PDA

View Full Version : OSU's ****** Game Ticket Policy

cheezyq
11/7/2008, 04:53 PM
I don't know why, but this just makes me laugh every time I think about it.

http://newsok.com/ticket-policy-staying/article/3319759

The OU game will be the biggest OSU home game in a long while, and they won't have a full stadium for it. I guess that's nothing new, but the funny part is that it's not because their fans don't care now...it's because they've blocked their fans from coming as part of a silly policy intended to keep OU fans out.

cvsooner
11/7/2008, 05:09 PM
Heh. Maybe possibly the biggest game in school history and they won't have a full stadium...unless OU fans buy season tickets. Fine...I'd just as soon they not have a full stadium, frankly.

fadada1
11/7/2008, 05:26 PM
about as much sense as a football bat or hockey ball.

Sooner24
11/7/2008, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't go to Stoolwater if I had a free ticket.

Whet
11/7/2008, 05:28 PM
I have a free ticket and I am going! ;)

Dan Thompson
11/7/2008, 07:14 PM
I wonder how many fans from

Houston
Missouri State
Troy
aTm
Baylor
ISU

bought season tickets, so they could watch there teams lose at OSU?

MichiganSooner
11/7/2008, 07:22 PM

Houston
Missouri State
Troy
aTm
Baylor
ISU

None. They could buy a single game ticket. Mr. Holder just won't sell tickets to OU game as a single ticket. Their largest crowd was about 52,000 when tickets to parents were offered for half price. And they told parents to forward the email to whatever friends they wanted to. T Boone has taken his stadium from 50,000 to 60,000 and got nothing for it despite a top 10 team. They got about 44,000 for Iowa State; OSU fans said attendance sucked because Iowa State didn't travel well and fill up the stadium. One fan said that OU wouldn't fill OUr stadium for a crummy team like Iowa State.

tulsaoilerfan
11/7/2008, 07:27 PM
So they are not making any single tickets available for the OU game? And they wonder why we are constantly making fun of them.

85sooners
11/7/2008, 07:50 PM
osu can suck it!!

okienole3
11/7/2008, 08:23 PM
What are the chances that all the empty seats were purchased by OU fans and will be filled with crimson on gameday.

Cam
11/7/2008, 08:38 PM
One fan said that OU wouldn't fill OUr stadium for a crummy team like Iowa State.

I could've swore that Iowa State played at Owen Field in the last 10 years. If I'm right, then yeah, it was sold out.

Red October
11/7/2008, 08:59 PM
That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face...

SoonerTerry
11/7/2008, 09:23 PM
as if I didn't have enough reason to hate lOSUr

freshchris05
11/7/2008, 09:56 PM
where are our aggy faithful to chime in on this situation...

royalfan5
11/7/2008, 11:39 PM
Iowa State has the same policy for Nebraska and Iowa fans., depending on the year.

Soonerus
11/7/2008, 11:52 PM
dumb-ist aggie move EVAR !!!!

Dio
11/8/2008, 12:19 AM
My momma always said: aggie is as aggie does.

MichiganSooner
11/8/2008, 11:03 AM
What are the chances that all the empty seats were purchased by OU fans and will be filled with crimson on gameday.

That would be pretty funny.

But they have said how many season tickets have been sold and it is not 60,000.

So, two top 10 teams will meet in Stoolwater on national tv in front of a non-sold-out but recently expanded stadium. I can't wait for the tv announcers to point out how incompetent the osu athletic department is and to interview T-bone Pickens with 10,000 empty seats in his house.

bri
11/8/2008, 11:36 AM
That's why they're aggy.

GottaHavePride
11/8/2008, 11:58 AM
That would be pretty funny.

But they have said how many season tickets have been sold and it is not 60,000.

So, two top 10 teams will meet in Stoolwater on national tv in front of a non-sold-out but recently expanded stadium. I can't wait for the tv announcers to point out how incompetent the osu athletic department is and to interview T-bone Pickens with 10,000 empty seats in his house.

They said it was 39,000. Which means there will be roughly 21,000 empty seats. [addressing aggy] Nice job, morons. Your stadium will be 1/3 empty.

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 12:05 PM
They will probably offer them for sale a few days before the game...at the Stadium.

I'm betting they are trying to make sure every ticket has an Orange Shirt in it and offering them up a couple of days before will reduce the possibility of them getting bought up on EBAY by a Sooner.

I say Sooners should drive down to Stoolwater with full gas tanks, coolers and all of the tailgate stuff you can.

Don't buy anything but a ticket to the game.

Paint the town RED!

MichiganSooner
11/8/2008, 12:58 PM
Mike Holder has proven to be very stubborn on this. Those seats will be empty unless aggy or Sooners go up there and buy a season ticket. I'll watch on TV before I give aggy money for a season ticket.

colinreturn
11/8/2008, 01:31 PM
that is aggy and sorry and pathetic

StoopTroup
11/8/2008, 01:40 PM
Mike Holder has proven to be very stubborn on this. Those seats will be empty unless aggy or Sooners go up there and buy a season ticket. I'll watch on TV before I give aggy money for a season ticket.

If you don't get a ticket...make sure you have a Generator and Satellite hook up.

I just think they might cough em up soon.

Of course...we are dealing with aggy here...there is no logic.

douxpaysan
11/9/2008, 11:55 AM
about as much sense as a football bat or hockey ball.Those aggot bats are used to beat on their mats as noisemakers. I thought their was some sort of conference noise making rule that oulawed that practice. i.e. air horns aren't allowed etc.

bri
11/9/2008, 12:23 PM
Well in their defense, they have to find a way to make it sound like they can sell out their own stadium.

