PDA

View Full Version : Notice to Scholarship Kickers

MojoRisen
11/7/2008, 12:08 PM
I have always not picked on the kicker even if he was wearing legg warmers to keep his legs warm in cold games.

But if you are on a scholarship to a Major D1 school for kicking and your team is in a BCS deciding game, I would allow you to miss one field goal from under 25 yards. If you are unable to shake that miss off and miss another field goal from less than 25 yards- I would tell you right then and there that your never going to play again...

Part of me felt bad for a minute, then I decided at a rate of 35-40K a year or more if you are basically paid to make a field goal - you should be fired after a performance like the guy from TCU last night.

That is a damn shame - they were a much better team than UTAH.

badger
11/7/2008, 12:12 PM
The red haired red shirt sophomore QB screwed with them a lot more with some of those throws (including an INT to end their late first half drive).

NormanPride
11/7/2008, 12:15 PM
And running backwards 10 yards to get sacked repeatedly.

badger
11/7/2008, 12:16 PM
And running backwards 10 yards to get sacked repeatedly.

aaaannnnd.... TCU is outta field goal range again! :mad:

Harry Beanbag
11/7/2008, 12:20 PM
aaaannnnd.... TCU is outta field goal range again! :mad:

What is field goal range for them, the 1 yard line?

badger
11/7/2008, 12:21 PM
What is field goal range for them, the 1 yard line?

Hey, he made one! After all, the score was 10 to 13, not.... some other number that wouldn't include a three in it somehow some way... um... right.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 12:28 PM
Hitting the goalpost that hard is not easy ya know :)

TCU left a lot of points on the field and not just the kicker. Too bad, because I think they would have jumped Boise and taken that BCS bowl slot.

badger
11/7/2008, 12:29 PM
I think they would have jumped Boise and taken that BCS bowl slot.

Correct me if I'm wrong - if more than one team fits the mid-major criteria, doesn't the bowl get to choose which one to take, rather than be forced to take the top one?

:P If they had to take the top teams last year, Illinois wouldn't have ended up in the Rose Bowl.

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 12:47 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong - if more than one team fits the mid-major criteria, doesn't the bowl get to choose which one to take, rather than be forced to take the top one?

:P If they had to take the top teams last year, Illinois wouldn't have ended up in the Rose Bowl.

It could be - I don't know the BCS rule. But with 2 losses, TCU won't finish top 12, so they will be out. Utah should finish with the highest record if they can beat BYU, who suddenly doesn't look so strong. Boise has only played a mediocre Oregon, so I think Utah would be more desirable if they stay unbeaten.

MojoRisen
11/7/2008, 01:28 PM
The red haired red shirt sophomore QB screwed with them a lot more with some of those throws (including an INT to end their late first half drive).

Him too, I forgive him for the first sack on 3 & 6 in field goal range, not on the second... What a retard.

Also just looking at him in particular nothing against red heads but I wanted to go ahead and just kick his arse...

stoopified
11/7/2008, 06:53 PM
Latest conspiracy has Mac paying off the Toads to lose and wreck OUr SOS with the computers. :)

KingBarry
11/7/2008, 08:18 PM
Don't forget Alexis Serna. In 2004, he famously blew Oregon State's chance to upset defending national champion LSU by missing three extra-points during a game that ended in a 22-21 OT loss. He went on to become a Lou Groza finalist that season, and won the award in 2005.

The lesson is people have a bad night.

okcusooner
11/8/2008, 01:49 AM
I have always not picked on the kicker even if he was wearing legg warmers to keep his legs warm in cold games.

But if you are on a scholarship to a Major D1 school for kicking and your team is in a BCS deciding game, I would allow you to miss one field goal from under 25 yards. If you are unable to shake that miss off and miss another field goal from less than 25 yards- I would tell you right then and there that your never going to play again...

Part of me felt bad for a minute, then I decided at a rate of 35-40K a year or more if you are basically paid to make a field goal - you should be fired after a performance like the guy from TCU last night.

That is a damn shame - they were a much better team than UTAH.

I'd disagree. Kicking and special teams aren't glamorous. But they're crucial and were definately the weak link in TCU's chain. Hence, Utah was the better team, despite TCU's advantages in all other areas.

boomersooner28
11/8/2008, 01:52 AM
Dude, after watching that inept TCU offense....how the hell did they score 10 on us?

Harry Beanbag
11/8/2008, 09:07 AM
Dude, after watching that inept TCU offense....how the hell did they score 10 on us?

You haven't watched many of our games this year, huh. :)

yermom
11/9/2008, 12:12 AM
it's a good thing we didn't need those points today...

another fine special teams showing

Ground_Attack
11/9/2008, 01:31 AM

we kicked off :D