PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones

auto
11/8/2008, 06:02 PM
Man, I wish we would have grabbed that, he's having a great year.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 06:15 PM
He would have been a great get, but you could put just about anyone wr in our offensive system and they would succeed.

The Maestro
11/8/2008, 07:44 PM
He is a total bad ***. Bama's best player as a true frosh!

Sabanball
11/8/2008, 07:49 PM
He's definitely a gamer. Who knows, maybe we will finally have a heisman winner....:)

salth2o
11/8/2008, 09:05 PM
He is a stud!

jkjsooner
11/8/2008, 09:19 PM
He's definitely a gamer. Who knows, maybe we will finally have a heisman winner....:)

Wait, why do the 'Bama fans I know always act like you are bigger than that

I feel sorry for all the guys who may have had a chance but some idiots in Alabama were too insecure to allow a guy some individual attention.

I understand the team first attitude and Bryant not wanting too much individual attention but the world has changed since then. To win the Heisman you need a little bit of publicity. I wonder how many Bama players might have had a chance if the old geezers at 'Bama would have woken up to the late 20th century, put a little pride aside, and actually ran a Heisman campaign.

nytehorn
11/8/2008, 10:06 PM
He is like Crabtree and Peterson, NFL ready as a freshman. I cannot think of maybe 2 or 3 others that way in the last 20 yeras.

Boomer.....
11/8/2008, 10:09 PM
Tommy Harris also.

But you are right.

tidalmouse
11/8/2008, 10:13 PM
I don't think that's been the Attitude for quite a while.Bryant said that about Team First but these was alot of publicity in 71' fo Johnnie Musso when Pat Sullivan won it.The Old Guard is losing it's Grip on Bama FootBall,and it's about time.It's Fun joining the 2100 Century. :)

Partial Qualifier
11/9/2008, 09:55 AM

Why?? It's a curse. A ridiculous popularity contest. A pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung -- figuratively speaking.

ratedrsuperstar
11/9/2008, 10:03 AM

If he doesn't win it this year or next year, he won't because he is gonna go get paid !

sooner518
11/9/2008, 10:12 AM
That was the first game I've really seen Jones play and I was impressed. His route running seems really sharp (reminded me of Crabtree later in the night) and he is so strong after the catch. Too bad he has to catch balls from John Parker Wilson and not a good QB like Sam :D

TripleOption14
11/9/2008, 10:22 AM
Just for sh!ts and giggles say we did land him. Would he not be a redshirt this year. I mean who's spot would he take in the rotation???

okienole3
11/9/2008, 10:41 AM
Just for sh!ts and giggles say we did land him. Would he not be a redshirt this year. I mean who's spot would he take in the rotation???

Well....considering neither Owens nor Miller redshirted. I see no reason why Julio would have. He would have at least taken some snaps from Chaney and Tennell.

Rogue
11/9/2008, 12:23 PM
He's been a stud from game 1.
Julio Jones, Crabtree, and Maclin are 3 of the best I've seen outside of Norman, OK and SUC in a long time. Srsly.

Sabanball
11/9/2008, 12:49 PM
He kinda reminds me of Randy Moss back in his prime in a lot of ways(they are the exact same size). He's definitely on track to rewrite all of our receiving records. Now if we can only get Reuben Randel to come to Tuscaloosa, there will be NO ONE that will be able to stack 8 men in the box on our O.

OK2LA
11/9/2008, 12:55 PM
If he doesn't win it this year or next year, he won't because he is gonna go get paid !

The Heisman bus is already filled up. No room for him in NY this year.

Curly Bill
11/9/2008, 12:57 PM

Probably whoever's he wanted to. ;)

SelmaBamaFan
11/10/2008, 11:30 AM
The scary thing is he should get a lot better. Most freshman improve the most between their first and second years. He still seems a bit raw to me to be honest, which is to be expected playing as a true freshman. Having said that he looks 100x more polished now compared to his first game, but he still could use some more in my opinion.

BuckyB
11/10/2008, 11:41 AM
In my opinion he may be the the best weapon in college football since AD.