You think they'll start doing like rasslin' shows do and move all the people in attendance over to the "hard camera" side and pipe in crowd noise to make the place look full? :D

MichiganSooner
11/9/2008, 12:36 PM
Well in their defense, they have to find a way to make it sound like they can sell out their own stadium.

You think they'll start doing like rasslin' shows do and move all the people in attendance over to the "hard camera" side and pipe in crowd noise to make the place look full? :D

For their first game, they had 50,000 or less. Gundy said at the post game press conference that it looked like a sell-out when he and the team came out of the cattle gate at the start. I guess they had everybody space themselves apart to look full. Kind of like Tech and their splits. By the way, does TT still have wide splits? Announcers don't talk about it anymore.

Piware
11/9/2008, 12:43 PM
My boss has a stupid aggot buddy that told him "them thar Bedlam tickets is gonna be $1,000 a piece". His plan is to stand outside the stadium and sell them to OU fans.

Another of the local OSWho guzzlers said that an "anonymouse donor" is going to buy the unsold 20K so the stadium is full. Hope he checks the price on a barrel of oil before he does it. :P

bri
11/9/2008, 12:47 PM
Do you think if aggy had two sugar daddies, they could rise above fourth-best in a six-team division?

Piware
11/9/2008, 12:50 PM
They had a second one but T. Bone lost the guy's money.:D

bri
11/9/2008, 12:57 PM
But he gave that guy some more money to make up for the money he lost. What a guy!

StoopTroup
11/26/2008, 08:17 PM
I found this thread from 2006 to go along with the ones about the aggy ticket policy again this year.

When are they going to realize it isn't working? This thread was 2006.

Heh.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81477&highlight=mike+holder

AlbqSooner
11/26/2008, 08:27 PM
A 2/3 full stadium for a game of this magnitude on National TV. That has to be really good for recruiting.

"No really Dad, I think I am going to sign with OSU."

"Son, you are a 4 star recruit. Why would you go somewhere that can't fill its stadium or win its division within the conference?"

sozo
11/26/2008, 09:29 PM

Houston
Missouri State
Troy
aTm
Baylor
ISU

Now that's a stellar home schedule!:rolleyes:

Hot Rod
11/26/2008, 09:49 PM
My boss has a stupid aggot buddy that told him "them thar OU-OSU tickets is gonna be $1,000 a piece". His plan is to stand outside the stadium and sell them to OU fans.

Just trade a sheep for the tickets, believe me they'll accept!

Soonersince57
11/26/2008, 10:59 PM
For what it's worth - - -the claim is that season ticket sales went up 6,000 because of this policy, although without OU on the schedule I believe the number would be lower. In any event, we'll take it at face value that these are true new sales and it generates $3 million or so for the athletics department.

If there are 10,000 empty seats on Saturday night at name-a-price per ticket (I'd say $200 a ticket would still sell), that would be $2 million in unrealized sales. Up to 15,000 tickets would be $3 million in lost revenue.

It is also said that the empty seats are spread around the stadium and not that noticeable. This would be equivalent to 20,000 or so empty seats in Norman. Do you think that would be noticeable?

Next year will be the key. Without OU on the home schedule, they will be lucky to keep the number of season ticket holders that they have, but I would bet you will see a drop.

They've had a top 10 program for part of the year, a nice shiny new stadium, and the best they can come up with is to spite the one-game ticket people just to prove a point.

StoopTroup
11/26/2008, 11:18 PM
How do they look to a National audience on Saturday Night while playing a game with so much interest? When the ticket deal comes up during the game and they start doing the T. Boone interviews and they start asking about the empty seats and the outrage by Fans....Do they look real smart or greedy?

I'll take greedy.

Money doesn't buy you a good football team.

Good Coaching does that and they got rid of the biggest glut on their program to LSU. That probably saved at least 3 million right there.

Clothing and merchandise sales should also cover any loss in revenue just from them having the Season they are having. Pinching the ticket sale pennies has got to be one of the stupidest moves Holder could have made IMO. Tulsa made changes to their Stadium this year and I know for a fact they started offering discounted tickets and even sold Standing Room Only tickets that Sunday Night they played on ESPN I believe it was. Now there were some folks thinking about not only money....but about fans too.

You can make a case to get the State Legislature involved if you want or even the NCAA....but in the end...oSu will just come off as incompetent IMO. Holder looks like an idiot and leaves folks on the outside looking in with the feeling that they are just completely eat up with OU's ability to not only raise capital....but also sellout every year.

It's pathetic. I can't believe the School is letting him do it.

sooner2b09
11/26/2008, 11:45 PM
Just got my ticket from my friend who is a student there. A bunch of my friends have gotten them from students, so looks like we will be invading their student section too :D

daddywarbucks
11/27/2008, 12:27 AM
The part I dont understand is that part of my tax dollars go to pay for that ignorant school(OU and Stoolwater are State funded)...And I cant even buy a ticket to the game? That makes sense...

Leroy Lizard
11/27/2008, 12:52 AM
Mike Holder has proven to be very stubborn on this.

He has no choice now. Those that bought season tickets with the understanding that single-game tickets would not be sold would be upset if Holder changed his mind. They could possibly sue.

Sirus
11/27/2008, 03:12 AM
Mike holder=aggy=tard