PDA

View Full Version : sam & demarco academic all district!!!

adoniijahsooner
11/7/2008, 03:54 PM
Forget the heisman, i am always more impressed with this sort of achievement.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110608aaa.html

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 03:59 PM
+1 solid work by both players

rainiersooner
11/7/2008, 04:02 PM
3.95 in finance is not too shabby! Nicely done by both of them!!

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 04:06 PM
Sam would have had a 4.0 but one of his professors had a drop when he passed in his assignment :D

BillyBall
11/7/2008, 04:25 PM
Sam would have had a 4.0 but one of his professors had a drop when he passed in his assignment :D

That joke was really ghey but I laughed....

blackbeauty02
11/7/2008, 11:00 PM
I'm sure some OSU or Texas fan will make the claim that they were "given" the grades

batonrougesooner
11/8/2008, 12:46 AM
I agree. I think this say's alot more about these guys than their acomplishments on the football field. When you consider that football is the equivalent of a full time job, it speaks alot to their discipline and character to do so well in the classroom.

For so many it's as if the academic side is just an afterthought.

misplacedsooner
11/8/2008, 01:55 AM
im glad they are solid students and all but i wont just forget the heisman. footbal, championships and heismans is why we are all here, not the school work. as long as they go to class, stay eligible, give good effort and kick *** on the field thats what counts to me. it may sound narrow minded but should we have an academic forum? and how many of us would be on there rooting for someone to pull a 4.0 in calculus....go bob!!!you can ace this test, and dont forget the extra credit!!! i could care less if they have a 2.5 or a 3.9 as long as they are trying.

batonrougesooner
11/8/2008, 02:09 AM
im glad they are solid students and all but i wont just forget the heisman. footbal, championships and heismans is why we are all here, not the school work. as long as they go to class, stay eligible, give good effort and kick *** on the field thats what counts to me. it may sound narrow minded but should we have an academic forum? and how many of us would be on there rooting for someone to pull a 4.0 in calculus....go bob!!!you can ace this test, and dont forget the extra credit!!! i could care less if they have a 2.5 or a 3.9 as long as they are trying..

"trying" is just code word for "I'm just not willing to put out the effort to make the grade"

Trying is for looooosers.

BTDT

Fraggle145
11/8/2008, 02:15 AM

"trying" is just code word for "I'm just not willing to put out the effort to make the grade"

Trying is for looooosers.

BTDT

Yep. If you were really trying you'd be in my office hours and my email bugging me to death, instead of whining that it is too hard. If you are really "trying" as a teacher I can tell and if you still cant cut the mustard, well it sucks to say, but maybe school isnt for you.

Especially with all of the tutoring and grade inflation (in general and given to athletes) if you arent making the grades as an athlete I have little sympathy.

Edit: and not complaining about the extra attention paid to athletes, I know what their effort means to academic funding and how much time they have to put in... They earn it with what they can do for the school.

SoonerGrant
11/8/2008, 02:30 AM
Good to hear that they are doing great academic wise this year! What happened to Nic Harris, I thought he was also a brainiac?

Lott's Bandana
11/8/2008, 10:59 AM
What is "All-District" anyway...?

Sounds like a HS letter jacket.

King Crimson
11/8/2008, 11:09 AM
3.2 is automatic all conference. if 3.31 is second best on our team we are a low group...given the kind of "academic tutors" D-1 athletes get.

All you have to do in college today is turn stuff in on time and not miss class to pass. Grade inflation is incredible.

okiewaker
11/8/2008, 11:13 AM
It's not to often you can put "Smart" with "Star football player" in the same sentence.

stoopified
11/8/2008, 11:23 AM
Excellent.