PDA

View Full Version : MARK MAY

allentxsooner
11/7/2008, 04:44 PM
Seriously does this guy have the ability to see that there are other good teams in College Football besides suc? Everytime he is on tv it is Usc this, Usc that. They had there chance and lost to Oregon State, deal with it!

Beef
11/7/2008, 04:48 PM
Does Mark May and Mark May only decide who plays for the MNC?

Ground_Attack
11/7/2008, 04:49 PM
After suc lost, he was all over OU as being the dominant team in the country. We lost the game and our stock dropped.

allentxsooner
11/7/2008, 05:26 PM
I guess I shouldnt care to much about the talking heads, but arent these guys supposed to be impartial?

SoonerAtKU
11/7/2008, 05:33 PM
I guess I shouldnt care to much about the talking heads, but arent these guys supposed to be impartial?

Who says? These guys aren't journalists, they're not breaking any stories or uncovering any truths. They're commentators and entertainers. Their job is to interest you in some way to get you to tune in.

okiewaker
11/7/2008, 05:42 PM
Although last night during the halftime show I did get a kick out of him saying Zach Johnson and Hu... cough,cough..Hunter.

SoonerInKCMO
11/7/2008, 07:26 PM
I don't care what the goofball has to say about USC... as long as he will sit there like he did last night (two nights ago? :confused: ) and say "HEY K-STATE - WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!" in reference to their firing of Prince because .500 suddenly isn't good enough for them after a few years of Snyder winning some, I like him. :D

MichiganSooner
11/7/2008, 07:31 PM
I can't stand Mark May. He comes across as a know-it-all. Give me Lou Holtz.

hink4769
11/8/2008, 01:42 AM
Who says? These guys aren't journalists, they're not breaking any stories or uncovering any truths. They're commentators and entertainers. Their job is to interest you in some way to get you to tune in.

What you say is true. It creates a problem though, because recognition in college football is based so much on subjective analysis (BCS, Heisman trophy) that what these guys say on TV makes a big difference in people's minds, because 99% of college football fans goto ESPN for they're CFB info. The regular season is only 12 games long, which doesn't give people a whole lot of raw data to compare players and teams, so they have to base their decisions of who's the best on very very subjective comparisions. For example, if everyone at ESPN decided that Graham Harrell should win the Heisman and made that opinion known, I would bet Harrell would end up winning barring an awful game coming down the strech. Same goes for Bradford and McCoy if they decided to throw their weight behind either of those guys. Its kind of sad when you think about it because most of those ESPN guys are idiots.

SoonerGrant
11/8/2008, 02:39 AM
Disney owns 80% of ESPN, the other 20% is owned by Hearst, whom also owns The New York Journal..of course espn is not impartial :D

Harry Beanbag
11/8/2008, 09:20 AM
If OU had USC's schedule, we probably wouldn't be giving up 30 points and 500 yards a game.

oupride
11/8/2008, 09:46 AM
You think his ratings would go up if he talked about OU all the time??? It's all about the ratings. There are 9.9 million people in the city of Los Angeles (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/06037.html) and 3.5 million people in entire state of Oklahoma (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/40000.html).

OU-HSV
11/8/2008, 10:21 AM
Mark May is a tool. Lee Corso is a tool. Jesse Palmer is a tool. Kirk is becoming a tool.
Even when they say good things about OU, I don't hold much value in it, cause we know they'll change their position the next week.

The problem is that when these guys are building up the condoms, or other currently undeserving teams....you have to think there are voters or peopple of influence on the rankings in some way or another out there who tune into their shows...that's the really, really bad part of when they have a love fest with a nondeserving team.

Curly Bill
11/8/2008, 10:44 AM
If OU had USC's schedule, we probably wouldn't be giving up 30 points and 500 yards a game.

I wouldn't bet on that. ;) :D

King Crimson
11/8/2008, 10:47 AM
You think his ratings would go up if he talked about OU all the time??? It's all about the ratings. There are 9.9 million people in the city of Los Angeles (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06/06037.html) and 3.5 million people in entire state of Oklahoma (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/40000.html).

and bingo was his name-o...B-I-N-G-O.

