PDA

View Full Version : I'll Join former Gov. David Walters in asking, WTF is wrong with Oklahoma?

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:01 PM
http://okstonewall.org/forums/index.php?topic=3090.msg4181#msg4181

http://www.nndb.com/people/207/000119847/david-walters-1.jpg

November 07, 2008

What's the Matter with Oklahoma?

I waited three days in the hopes that my fuming at Oklahoma’s counter performance to the collective heave ho that the rest of the nation gave to the Republicans would subside.

It has not.

Amending the title of Thomas Franks’ insightful book about how conservatives won the heart of Kansas … “What’s the Matter with Oklahoma?” Did we really just do this?
We’re the winner of the national championship for the highest McCain/Palin margin at 65.6 percent; the only state where Republicans gained ground in the state house, senate and statewide offices; and the only state in which McCain/Palin carried every county.

Not one of our 77 counties went democratic, not a single blue dot (see chart). Sen. Obama polled 10.8 percent in Beaver County. This was not out of 100 votes where percentages are easily distorted, but out of 2,462 votes cast.

Now you are thinking that we cannot expect much progressive thought out of a county best known for its cow-chip throwing contest (two tries if you lick your fingers after the first). But I have been to Beaver county and met good people and don’t understand how 89.2% decided Sarah Palin should be vice president of the United States.

It’s not just our friends in Beaver scouring the landscape for aerodynamic cow patties. Twenty-one counties fell below 25 percent for Obama and 39 counties, more than half of the 77, fell below 30 percent.

The top bastion of democratic performance? Cherokee county, where they used to spray for Republicans, held McCain/Palin to “only” 56.percent. The heart of our most democratic county only allowed Obama to get within 12.2 percent of a single county victory. Howard Dean called me as I was looking at these numbers. He wanted to say, “thank you” … for what I have no earthly idea.

I unloaded about our local results, but Howard didn’t take the bait. His politically correct language has been finely honed from thousands of scathing attacks on each of his utterances. He opined that the economy is much better in Oklahoma than most states and that many other states have a sizable portion of their population that would normally be concerned about leaders who are “different” than they are. But in those states the economy and the need for change overwhelmed their normal reticence to select someone “unlike” them.

Man that guy can talk.

While I am fuming, foaming, uttering and mumbling obscenities, he sounds like he just graduated from The Obama School of Cool. So should we do anything?
Of course we should. Not just for competitive partisan reasons, but because it’s not good for Oklahoma to run so counter.

One national media service recently said based on the polls, the future of the Republican Party lies with “old white people and hayseed states.” I don’t believe that, but much of the nation does and we don’t need to be in that category.

Another pundit said that to understand the current Republican Party one has to “understand the unique culture and politics of Appalachia.”

Are you kidding me? Hayseed states and Appalachia! Call your local chamber and ask them if they think this is somehow good for us.

From a national image it’s a disaster. From a local basis can you imagine how this emboldens republicans in the state house, now firmly in control of the legislature. Do you think we are going to hear much about education, health care and jobs -- or are we simply going to get a double dose of Guns, God, and Gays?

Gun sales in Oklahoma skyrocketed immediately prior to the election and particularly afterwards. The vast majority of these Oklahoma voters really believe that Obama -- in addition to not being a Christian, being affiliated with terrorists and intent on doubling our taxes -- is also going to take their guns!
What was that comment during the campaign about clinging? So what do we do?

Before we start shouting and stepping all over each other like the national Republicans, we should first calmly talk about process. How do we determine what are the highest contributing factors to this unusual trend in Oklahoma. Let’s assume that we can identify with polling and focus groups the top 20 contributing factors, and then perhaps we can identify that half of these we cannot do anything about … but a plan to address the other half may have merit. I have lots of ideas … but I really have to cool off first.

Posted by David Walters

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:05 PM
Was he the governor that was ran out of office because he was so corrupt?

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:06 PM
Was he the governor that was ran out of office because he was so corrupt?

Oh, I see you finished burying those new guns already. :rolleyes:

XFollower
11/7/2008, 11:07 PM
I'm proud to be conservative, and always will be. Thank you Oklahoma.

Skysooner
11/7/2008, 11:07 PM
Jerk, along with Tuba and 85Sooner just don't get it.

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:08 PM
Oh, I see you finished burying those new guns already. :rolleyes:

No, they're currently "on our streets", shooting innocent women and school buses full of children.

StormySooner-IN
11/7/2008, 11:08 PM
I told my parents about this, and they agreed we need to move down there.

People seem to have a clue down there. :D ;)

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:10 PM
No, they're currently "on our streets", shooting innocent women and school buses full of children.

You traded them to pay for your meth habit?

swardboy
11/7/2008, 11:10 PM
...and a child shall lead them...

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:11 PM
You traded them to pay for your meth habit?

Look, d!ckhead, just because Oklahoma doesn't feel the same way about things as San Francisco doesn't mean that there is something wrong with it.

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:14 PM
I told my parents about this, and they agreed we need to move down there.

People seem to have a clue down there. :D ;)

Unfortunately it is only about 35% of the people. :mad:

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:15 PM
Look, d!ckhead, just because not even one small pocket of Oklahoma doesn't feel the same way about things as over half the country doesn't mean that there is something wrong with it.

