PDA

View Full Version : i am officially on the playoff bandwagon....

soonervegas
11/8/2008, 06:02 PM
If Penn State makes it to the BCS national championship game. They would go 8-4 in the big 12 or SEC

I have been a strong defender of traditional bowls, but that scenario would put me over the edge.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 06:14 PM
Just now on it?

sooner2b09
11/8/2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Stitch Face
11/8/2008, 07:28 PM
Everybody run off before Leroy gets here!

olevetonahill
11/8/2008, 07:29 PM
Kinda Slow aint Ya Boy ?

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 07:44 PM
If Penn State makes it to the BCS national championship game. They would go 8-4 in the big 12 or SEC

I have been a strong defender of traditional bowls, but that scenario would put me over the edge.

Folks like you that start playoff talk before the season is over might be a good reason it continues to get very little strength.

There's going to need to be more than one season for it to gain momentum. At least two more if not three seasons in a row with some very disputable results will need to take place before the NCAA decides to try something different.

Of course Prez Obama might just get a law passed too. ;)

What makes all of this really great IMO...is that it isn't clear right now how it will turnout. I like this more than knowing it was decided 4 weeks ago that your team got screwed by being put in some bracket because another team lost a game to get into a different bracket.

The Win it all and have a MNC is still the way to go for me.

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 07:46 PM
I'm not gonna argue the point, because I got sick of it last year, but playoffs wouldn't be any better then the current system, they'd just be different.

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 07:51 PM
I'm not gonna argue the point, because I got sick of it last year, but playoffs wouldn't be any better then the current system, they'd just be different.

So true CB.

I've heard every scenario for a playoff and have never seen one that didn't have folks just pummel it with holes.

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2008, 12:35 AM
We have a play-off. A two team play-off. I think we should expand it two 4 teams.

hink4769
11/9/2008, 12:38 AM
We have a play-off. A two team play-off. I think we should expand it two 4 teams.

I agree, at least then you avoid the 3 undeafeated teams scenario. Anything bigger than 4 would somewhat devalue the regular season in my opinion.

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2008, 12:41 AM
And we don't have to add any more games, or change the bowl set-up. Just 2 teams play one more game. I think it works out perfectly.