PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holtz

Rogue
11/6/2008, 09:23 PM
is a lovable slobbering old d00d.
I like the "Ask Dr. Lou" schtick.
I like his analysis.
He seems to have a huge heart.

I know some of you still hold it against him that he coached at ND.
Not me, I dig him.

I dig the self-effacing humor and his honesty.

Curly Bill
11/6/2008, 10:32 PM
I think he's largely an idjit as a commentator, though a fairly harmless idjit.

Whet
11/6/2008, 10:35 PM
Mark May, if Lou Holtz it!!

OU-HSV
11/6/2008, 10:52 PM
Sorry Rogue, I disagree.
I don't dislike Lou because he coached at ND.....
I simply can't stand watching and hearing his old slobbering, tigger sound-a-like sh*t week in and week out. His Dr. Lou thing is absolutely annoying as was his pep talk crap. I'm ready for him to go back to coaching or staying off the t.v. period

WA. Sooner
11/7/2008, 12:06 AM
It is his time with Arkansas that pissed me off

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 12:12 AM
His Dr Lou schtick tonight about the old guy in the hospital had me belly laughing.

MissouriSooner
11/7/2008, 12:55 AM
Lou is like one of those old uncles who's funny for the first ten minutes or so, then starts to grate on you, then descends into downright irritation the longer he talks. And a bigger homer for ND you will never find...

boomersooner28
11/7/2008, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry, but if I'm flipping through the channels and I here Holtz, I am automatically changing the dang channel. Can't stand listening to that blabber mouth.

KaleoHolley
11/7/2008, 12:45 PM
How can you dis-like this guy, I don't care where he coached, i don't care that he cheated where ever he went, He is a Dick Vitale type for college football. He makes saturdays all the more fun. Lighten up people.

The Maestro
11/7/2008, 12:48 PM
He's ten times more enlightening and entertaining than Trev was.

BillyBall
11/7/2008, 12:49 PM
He is a Dick Vitale type for college football.

I dont hate him that much...

BoulderSooner79
11/7/2008, 12:50 PM
I think his ND homerism is funny given the state of the team - he has to eat crow every other week. If they were a top team, it would be a bit annoying.

fadada1
11/7/2008, 12:51 PM
i think they can find much better. it's not that he doesn't know his stuff, it's just that you can understand him when he gets excited.

oh, and he thinks ND should be in a BCS game no matter what they're ranked (or not ranked). hey lou, YOU DON'T COACH AT NOTRE DAME ANYMORE!!!!!

Collier11
11/7/2008, 12:56 PM
I love Doctor Lou, he is a good guy and when he is really being serious he can break down a game or a team very well, now he does drool and say stupid stuff about how good ND is, but that doesnt bother me

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/7/2008, 01:01 PM
He's ten times more enlightening and entertaining than Trev was.

Probably. Trev was an azz but he was a pro-Big 12 azz though.

The Maestro
11/7/2008, 01:09 PM
Probably. Trev was an azz but he was a pro-Big 12 azz though.

Well, everyone is pro Big 12 South these days so no biggie.

Flagstaffsooner
11/7/2008, 01:09 PM
I would hate to be the person that has to change his Depends.

pweitkem
11/7/2008, 01:29 PM
Lou Holtz is one of the reasons I get to watch as much football as I do... my wife absolutely loves the old guy. I got to admit, I kinda like him too. And on the first Dr. Lou he said something about 'asking the opinion of your spouse because noone wants you to succeed more then your spouse' and my wife was watching... it was gold, pure gold.

See honey, we're learning to be better husbands by watching football all day... it's not just drinking beer and yelling at the tv.

HappyClappyMackBrown
11/7/2008, 02:56 PM
The guy is a joke. Overrated coach, and a horrible,horrible TV Personality.

He needs to either

A.) Retire
B.) Die

A-M
11/7/2008, 02:59 PM
Lou Holtz is one of the reasons I get to watch as much football as I do... my wife absolutely loves the old guy. I got to admit, I kinda like him too. And on the first Dr. Lou he said something about 'asking the opinion of your spouse because noone wants you to succeed more then your spouse' and my wife was watching... it was gold, pure gold.

See honey, we're learning to be better husbands by watching football all day... it's not just drinking beer and yelling at the tv.

Did your wife buy your BS about being better husbands? I know I sure would have. ;)

MichiganSooner
11/7/2008, 03:09 PM
I didn't like him when he coached Notre Dame because I was a Wolverine fan back then and ND was our rival. I moved out here about 20 years ago and one time Lou came to our company meeting and gave a motivational speech. He was spectacular. The slobbering speech and all but he was so down to earth and common sense with great enthusiasm. You could sense he was a great leader. I don't appreciate the way he jumped from job to job but he is one heckuva human being.

KaleoHolley
11/7/2008, 03:10 PM
The guy is a joke. Overrated coach, and a horrible,horrible TV Personality.

He needs to either

A.) Retire
B.) Die

Overall NCAA: 249-132-7
(8th All-Time Division I-A by victories)

Your right that is overrated.

John Kochtoston
11/7/2008, 03:15 PM
ESPN already has a loveable, half-senile old coot in Beano Cook. The difference is, Beano's non-senile half isn't stupid.

fadada1
11/7/2008, 03:23 PM
Overall NCAA: 249-132-7
(8th All-Time Division I-A by victories)

Your right that is overrated.

yeah, but he's been coaching since football resembled rugby.

pweitkem
11/7/2008, 03:23 PM
Did your wife buy your BS about being better husbands? I know I sure would have. ;)

Not for a minute... but it was worth a try.

picasso
11/7/2008, 03:44 PM
he's a kooky little bastard who still has a woody for OU.

KaleoHolley
11/7/2008, 04:37 PM
yeah, but he's been coaching since football resembled rugby.

My point even more, if you can't coach, you don't have a job.

47straight
11/7/2008, 04:50 PM
I hate the pep talk stuff, but otherwise I really like having him on the toob. He's a ND homer, but he doesn't try to hide it. The other bozos lie about their agenda.

Collier11
11/7/2008, 06:16 PM
ESPN already has a loveable, half-senile old coot in Beano Cook. The difference is, Beano's non-senile half isn't stupid.

that guy is a worthless prick!

MichiganSooner
11/7/2008, 07:28 PM
Who did Beano coach? I only knew him as a big mouth announcer.

"I voted Miami #1 before the season started and no one (on their lousy schedule) has beat them and so I'm still voting them #1".

Rogue
11/7/2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, this shoulda been a pole.

Sooner70
11/8/2008, 08:44 AM
Michigan Sooner

I agree. Lou is a folksy, common sense guy. I don't know if any of those other guys have ever coached, but Lou has & knows the ropes. I appreciate his insights. I saw a tape of one of his business motivational speeches one time. It was great. I still remember the gist of it. "I'm not very smart & I slur my speech a lot, so things have to be simple for me", Lou says. "This is all you have to remember in life....(1) Do the Right Thing, (2) Treat others as you'd like to be treated, and (3) Do the best you can at whatever you do." If you can do all that, you'll never go wrong.