/fixed

StormySooner-IN
11/7/2008, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately it is only about 35% of the people. :mad:
No...I think the article says "65.6 percent"

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2008, 11:16 PM
On November 6 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_6), 1990 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990) Walters was elected governor of Oklahoma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governor_of_Oklahoma) carrying 75 of the state’s 77 counties. During his term education (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education) funding increased by approximately 30 percent and a $350 million bond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bond_%28finance%29) issue for higher education (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_education) brought construction and renovation to every state college campus. Walters term in office was marred by controversy about making the Blue Room, a ceremonial large hall in the state capitol building into the Governor's office. Since the large room was more ornate and formal, the effort made questions arise about his judgement. Additionally, Walters term was controversial as numerous former campaign aides testified to illegal activities in his campaign organization. While in office he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misdemeanor) election (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election) violation as opposed to felony charges. He did not run for re-election in 1994 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994). In 2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002), he was the Democratic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Democratic_Party) nominee for US Senate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate), but was defeated by the incumbent, James Inhofe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Inhofe).

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2008, 11:16 PM
Walters was a travesty of a Governor. He should be in prison.

Thank God for Frank Keating.

yermom
11/7/2008, 11:17 PM
i don't see what his problem is.

we are all hayseeds because we voted for the white dude?

it's like everyone is stupid because they don't agree with him, or the people that won.

sorry, it really doesn't work that way.

like 46% of the popular vote went for McCain. is he ashamed of them too? there just happens to be a higher concentration here, probably due to the economic reasons mentioned. really, Oklahoma isn't such a bad place to be right now.

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:17 PM
/fixed

Oh yeah, sure. Obama ran a campaign on lowering taxes, telling gun owners he respects the 2nd amendment, and saying a whole lot about nothing in the most eloquent way possible.

Enjoy the transition. It's usually the best time of a Presidency. And remember, when things go to sh*t, there aren't going to be any Republicans around to blame.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah everyone wanted Change because their places are ****holes now...whereas Oklahoma's economy has improved on almost all levels

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:20 PM
Barry Switzer must be wrong, as well as Boren and the late Jack Mildren... the list goes on. Don't assume we are all wrong because you are in the very local majority. Oklahoma is stuck deep in a depression of ideals. Now I know what Calahan meant when he called us a bunch of ****in hillbillies. Maybe I shouldn't have been so offended?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2008, 11:21 PM
I guess Vermont voting at the same clip for Obama means they are the most enlightened state?

Curly Bill
11/7/2008, 11:23 PM
I'll go ahead and say it: **** David Walters.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2008, 11:24 PM

Amen.

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:25 PM
Barry Switzer must be wrong, as well as Boren and the late Jack Mildren... the list goes on. Don't assume we are all wrong because you are in the very local majority. Oklahoma is stuck deep in a depression of ideals. Now I know what Calahan meant when he called us a bunch of ****in hillbillies. Maybe I shouldn't have been so offended?

Well, GTFO if you don't like it here

http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

yermom
11/7/2008, 11:25 PM

i'm with you.

you know it's bad when i'm agreeing with you guys ;)

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:27 PM
i'm with you.

As I've said before, you are the most independent person here. Maybe I used the word 'moderate' but I'm not really sure what that means.

Flagstaffsooner
11/7/2008, 11:28 PM
Not only is Walters a criminal, he's also an *******.

Getem
Heh, get red or get out

Curly Bill
i'm with you.

Welcome aboard...

...see, we can be inclusive. :)

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:29 PM
but he's our former governor, no matter what he did it ain't American to talk bad like that about him!

thanks for the neg jerk and Getem, I knew I could count on you f'n hillbillies.

Go back to your beers boys, nothing to see here but a fk'n commie right jerk?

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:32 PM
but he's our former governor, no matter what he did it ain't American to talk bad like that about him!

May your chains rest lightly upon you.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2008, 11:33 PM
David Walters is upset because he didn't get to cast his electoral vote in this historic election....

And I could careless about either side btw..I just don't care for David Walters...he was an embarrassment down the stretch as governor

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2008, 11:36 PM

I don't really get this one...this is a man who broke the law against our state of Oklahoma lecturing us about our behavior.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/7/2008, 11:38 PM
I don't know why Walters would be the least bit surprised.

I guarantee you, if Nixon had run for a 3rd term of the presidency following his disgraced resignation, he would have easily carried Oklahoma - against Humphrey, Carter, Clinton, Obama, or whoever.

Flagstaffsooner
11/7/2008, 11:39 PM

Add me to your list donk.

Paperclip
11/7/2008, 11:40 PM
I know I'm right when David Walters disagrees with me.

SleestakSooner
11/7/2008, 11:43 PM
I was not living in Oklahoma when Walters was governor, I was off serving my country so wasn't too privy to how corrupt he was or not. This is typical though, attack the messenger to ignore the merit of the message.

And for those neggin me, Jerk sent me neg to begin with including a cute message saying "nice you fkn commie" I didn't bring that into the convo until he sent it my way.

Please continue to send your warm fuzzy feelings my way though

Curly Bill
11/7/2008, 11:46 PM
This is typical though, attack the messenger to ignore the merit of the message.

Doesn't seem that anyone besides you sees much merit in the message. Personally it sounds like the ranting of a pissed off liberal with hurt feelers.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2008, 11:49 PM
I was not living in Oklahoma when Walters was governor, I was off serving my country so wasn't too privy to how corrupt he was or not. This is typical though, attack the messenger to ignore the merit of the message.

And for those neggin me, Jerk sent me neg to begin with including a cute message saying "nice fkn commie" I didn't bring that into the convo until he sent it my way.

I'm sorry man, but I have no respect for anything that dude says....