King Crimson
11/8/2008, 10:50 AM
Mark May is a tool. Lee Corso is a tool. Jesse Palmer is a tool. Kirk is becoming a tool.
Even when they say good things about OU, I don't hold much value in it, cause we know they'll change their position the next week.

i thought i was going to off myself listening to Herbstreit for 3 hours during the RRS. he sucks out loud.

he was talking like UT was full of walk-ons and 2 star players from Maine....he sucks. he can **** the hell off as far as i'm concerned. i'm more interested in what the chair i'm sitting in has to say about football than his crap *** nonsense.

Harry Beanbag
11/8/2008, 10:53 AM

Of course we'd also be averaging more than 50 points a game as well. We'd be seeing scores of 82-17 instead of 56-35. :)

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2008, 11:19 AM

We all covet what we don't have. I can imagine what the USC message board was like after they lost to the beavers. Fire the OC. Our O sucks; we have all this 5 star talent and we can't move the ball. We have better athletes than OU and look at their numbers; why don't we run the spread. If our D has an off game, we don't have a chance. Fire the OC..

:P

stoopified
11/8/2008, 11:33 AM
I can't stand Mark May. He comes across as a know-it-all. Give me Lou Holtz.The only difference between May and Holtz is Holtz is senile.Mays slobbers over the Condoms and Holtz over the Crying Irish.

The_Red_Patriot
11/8/2008, 12:32 PM
He isnt the only one all over USC's nuts.

"They have the strongest defense period...is scary"--Todd Mcshay
"They have only given up one TD in their last 4 games, #1 total defense and #1 scoring defense, nobody can touch these guys"--Lee Corso

"USC plays with a different level of athlete. Nobody in the big 12 could beat them"--Pat Jones

THEY LOST TO A CRAPTASTIC OREGON STATE TEAM!!!!

MAYBE THEIR DEFENSE IS SO GOOD BECAUSE THE PAC 10 IS GARBAGE!!!!

I'm tired of hearing how the bcs makes college football a year long playoff....it doesnt.

If it did then you have to count USC and Florida's losses for something. Especially if there are other 1 loss teams in the mix who have better losses like Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St etc.....

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2008, 01:24 PM
Face it. If any one of us had their jobs, half the country would be complaining about how we always favor OU and midwestern teams (except Texas). It is impossible to do their jobs and not make some people mad.

I complain more about their lack of overall talent, not bias. (Although I will say that Mark May's complaining about Bradford throwing two INTs against UT is pretty hard to defend.)

Okie35
11/8/2008, 01:26 PM
Seriously does this guy have the ability to see that there are other good teams in College Football besides suc? Everytime he is on tv it is Usc this, Usc that. They had there chance and lost to Oregon State, deal with it!

do you really take anything he says seriously?... hes horrible... and so is lou holtz...

Cam
11/8/2008, 04:20 PM
They're human, they're going to be biased.

There are some who will admit when their favorite team sucks. Lou Holtz isn't one of them.

SWFloridaSooner
11/8/2008, 07:06 PM
The talking heads are all back on the USC bandwagon because Petey Boy made BSC comments again this week. He does this at the same time every year and ends up getting the talking heads going and their numbers go up. It's cheap but it seems to work.

VA Sooner
11/9/2008, 02:31 AM
He's usually pretty good but this year, I think he's watching too many highlight films and not actually watching the games. USC sucked today... Cal was much closer than the score shows... Mark Sanchez is over-rated (or playing down his knee injury).

But I find Lou Holtz worse... USC-love without the performance against a good team.

Come on already.... Pac-10???? There's not a decent team in the conference this year.

BermudaSooner
11/9/2008, 08:50 AM

Yes, but there are about 60,000 people that care about football in Los Angeles, and 3.4 million that care about it in Oklahoma.