PDA

View Full Version : Brad Edwards on Mike and Mike says...

adoniijahsooner
11/6/2008, 02:46 PM
That if we beat Tech and OSU in the final 2 weeks that we will get strong in the computers, but flop in the polls, because we lost to Texas by 10. He goes on to say that any 3 way tie benefits Texas, because no one will vote us ahead of them; but he fails to mention if people are willing to vote Texas ahead of tech. To be honest I am losing the season to season enjoyment of watching my favorite team on saturdays. Its just weird listening to people talk and politick to place their "team" in the ccg.

The Maestro
11/6/2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, he is making no sense. Don't sweat it and let's hope we have that problem at the end of year. Maybe a Kansas win over Texas could solve those issues!

oumartin
11/6/2008, 03:10 PM
OU is already ahead of Texas in the Coaches poll... one of the three that make up the BCS. the other is the computer which will also rank OU above texas if we beat Tech and OSU...

he's way off base

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 03:13 PM
We're also ahead of TX in the Harris poll. If we can get the computers to cooperate, we should be good.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2008, 03:16 PM
Only thing that sucks is the higher we climb, it benefits them with their win over us. :mad:

KaleoHolley
11/6/2008, 03:22 PM
I saw lets just win out, take care of our business and let the chips fall where they may.

SoonersEnFuego
11/6/2008, 03:36 PM
I no speaka engrish

oumartin
11/6/2008, 03:41 PM
Won't matter after Baylor puts a whippin' on the whorns this weekend... Texas dobber is down and Baylor goes in and hits em in the mouth

swardboy
11/6/2008, 03:55 PM
Won't matter after Baylor puts a whippin' on the whorns this weekend... Texas dobber is down and Baylor goes in and hits em in the mouth

I saw anyting isa posibel....

UTgolfer
11/6/2008, 04:16 PM
OU is already ahead of Texas in the Coaches poll... one of the three that make up the BCS. the other is the computer which will also rank OU above texas if we beat Tech and OSU...

he's way off base

So its the computers and three polls that make up the BCS? Care to enlighten everyone as to which three polls those are?

FAIL!!!!!!

UTgolfer
11/6/2008, 04:23 PM
That if we beat Tech and OSU in the final 2 weeks that we will get strong in the computers, but flop in the polls, because we lost to Texas by 10. He goes on to say that any 3 way tie benefits Texas, because no one will vote us ahead of them; but he fails to mention that if people are willing to vote Texas ahead of tech. To be honest I am losing the season to season enjoyment of watching my favorite team on saturdays. It justs weird listening to people talk and politick to place "team" in the ccg.

It seems to me that the love Texas has gotten in the computer polls would lessen given our next three games but I read something...I think on SI.com...which said Texas's computer ranking would improve with wins in the coming weeks. Frankly don't follow that. Didn't hear what Edwards said but other writers have echoed his comments about the prospect for Texas to move up in the human polls given "bad" losses for Florida and USC.

SoonerDood
11/6/2008, 04:23 PM
Nobody on that show knows anything about CFB.

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, the other day they said we didn't belong in the "Best 1 loss team" conversation because we "lost handily to Texas at Home." Way to read the sheet that says we were the home team and not be aware it's in Dallas, you *********s.

oumartin
11/6/2008, 04:28 PM
So its the computers and three polls that make up the BCS? Care to enlighten everyone as to which three polls those are?

FAIL!!!!!!

you are a freakin' moron..

Coaches, Harris and Computer average(based on alot of stuff) make up the BCS...

OU is ahead of UT in Coaches and I guess Harris.

so

FAIL

SeattleOUstudent
11/6/2008, 04:30 PM
He needs to stick to forecasting weather.

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 04:31 PM

FAIL!!!!!!

He said "3 polls" but meant "3 components". I'm sure you knew that but were just wanting to be an a-hole.

oumartin
11/6/2008, 04:36 PM
yeah, what he said... ^^^^^^^^^^

colleyvillesooner
11/6/2008, 04:40 PM
yeah, what he said he said... ^^^^^^^^^^

MojoRisen
11/6/2008, 04:45 PM
Dudes-

We are definitely ahead of Texas in the Coaches Poll and Harris Poll - some reason we dropped in the computer polls behind Florida. Texas I am not as worried about as Florida... If Tech beats OSU this weekend... We should have it for the taking... Playing a number 2 undefeated Tech should give us a lot more brownie points than an over ranked number 6 georgia did for florida.

Here is too Bama loosing as well and then beating Florida... No way bama wold recover from a loss to LSU after the thumping Georgia and Florida put on miles.