IMO, I don't think it matters..Obama won....What does it matter how Oklahoma voted anyway when in his opinion, the right guy won?

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:49 PM

And for those neggin me, Jerk sent me neg to begin with including a cute message saying "nice you fkn commie" I didn't bring that into the convo until he sent it my way.

The message sucks. Some people don't like to be preached to. Most people don't like to be preached at. No one wants an arrogant p.o.s. like Walters telling us we're a bunch of dummies for not picking Dear Leader Obama.

Soonerus
11/7/2008, 11:51 PM
I promise that was not Walters article...

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:52 PM

You need to inebriate...I mean, elaborate.

Dio
11/7/2008, 11:52 PM
WTF is wrong with Oklahoma?

1. Gene Stipe

2. David Walters

Soonerus
11/7/2008, 11:53 PM
David would never say stuff like that...

Flagstaffsooner
11/7/2008, 11:54 PM
I promise that was not Walters article...And how do you know that?

Was it Brad Henry troll?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2008, 11:55 PM
1. Gene Stipe

I know he has ruined the town I live in..They are now recovering from his craziness..

Soonerus
11/7/2008, 11:56 PM
And how do you know that?

He is a friend, he would never say that shat...

SleestakSooner

OK then, well I sure as **** didn't write it and I listed the source...

SicEmBaylor
He is a friend, he would never say that shat...

You need new friends.

Jerk
11/7/2008, 11:57 PM

No, I don't understand the greed for and want of control for the product of another man's labor.

Soonerus
11/7/2008, 11:58 PM
You need new friends.

No, he is a great guy...I could tell you some story's...

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:00 AM
He is a friend, he would never say that shat...Did you guys share a cell.;)

SoonerTerry
11/8/2008, 12:01 AM
Somehow I knew it...

Paperclip
11/8/2008, 12:02 AM
No, he is a great guy...I could tell you some story's...

David Walters!!

http://planetwill.jt.org/media/characters/art/braskey.jpg

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:02 AM
I just went back and read it again, I guarantee you this is a hoax !!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:04 AM
it may be..I have searched it and found it in other forums..and every copy of that story comes from the poster who posted in on sleestak's link...Jim Nimmo

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2008, 12:08 AM
I will say that it does strike me as an odd article for him to write.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:09 AM
But it did give us good opportunity to remember him and how much most of us don't care about him

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:10 AM
I will say that it does strike me as an odd article for him to write.But remember what a whiney little pimp he is.

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:10 AM
I think he is a great guy who is doing very well now, so he has moved on very successfully...

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2008, 12:11 AM
But it did give us good opportunity to remember him and how much most of us don't care about him

Every cloud has its silver lining.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:11 AM
good for him

Mjcpr
11/8/2008, 12:13 AM
That sounds just like something David would say. I call him David because he and I are such good friends.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:15 AM
He probably likes pineapple on his burgers

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:15 AM
Next thing we are going to hear is that David Hall is a great guy.

Mjcpr
11/8/2008, 12:17 AM
He probably likes pineapple on his burgers

Yes, he is a pole smoker like that.

Soonerus
Next thing we are going to hear is that David Hall is a great guy.

I didn't say that but my inlaws did buy his house when he went to prision...

SicEmBaylor
:sigh:
Grilled pineapple, red, and green peppers on a burger is the delish. Not all the time mind you but every now and then...

Paperclip
11/8/2008, 12:18 AM
I rode an elevator at what is now the Chase building in downtown OKC with David Walters. He wanted to go to the Petroleum Club but couldn't reach high enough for the button for that floor.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:19 AM
I m sure his wife has hit acid and takes Xanax as well

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:20 AM
I didn't say that but my inlaws did buy his house when he went to prision...They should tear out the drywall, I bet there is cash stuffed in there.:D

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:20 AM
I rode an elevator at what is now the Chase building in downtown OKC with David Walters. He wanted to go to the Petroleum Club but couldn't reach high enough for the button for that floor.

r u calling him a shorty, that's not true...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:22 AM
I call him Shorty when we are hangin out...actually its more like SHO T

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2008, 12:23 AM

Can you blame her?

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:24 AM

cheap shot !!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:24 AM
Can you blame her?

probably got on it when he was doing hard time

Kels
11/8/2008, 12:27 AM
Walters was the first politician I remember being referred to as being "crooked as a dog's hind leg.

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:27 AM
Walters did no time at all...today's OKC Journal Record had an article about how successful Rhonda was...buying three buildings on Classen in OKC...you guys are mis-informed...

Sooner Eclipse
11/8/2008, 12:28 AM
This is typical though, attack the messenger to ignore the merit of the message.

And this attitude seems to be the prevailing one in the collective these days.
Because the majority of this state does not agree with the social leanings of the coastal areas and urban areas of this country we're wrong.

Surely your parents imprinted upon you the wonderful anecdote about not jumping off the cliff just cause your friends do. I know its cliche, but it makes it no less true. I'm old enough to have seen the road this nation is on. It's the same road the europeans have travelled. Ask the average european about the quality of his life. It aint that great. Virtually no possibility to own any real estate of your own. Lest you consider living in a cracker box surrounded by everyone elses cracker box stacked above and below your cracker box. Same for a vehicle, lest you like go carts with doors.
It is nearly impossible to get ahead in those countries no matter how hard you work or educate yourself. 70% plus tax rates put an end to any incentive.

Thank you, no. I'll continue to enjoy my personal freedoms and try to control as much of the fruits of MY labor as I can.

