PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Reynolds Surgery

CK Sooner
11/7/2008, 09:31 PM
""Reynolds undergoes surgery: Ryan Reynolds, the middle linebacker lost to a torn knee ligament against Texas Oct. 11, underwent surgery a week ago.

"It went great," OU coach Bob Stoops reported. "There were no other issues, which sometimes there are, whether it's cartilage or other ligaments. It was just the (anterior cruciate) ligament. Everything else was perfectly intact, which wasn't the case in his other surgery (in the spring of 2007). Hopefully this one will heal quicker and better."

Fraggle145
11/7/2008, 09:48 PM
RUB SOME DIRT ON IT!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2008, 09:52 PM
"It went great," OU coach Bob Stoops reported.

means they amputated his leg

Flagstaffsooner
11/7/2008, 10:20 PM
It was just the (anterior cruciate) ligament.jeez, Bob.

NCSooner18
11/8/2008, 01:27 AM
Is it just me, or did they take their sweet time getting around to this? I realize that it wouldn't make a difference for this year. It just seems that they usually do these quicker.

aurorasooner
11/8/2008, 01:53 AM
Is it just me, or did they take their sweet time getting around to this? I realize that it wouldn't make a difference for this year. It just seems that they usually do these quicker. I was thinking the same thing. Outside of RR's having any other medical/surgury issues, it must have had something to do with time-frame/rehab stats for this kind of clean ACL injury and if the surgery was done immediately after the RRR, the possibility of him being ready in the bowl game which would kill any kind of a medical RS. I guess they think the chances are good with his previous injury history to get RR back next year with an appeal to the NCAA since the injury was in the 6th game and out of the 30% rule range (or whatever it is).

Fraggle145
11/8/2008, 02:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Outside of RR's having any other medical/surgury issues, it must have had something to do with time-frame/rehab stats for this kind of clean ACL injury and if the surgery was done immediately after the RRR, the possibility of him being ready in the bowl game which would kill any kind of a medical RS. I guess they think the chances are good with his previous injury history to get RR back next year with an appeal to the NCAA since the injury was in the 6th game and out of the 30% rule range (or whatever it is).

There may have been other complications... swelling and stuff. I dont know i'm talkin out my *** right now. :D

King Crimson
11/8/2008, 02:36 AM
means they amputated his leg

lol.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2008, 09:45 AM
3-4 weeks delay to let the swelling subside is common.

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/8/2008, 10:43 AM
From my own experience(ACL surgery last April), they have to let the swelling go down as well as the allow for the ACL to quit bleeding and filling the knee cavity with blood. Being that it was the ACL that was torn and nothing else, this may be the best care scenario, considering it was a blown out knee. My new ACL took and was back to full strength in 3 months but you have to build up the rest of the knee and leg muscles. Everyone I know, including me, had the most problems with the MCL and cartilage take the longest to heal. The cartilage took the longest to heal and hurt the worst by far. This actually is good news(considering the situation).

stoopified
11/8/2008, 11:04 AM
means they amputated his legIf that is the case RR should be able to master his bionic(15 milion dollar-inflation ya know)knee and leg and be back to action by TT.I mean we do have a bye week after all.I'm thinking with his new bionic leg RR takes over kickoff,punting duties as well as the Mike spot.I predict 100% rate of touchbacks on kickoffs and a 63 yard average on punts with 10 second hang tme.

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 11:32 AM
Get Well Sooner!

Good Luck Ryan.