PDA

View Full Version : OU vs. Cameron

SoonerObsession
11/8/2008, 04:43 PM
My wife and I went to the game today. I think Willie Warren is starting to feel more comfortable. You can tell that when he has a chance to really show off, he has the maturity to just make a basket. Today he had a fast break situation where he was way ahead of any defender and just layed the basketball off the backboard. I don't know if Capel has instructed him to be careful, or if Willie didn't feel the need to attack the rim. He had one behind the back pass that was very sweet. The only thing that I saw from him that I did not like was when he was asking to go to the bench 5 minutes into the game. I might need replaced after 5 minutes, but a shooting guard should be in better condition than that in my opinion. The Griffin brothers looked great and Cade Davis really started to shoot well the second half of the game. Capel allowed a lot of bench to enter the game pretty early and they got some good minutes. The defense was suffocating and Cameron's players struggled to get the ball to the rim most possessions. Overall, the defense outshined the offense, but that was kind of expected against a team like the Cameron Aggies.

SoonerTroll
11/8/2008, 05:22 PM
I was at the game and thought the team looked pretty good. Of course you have to take into account the caliber of the opponent, but the team looks fast and big. Blake is going to be a dominant force and willie will be able to help from almost anywhere on the court. I can't wait for some better opponents.

OUSKINS
11/8/2008, 08:04 PM
I was there as well, and in those types of situations, you simply can't judge "outcomes." All I look for is athleticism, etc... This is clearly the most "talented" Sooner team since the Tubbs era..... that isn't going overboard and it's not discrediting KS's various teams--- but in terms of pure talent, this team is on another level.

I'll save any "real" analysis for the games that start on Friday night, but I can tell you this....as TO would say, "Get your popcorn ready" folks.

Now, it's up to US to make sure the LNC stays packed all season.

oumartin
11/10/2008, 07:27 AM
Is this team better than the one with Ace, quannis, and Hollis?
That was the best team in the country that year minus the 40 minutes OU let Indiana outplay them

OUSKINS
11/10/2008, 07:53 AM
Is this team better than the one with Ace, quannis, and Hollis?
That was the best team in the country that year minus the 40 minutes OU let Indiana outplay them

Better? We'll see. More talented? Yes.

OU SoonerMax
11/10/2008, 02:20 PM
Made it to the game Saturday. One thing I am amazed at is the depth they have. It's like they have 2 or 3 times as many players as last year. I am excited about how well Capel is recruiting. Is there any news on which players might be getting redshirts?

sooner518
11/11/2008, 07:35 PM
It looks like Cade Davis is really developing into a sharpshooter from 3 point range, something we have sorely missed for a long time.

SoonerTroll
11/11/2008, 11:41 PM
Ya Cade looks greatly improved. I can't wait for that USC game coming up, I hope we can get a packed house