Why is it you lefties feel we as Americans must think in lock step w the rest of the world. (i.e. other leftists) There are plenty of countries that have the same type of govt you're dragging us towards. Only one that offers the personal freedoms and opportunity that this one does. Why not be different, that attitude generally gives you an advantage over the others. If you like their ideas so much move there. Don't **** this place up worse than you already have. America is unique among the world. Why should we lower our standards to be like them.

Mjcpr
11/8/2008, 12:29 AM
I don't know if I've ever met a Rhonda who didn't have cigarette bref.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:29 AM
I know he did not do time...asking a contributor for more cash shouldnt get a guy time....

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:30 AM

http://mugshotdujour.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/rhonda-register.jpg

Jerk
11/8/2008, 12:32 AM

She's my Waffle House waitress.

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:32 AM
I know he did not do time...asking a contributor for more cash shouldnt get a guy time....

He did nothing any politician has ever done, including Barack, the flavor of the moment..

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:33 AM
http://hoosierthunder.com/images/blogs/princess-rhonda.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:34 AM
Speaking of crooked OK Govs,
J. Howard Edmondson

When I was in the OKANG the old guys told me this story. The unit at OKC was a fighter squad with F-86's but they had one transport plane, a C-47.
This plane was was the Govs private plane so to speak and made regular trips to Geneva with cash and to other states on booze runs when OK was dry.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:35 AM
He did nothing any politician has ever done, including Barack, the flavor of the moment..

While in office, Governor Walters, who faced impeachment, pled guilty to a
misdemeanor election violation and eight felony counts were dismissed. The
misdemeanor related to encouraging a contributor to give $ 13,500 more than the $ 5,000
campaign contribution limit. Six of the felony counts were perjury charges tied to signing
campaign reports. Walters received a one-year deferred sentence, paid a $ 1,000 fine, and
gave the state Ethics Commission the money he had raised for the 1994 governor’s race.
In 1994, the House voted 52-47 not to hold an impeachment inquiry.

its not like he raped a goat, but he did feel one up

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:37 AM
While in office, Governor Walters, who faced impeachment, pled guilty to a
misdemeanor election violation and eight felony counts were dismissed. The
misdemeanor related to encouraging a contributor to give $ 13,500 more than the $ 5,000
campaign contribution limit. Six of the felony counts were perjury charges tied to signing
campaign reports. Walters received a one-year deferred sentence, paid a $ 1,000 fine, and
gave the state Ethics Commission the money he had raised for the 1994 governor’s race.
In 1994, the House voted 52-47 not to hold an impeachment inquiry.

Just like I said, like Obama...

Dio
11/8/2008, 12:38 AM

Them winter nights in Canute do get cold and lonely!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:39 AM
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/4828/monsterripperet9.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:41 AM
Just like I said, like Obama...Here in the West, we string those kind of people up from the nearest pine tree.http://www.baronhats.com/images/Ben_Cartwright-sing.JPG

Jerk
11/8/2008, 12:47 AM
And this attitude seems to be the prevailing one in the collective these days.
Because the majority of this state does not agree with the social leanings of the coastal areas and urban areas of this country we're wrong.

Surely your parents imprinted upon you the wonderful antedote about not jumping off the cliff just cause your friends do. I know its cliche, but it makes it no less true. I'm old enough to have seen the road this nation is on. It's the same road the europeans have travelled. Ask the average european about the quality of his life. It aint that great. Virtually no possibility to own any real estate of your own. Lest you consider living in a cracker box surrounded by everyone elses cracker box stacked above and below you real estate. Same for a vehicle, lest you like go carts with doors.
It is nearly impossible to get ahead in those countries no matter how hard you work or educate yourself. 70% plus tax rates put an end to any incentive.

Thank you, no. I'll continue to enjoy my personal freedoms and try to control as much of the fruits of MY labor as I can.

Why is it you lefties feel we as Americans must think in lock step w the rest of the world. (i.e. other leftists) There are plenty of countries that have the same type of govt you're dragging us towards. Only one that offers the personal freedoms and opportunity that this one does. Why not be different, that attitude generally gives you an advantage over the others. If you like their ideas so much move there. Don't **** this place up worse than you already have. America is unique among the world. Why should we lower our standards to be like them.

That's what the average leftist doesn't understand. Their elites are not going to raise all people up to be equal (in wealth and income). Rather, they're going to lower everybody DOWN to the same poor lifestyle.

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 12:48 AM
Here in the West, we string those kind of people up from the nearest pine tree.http://www.baronhats.com/images/Ben_Cartwright-sing.JPG

Right, people in Flagstaff would be lining's up.....duh...

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:50 AM
That's what the average leftist doesn't understand. Their elites are not going to raise all people up to be equal (in wealth and income). Rather, they're going to lower everybody DOWN to the same poor lifestyle.Xactly. You think the Kennedy thugs will suffer with the rest of us?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 12:51 AM
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5568/ugly45bs.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 12:53 AM
Right, people in Flagstaff would be lining's up.....duh...Actually Coconino county went for monkey ears. Lots of pinkos here.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:01 AM
I thought Pinko's where gheys who liked to bag chicks every once in a while

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2008, 01:01 AM
Barry Switzer must be wrong, as well as Boren and the late Jack Mildren... the list goes on. Don't assume we are all wrong because you are in the very local majority. Oklahoma is stuck deep in a depression of ideals. Now I know what Calahan meant when he called us a bunch of ****in hillbillies. Maybe I shouldn't have been so offended?David walters was a disgrace of a leader. Shoulda picked someone else to trumpet.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:03 AM
betta check yo self Rush..Rus and Walters are boys....Rus might go all 187 on yo azz

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:04 AM
I thought Pinko's where gheys who liked to bag chicks every once in a whileThat would be whorns and califorinians, pinkos are ultra leftest semi commies.:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/JLCrogue/pinko-dismal.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:07 AM
GREAT!

