right now. But the only team they've played that has a tremendously physical and talented D-line beat them. The Ole Miss game was not a fluke in the sense that Ole Miss has talent, and sometimes Nutt shows up to coach them.

Bama makes teams pay for rushing yards. You can only get them up up the middle, and there the war of attrition begins. The flip side is also true. Bama runs straight at you. By the third and fourth quarter Bama usually has the passing game opened up, because you have to put at least seven in the box on every play.

The SECCG will be the perfect storm of competing offensive and defensive philosophies.

BillyBall
11/22/2008, 01:49 PM
We followed that same formula back in (insert year) and we won a NC.

Fixed for you there...