BAMA and PSU could loose this weekend, We knock off Tech and OSU and Florida looses in the SEC championship - likely would get Texas or Bama in the MNC...

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 05:32 PM
Sigh. Our defense is NOT national championship caliber. I would be thrilled with another B12 championship and a BCS bowl win.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/6/2008, 05:36 PM

FAIL!!!!!!

:gary:

PDXsooner
11/6/2008, 07:49 PM
i wonder if brad edwards thought ohio state would make it to the title game in LATE NOVEMBER last year after losing to illinois and dropping to #7? i'm guessing no...

tommieharris91
11/6/2008, 07:53 PM

he's way off base

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm not sure OU passes Texas in the computers unless Texas loses. We need to win, to win convincingly over everyone, and to campaign. We need to say YES WE CAN!!

Hey, it worked for Obama.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/6/2008, 08:32 PM
Sigh. Our defense is NOT national championship caliber. I would be thrilled with another B12 championship and a BCS bowl win.
Sometimes you have to improvise.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/6/2008, 08:33 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm not sure OU passes Texas in the computers unless Texas loses. We need to win, to win convincingly over everyone, and to campaign. We need to say YES WE CAN!!

Maybe we can get Oprah to come out and support us.

I'll get on that ASAP.

BrockLanders
11/6/2008, 09:10 PM
College football needs change

KingBarry
11/7/2008, 01:58 AM
College football needs change

College football needs Change we can believe in. College football needs the Change that we need.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/7/2008, 02:06 AM
Nobody on that show knows anything about CFB.

Agreed. I actually heard Mike Greenberg this morning say that that we wouldnt jump Texas because we lost to them "fairly soundly at home"

sooner94
11/7/2008, 03:39 PM

I think its time for Hope and Change in college football.

SoonerAtKU
11/7/2008, 05:37 PM
Agreed. I actually heard Mike Greenberg this morning say that that we wouldnt jump Texas because we lost to them "fairly soundly at home"

Greenie fully admits he doesn't follow college ball and will only talk about it when it's a national story that needs to be addressed. Golic only follows Notre Dame.

Soonermagik
11/7/2008, 05:47 PM

I disagree. Texas lost late, which hurts them. Secondly, who can they beat that will move them up in the polls?

Florida beat Georgia and jumped us with ease. The great thing is if OU wins out they will jump Texas. We will for sure face 2 top 10 opponents while Texas is playing no one. The BCS is all about what have you done for me lately and that benefits OU.

However, I am sick of the BCS. I know it's a cliche, but we need a playoff system NOW!!!

stoopified
11/7/2008, 07:03 PM
Sigh. Our defense is NOT national championship caliber. I would be thrilled with another B12 championship and a BCS bowl win.Yeah but is UT(#116 pass D),or TT(#100 pass D)any closer to championship quality?Florida,Alabama,Penn State have better D numbers but have they played the offenses of the Big12?I honestly have no idea how OU would fare against PSU,UF,or 'Bama but I'm willing to bet OUr offense would give us a chance to win.

okiewaker
11/7/2008, 07:29 PM
A change will indeed move us up a few spots. Just like Wednesday, after checking the mail, I received my voucher for a mansion in beverly hills.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/7/2008, 08:58 PM
We win out, we will pass Texas....as already mentioned, our computer strength will only get better. UT's will drop a little. This is not as easy as it sounds, but we just have to make up 10 spots in the computers (either Texas dropping spots or us gaining a spots. simple example, we would gain 4 spots in the computers, at least with a Penn St loss this weekend. The reason we would make up ground, is that Penn St is already behind Texas in 4computer polls. But we are right behind Penn St. Therefore we would get closer to Texas even with both teams beating sub .500 ball clubs. We do need Alabama to lose, so they can help us in the SEC Championship, but if Alabama wins, there are 3 polls they are right behind Texas in. A Alabama victory over LSU will carry more weight than a UT home win over Baylor and UT will probably lose 3 spots there. That would be 7 spots this week. We would for sure pass UT later with Tech and OSU on our schedule. This does not take into affect what pts we may gain from the voters. So I will say it first...don't be surprised if Penn St loses and Alabama wins that we make up a lot of ground on UT this week. We are .031 pts behind Texas. That consist of UT being 44 pts behind us in the Harris poll and 63 pts behind in the USA today. It would be helpful for us to keep at least that distance from UT next week. But if we can extend the lead, that would be great. We can't forget that UT already has Tech and OSU calculated in their computer rankings...but again, if we don't take care of our business it won't matter.