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:08 AM
I just saw the thorazine.....whoah!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2008, 01:09 AM
Actually Coconino county went for monkey ears. Lots of pinkos here.You got a public university, a res, and lots of welfare folks up there in Flag, no?

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 01:10 AM
David Walters was and is a great guy...the Oklahoman from day one attacked him that resulted in his son's suicicide....and any other construction of the facts is ****ed up...

SoonerTerry
11/8/2008, 01:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/JLCrogue/pinko-dismal.jpg

THAT IS ... AWSOME!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:11 AM
I m sure he is

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:21 AM
You got a public university, a res, and lots of welfare folks up there in Flag, no?Yup, and me the old white guy.:O

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:22 AM
David Walters was and is a great guy...the Oklahoman from day one attacked him that resulted in his son's suicicide....and any other construction of the facts is ****ed up...
Horsehttp://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/coreimages/digital+art/66736_1453_by_timcn.jpg

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 01:23 AM
Horsehttp://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/coreimages/digital+art/66736_1453_by_timcn.jpg
F' you...

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:24 AM
Yup, and me the old white guy.:Oyou ain't noth'n but a cracka *** cracka!:P

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:25 AM
whats crackalackin?

Soonerus
11/8/2008, 01:26 AM
David is a good man...f' the rest of you uniformed people...

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:29 AM
F' you...You are so sweet!

OV told me about you, now I know.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:29 AM
you ain't noth'n but a cracka *** cracka!:P

Looky here, baby. You're hittin' them corners too goddamn fast. You need to slow this mother****er down, you understand? I almost spilled my 'yak on this $200 suit, ******. Come on, baby, keep it together

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:30 AM
David is a good man...f' the rest of you uniformed people...

Thank God I don't wear a uniform!

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:32 AM
Looky here, baby. You're hittin' them corners too goddamn fast. You need to slow this mother****er down, you understand? I almost spilled my 'yak on this $200 suit, ******. Come on, baby, keep it togethermutha ****a you cain't even spell versacci....yes I can...it's F, O,......sotchy!

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:34 AM
Thank God I don't wear a uniform!you ain't got to lie Craig!!

http://www.shanatinglipton.com/blog/uploads/village.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:35 AM
mutha ****a you cain't even spell versacci....yes I can...it's F, O,......sotchy!

I was just about to bust a cap in your ***. Give me back my mother****ing pistol. **** out my store.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:36 AM
you ain't got to lie Craig!!

http://www.shanatinglipton.com/blog/uploads/village.jpg

Rus don't like people that wear uniforms....

Shut the fu... Did I say... Ohhh, nigga! I'll... oh, ****! Say something! Say something else, nigga! I'ma tie yo' monkey *** up.

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:41 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/tdmbo/blue-streak-4.jpgOH Mr PO licemannnn....I got cho pizza!

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:48 AM
Come on, baby. I'm faded, feeling X-rated. It's Mr. Nasty Time. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:50 AM
Don't move! Or I'll blow your goddamn head smooth off. Now back up. Slowly! Don't say a word.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:50 AM
I said don't say a word!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:51 AM
Little muthaf***a gonna try and rob me. Well I'ma show you how we do it here in Pinky's *noogah*.

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:55 AM
I got some hot sauce....fo my bo ritto!!!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkwNDUzODE0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzg2Mzg3._V1._ SX600_SY400_.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 01:57 AM
silly silly Sooners;) :D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/8/2008, 01:58 AM
Can't even count to ten and you win the lottery, aint that a bitch

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 01:59 AM
Oh hell, I'm sorry. I thought this was the uniformed DT thread. My bad. I think it's time for a fry'd bologna sammich.

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 02:02 AM
Oh hell, I'm sorry. I thought this was the uniformed DT thread. My bad. I think it's time for a fry'd bologna sammich.That sounds good, I must be shiiity faced.

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 02:03 AM
That sounds good, I must be shiiity faced.damn....i'm out of bologna:mad:

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2008, 02:09 AM
damn....i'm out of bologna:mad:Cat food will do.:D

Turd_Ferguson
11/8/2008, 02:14 AM
Cat food will do.:D:eek:

85Sooner
11/8/2008, 07:56 AM

I knew walters , I knew his wife and I knew his hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm other close close friend.

Trust me, we get it.

Lott's Bandana
11/8/2008, 10:25 AM
Why does he sound so full of righteous indignation and surprise? OK has been Fortress Bush for 8 years and reaped significant benefit from it, gaining one of the highest growth rates in military spending due to the BRAC commission findings of any state in the country.

While the rest of the country might look at our results and call us racist hillbillies, I tend to lean to something more germane: patriotic hillbillies.

To me, the surprising result was Georgia. Talk about getting out the "anti" vote. Even with a huge population center with demographics like Atlanta, 52% - 47% Red shows the Forsyth County folks got to their snake-worshiping church polling places in droves.

reevie
11/8/2008, 11:13 AM
Instead of asking WTF is wrong with Oklahoma, the Dems should be asking why they can win an election here when over 60% of registered voters are Dems. Let's blame the voters for not seeing the light but not be critical of the party's lack of appeal to the voters - sounds like Walters.

stoopified
11/8/2008, 11:54 AM
F*ck Walters.

OklaPony
11/8/2008, 12:00 PM
Folks, these margins don't mean we're behind the curve, they mean we're ahead of it!

jkjsooner
11/8/2008, 12:14 PM
. While in office he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor election violation as opposed to felony charges.

First off, there was a major hatchet job done on Walters.

In addition to all of this, the DA did something I've never seen or heard of before. After Walters pleaded guilty he asserted in a speech that he did so to end the whole ordeal and he still feels he did no wrong.

The DA threatened perjury charges against Walters for pleading guilty to a crime he did not comment. That's the same DA who was charging him with the crime. Rather than just disagreeing with Walter's statement in a speech that was not under oath, he attempted to play it both ways - simultaneously saying Walters was guilty while also trying to say he lied when pleading guilty. He drug Walter back to court and had him say under oath he was guilty.

If all that doesn't scream of a person vendetta then I don't know what does.

I'm sure no attorney but I never imaged that a plea in court is binding under perjury rules. Even if so, it sure is not treated as such in 99.9% of the cases. The whole ordeal makes me question the whole legality of DA's pressuring someone into a plea bargain since the accused can't legally plead guilty to a crime (s)he didn't comment.

I think it was Macey and he had a hard on for ending Walter's career and reputation.

jkjsooner
11/8/2008, 12:19 PM
You need new friends.

I think this post is uncalled for.

jkjsooner
11/8/2008, 12:26 PM
That's what the average leftist doesn't understand. Their elites are not going to raise all people up to be equal (in wealth and income). Rather, they're going to lower everybody DOWN to the same poor lifestyle.

I could say the same about the right and their love affair with globalization and outsourcing....

Chuck Bao
11/8/2008, 12:41 PM
Whether the post is a hoax and you vehemently disagree with it, you can't deny that some people are thinking that way.

Truthfully, I'm wondering if my family in Oklahoma still believes that Obama is a muslim and pals around with terrorists.

soonerscuba
11/8/2008, 01:59 PM
Oklahoma, God bless it, is filled with wonderful, caring people, but it's as monolithic and backasswards a place on this whole damn globe. I have no problem with how people voted in the election, it's their right to do as they please, but let's not pretend that Oklahoma isn't every bit as crazy as the Haight-Ashbury, just at the other end of the spectrum.

This is purely a personal opinion, but this particular kind of thinking is driving the OU grads out of this state faster than anything else. The vast majority of students at OU, IMO, liked Norman, liked OU but had no desire whatsoever to stick around any other part of the state. I can't say I blame them.

jkjsooner
11/8/2008, 02:37 PM
I would say there is something wrong with any state where every single county goes to one candidate - either democrat or republican.

Balance is always a good thing and Oklahoma is sorely lacking in balance.

I know some of you guys who only see extremes and right/wrong won't get it but really bad things happen when there is no balance in the political spectrum.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/8/2008, 02:48 PM
There IS balance. We're the Anti-Vermont.

85Sooner
11/8/2008, 02:56 PM
Oklahoma, God bless it, is filled with wonderful, caring people, but it's as monolithic and backasswards a place on this whole damn globe. I have no problem with how people voted in the election, it's their right to do as they please, but let's not pretend that Oklahoma isn't every bit as crazy as the Haight-Ashbury, just at the other end of the spectrum.

This is purely a personal opinion, but this particular kind of thinking is driving the OU grads out of this state faster than anything else. The vast majority of students at OU, IMO, liked Norman, liked OU but had no desire whatsoever to stick around any other part of the state. I can't say I blame them.

Thats because (and I did this) I compared taxes. All Taxes from property, income, car tag, cigarette, alcohol,sales etc.... side by side based on the same income, assets in property, etc..... and it would cost me 300.00 per month more to live in oklahoma than in Austin texas. I sent the info to The daily oklahoman and they published it.

My question was why would anyone want to pay 300.00 per month to live in a state that had less opportunity and lower saleries.

This is due to the anti business state of mind that has been dominated by people such as Gaylord and the consistant dem voting from the eastern part of the state. Hello Snipe? Look at the history over the past 40 years of Oklahoma politics.

OKC and Tulsa could be pro business but the eastern counties trumped the big cities power in state government.

That is why students are leaving the state.

SicEmBaylor
11/8/2008, 03:24 PM
I could say the same about the right and their love affair with globalization and outsourcing....

That's the new-right not the old-right. A liberal complaining about globalization is...well...hysterical.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/8/2008, 03:26 PM
That's the new-right not the old-right. A liberal complaining about globalization is...well...hysterical.

Thanks, Sic'em. I was hoping SOMEONE would say that.

Okla-homey
11/8/2008, 03:48 PM
And for the record, Gov Walters can kiss my ponderous arse. I moved home after twenty-three years living all over this flipin' country because Oklahoma is, The Promised Land.

Okla-homey
11/8/2008, 03:49 PM
That is why students are leaving the state.

they'll be back. "Grass is greener" and all that stuff.

85Sooner
11/8/2008, 04:25 PM

WE would love to come back if anyone knows anyone who is hiring with good sales jobs.

Family is family and life is truely short. Not to mention OU football!

Vaevictis
11/8/2008, 04:26 PM

I would like to stay in Oklahoma after I graduate. I can tolerate the relatively low incremental income tax.

I cannot tolerate a 45% reduction in base pay to stay.

Okla-homey
11/8/2008, 08:20 PM
I would like to stay in Oklahoma after I graduate. I can tolerate the relatively low incremental income tax.

I cannot tolerate a 45% reduction in base pay to stay.

Just do your homework. Sometimes the cost-of-living (including of course the cost of housing) in the new place can eat-up any higher salary.

I beleive 100K in Oklahoma is roughly equal to 200K in LA. Ditto the upper Atlantic seaboard.

olevetonahill
11/9/2008, 12:07 AM
My question was why would anyone want to pay 300.00 per month to live in a state that had less opportunity and lower saleries.

Cause Its worth It ?
:P

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/9/2008, 12:10 AM
Good luck living anywhere else on $300....

Vaevictis
11/9/2008, 12:13 AM
Just do your homework. Sometimes the cost-of-living (including of course the cost of housing) in the new place can eat-up any higher salary.

I beleive 100K in Oklahoma is roughly equal to 200K in LA. Ditto the upper Atlantic seaboard.

Done and done. I'm talking a 45% pay cut to stay in Oklahoma as opposed to Texas.

I'm only half kidding when I say: "People. Oklahoma's #1 export since 1932."

Chuck Bao
11/9/2008, 05:26 AM
This thread reminds of the time that I invited one of the international students to spend Christmas with my family. Davang was from India, a Jain and strict vegetarian. My mom was actually trying very hard to make sure that there were plenty of vegetarian dishes for Davang. For some strange reason, she thought pork and beans was vegetarian.

Or, there is that time that I brought my Ethiopian friend, Fikre, home to visit for a weekend. When I told my mom, she was “oh, I bet he is as black as the ace of spades!” I had to tell her “No, don’t you ever watch the Olympics?”.

That isn’t any better than me when I asked a Nigerian exchange student if they had lions and elephants in his country. He said: “yes, but we keep them in a thing called a zoo.”

85Sooner
11/9/2008, 08:30 AM

LA MAybe, I can't say, But Austin the cost of living is equal except for the taxes

85Sooner
11/9/2008, 08:32 AM
Good luck living anywhere else on $300....

300$ a month save and amortized and you can retire a hell of a lot earlier yes?

3600 per year in addition to reg savings and Booyah

soonerhubs
11/9/2008, 09:02 AM
"I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration."

Any guesses on the source of that quote? Does it still apply, ESPECIALLY on election day? :D

SouthFortySooner
11/9/2008, 10:02 AM
...if they raise their head up. Take a shot att'em. (they, being this creep walters)

jkjsooner
11/9/2008, 10:59 AM

So I'm a liberal? Baylor, I've always been against unrestricted globalization. I understand the economists who say we have to accept globalization. Maybe they're correct but if so then we're in a nasty race to the bottom as with limited resources and all we just can't raise all boats up.

Anyway, I find it ironic that you label me a liberal and then find it hysterical that I hold a position that you would consider the old conservative position.

I'm also against affirmitive action because it is arbitrary, unfair, and creates more division than unity and it does nothing to address the root of the problems. Go to the root. Fix the inner city schools. Fix the families if at all possible. Get more athletes interested in taking graduate coaching positions at universities rather than simply complaining about the number of black div 1 football coaches. I can go on and on....

Pretty hysterical, huh? A liberal with these views? Maybe just maybe I can't be easily classified as a liberal or conservative. If you plotted my views you would have dots on the left, dots in the middle, and quite a few dots on the right.

But I'm sure I'll be labelled as a liberal simply because I have a few dots on the left.

Sorry if this sounds highly sarcastic. Baylor, I actually find most of your posts to be very very interesting so I don't want to come off too sarcastic.

jkjsooner
11/9/2008, 11:01 AM

And thus 200k in LA is still middle class. Oops, another liberal making a hysterical statement...

Czar Soonerov
11/9/2008, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, sure. Obama ran a campaign on lowering taxes, telling gun owners he respects the 2nd amendment, and saying a whole lot about nothing in the most eloquent way possible.

Enjoy the transition. It's usually the best time of a Presidency. And remember, when things go to sh*t, there aren't going to be any Republicans around to blame.

Yeah, we got to hear how everything was Bill Clinton's fault for 6 effin' years after Bush took office.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/9/2008, 01:14 PM
Walters was a travesty of a Governor. He should be in prison.

Thank God for Frank Keating.Seriously? The same Frank Keating who accepted $250K from Jack Dreyfus for his "children's education?"

Mjcpr
11/9/2008, 01:15 PM
I think it's the same guy.

CtheB
11/9/2008, 01:35 PM
All due respect, but David Walters, in his tenure, represented all that could be both good and bad about politicians. I, as everyone else, am entitled to my vote; and however I cast it, makes me neither right nor wrong. If my beliefs are not 'progressive' or considered a throwback to honor "the way things used to be", I will accept that as a compliment.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/9/2008, 02:48 PM
David Walters touched me on my private parts. I didn't want him to touch me there.

I would like to show you where on this human facsimilie doll.

C&CDean
11/10/2008, 05:11 PM
Yeah, we got to hear how everything was Bill Clinton's fault for 6 effin' years after Bush took office.

cough - bull**** - cough

All I heard was what great shape your boy left us in.

I was in Baltimore the past 2 weeks. When I had one of the guys up there come up to me and say "so, did you see Oklahoma is the only state where Brack didn't win a single county?" I responded "God bless Oklahoma."

Some of you lefties have values confused with hickdom. I've never been more proud of Oklahoma than I was on election day. Even though Tulsa and OKC had some pink in them (imagine that), the rest of the state did good.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2008, 05:17 PM
Seriously? The same Frank Keating who accepted $250K from Jack Dreyfus for his "children's education?"

Why do you hate educating children? They're our future.

Sooner_Havok
11/10/2008, 06:45 PM
I guess Vermont voting at the same clip for Obama means they are the most enlightened state?

No, it means they are just as bat **** crazy as Oklahoma is. They are just crazy on the other end of the spectrum.

Also, Walters sucked & Keating can go to hell.

Henry...I don't like the guy. There is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way. I wouldn't want to meet the guy, have a beer with him, or be friends with him. All that aside, I think he has been one of the better governors this state has had in recent memory.

47straight
11/10/2008, 07:24 PM
If NYC has the same or more number of people as Oklahoma, then why aren't they getting grief for going all-blue?

Sooner_Havok
11/10/2008, 07:34 PM
If NYC has the same or more number of people as Oklahoma, then why aren't they getting grief for going all-blue?

Um, actually if you look at the map, Staten Island is red.

47straight
11/11/2008, 01:34 AM
Um, actually if you look at the map, Staten Island is red.

Well, you're right. I was going off sheer numbers. Staten Island and its 100k voters went to McCain, 52%. But the numbers:

NYC: 79.27% for Obama
OK : 65.64% for McCain

Oklahoma, with 3.5 million citizens, had 502k folks who voted for Obama.
NYC, with 9 million or so, had 482k folks who voted for McCain.

I don't know whether NYC is even more bat**** crazy than OK, but it sure doesn't have much diversity.

Got all my data from
http://mapmash.googlepages.com/election2008.html

Sooner_Havok
11/11/2008, 01:53 AM
Well, you're right. I was going off sheer numbers. Staten Island and its 100k voters went to McCain, 52%. But the numbers:

NYC: 79.27% for Obama
OK : 65.64% for McCain

Oklahoma, with 3.5 million citizens, had 502k folks who voted for Obama.
NYC, with 9 million or so, had 482k folks who voted for McCain.

I don't know whether NYC is even more bat**** crazy than OK, but it sure doesn't have much diversity.

Got all my data from
http://mapmash.googlepages.com/election2008.html

You also need to take into account that you are looking at one city. You are comparing a whole state to one city. Granted, it is a city that has more people than most Rocky Mountain and Great Plains states, but it is still one city.

I mean, NYC has a population density of 27,147/sq mi

Oklahoma as a whole state, 52.7/sq mi.

Of course they are going to vote more as a block. They all live within 1 mile of 27,146 other folks. It is like a big neurotic family.

Vermont is a better comparison as it is a whole state, but going off the map you gave me, not even the state of Vermont went 100% for Obama. Hawaii is the only all blue state. It did break at 69% Obama though. 3 points more than Oklahoma broke for McCain.

KingBarry
11/11/2008, 05:05 AM
i don't see what his problem is.

we are all hayseeds because we voted for the white dude?

it's like everyone is stupid because they don't agree with him, or the people that won.

sorry, it really doesn't work that way.

like 46% of the popular vote went for McCain. is he ashamed of them too? there just happens to be a higher concentration here, probably due to the economic reasons mentioned. really, Oklahoma isn't such a bad place to be right now.

Yeah, you are on to something there. It's one thing for Screamin' Howard Dean to call Okies hicks. He's from someplace else. He can stereotype us.

But David Walters? He IS an Okie. I know he went to Harvard and all (on the State's dime), but what is his point? We voted Republican this year, so we are "hayseeds," but if we vote Democrat in two years, do we get to stop being hillbillies? Tell us, David.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2008, 05:35 AM
So I'm a liberal? Baylor, I've always been against unrestricted globalization. I understand the economists who say we have to accept globalization. Maybe they're correct but if so then we're in a nasty race to the bottom as with limited resources and all we just can't raise all boats up.

It's a sovereignty issue for me. I don't have nearly as big a problem with free-trade as I do free-trade agreements/treaties.

Anyway, I find it ironic that you label me a liberal and then find it hysterical that I hold a position that you would consider the old conservative position.

I'm also against affirmitive action because it is arbitrary, unfair, and creates more division than unity and it does nothing to address the root of the problems. Go to the root. Fix the inner city schools. Fix the families if at all possible. Get more athletes interested in taking graduate coaching positions at universities rather than simply complaining about the number of black div 1 football coaches. I can go on and on....

Pretty hysterical, huh? A liberal with these views? Maybe just maybe I can't be easily classified as a liberal or conservative. If you plotted my views you would have dots on the left, dots in the middle, and quite a few dots on the right.

But I'm sure I'll be labelled as a liberal simply because I have a few dots on the left.

Sorry if this sounds highly sarcastic. Baylor, I actually find most of your posts to be very very interesting so I don't want to come off too sarcastic.

You have my apologies. If I had known you weren't an idiot then I obviously wouldn't have assumed as much. The problem is that I naturally assume that everyone is a moron and has no earthly clue in hell what they're talking about when it comes to politics.

The only quibble I have with anything you said is that a set of policy positions neither make you liberal nor conservative or anything else. I've always asked people to imagine putting supposedly conservative issues they agree with on one side of a scale and supposedly liberal issues they agree with on the second. At what point does the scale tip one way or the other to indicate a political ideology? It's a set of non-policy principles that make one a conservative or liberal -- the policy positions are irrelevant and need only be evaluated by an individuals principles to decide the proper judgment on any issue.

At any rate, carry on. I'm going back to my thread of epic failure.