PDA

View Full Version : We got our house and are moving to Moore

stoopified
11/6/2008, 01:34 PM
My wife and I just got the call from the realtor,that our bid was accepted.We are moving to a house on Foxfire,ehich appears to be a very nice neighborhood.The house was previously ownrd by a fellow Sooner fan judging from the decor.I am in heaven and my wife says it is done tastefully which is about as enthused as my non-football wife can be.We got our 3 bedrooms,2 living areas,2bath and 2 car garage.I can't wait to get moved.

sooner_born_1960
11/6/2008, 01:37 PM
Don't forget the traditional new-house kegger.

1890MilesToNorman
11/6/2008, 01:38 PM
Congrats! Got room for the pool table? :rolleyes:

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 01:45 PM
Since you haven't moved in yet you missed all the severe weather last night. Don't worry, there'll be more. :D

SoonerInKCMO
11/6/2008, 01:52 PM
Moore? My condolences. ;)

SteelCitySooner
11/6/2008, 02:43 PM
Load up on the insurance!

I've had a two cousins that owned homes in Moore. They are no longer there. The homes, not the cousins...although, one was a trailer so that probably shouldn't count :D

And btw, Congrats on the new home! Thats always a big deal.

SoonerBorn68
11/6/2008, 02:57 PM
I guess that makes you a Moore-on. ;)

stoopified
11/6/2008, 03:12 PM
Moore? My condolences. ;)Well we are moving from Ponca City,so it is kindof like moving from Mayberry to the BIG city of Mt. Pilot.

StoopTroup
11/6/2008, 04:49 PM
I can't wait to get moved.

Awesome!

The keggar is a good idea...

Any chance of getting moved in so we can all watch the game there Saturday? :D ;)

Congrats!

ST

Boomer.....
11/6/2008, 05:01 PM
Congrats!

Taxman71
11/6/2008, 05:41 PM
Congrats. You are pretty close to all the new restaurants and Warren Theater. Major entertainment upgrade from Ponca. Plus, you are halfway to Bricktown for NBA, concerts and baseball and halfway to Norman which means NO EXCUSE not to attend every sporting event you want.

TUSooner
11/6/2008, 11:13 PM
Congrats!!
I'll always have a fondness for Moore. I lived on S. Janeway when I was a little kid and went to Central for kindergarden. I later went to Sky Ranch elementary (Howzit too!) then Central Jr High and then MHS when I lived on southern edge of OKC. My cousins lived across the street from a bratty kid named Toby Keith. My dad used to have his Dr's office on Eastern right by the high school. A bunch of friends and relatives still live in Moore.

olevetonahill
11/6/2008, 11:35 PM
Grats , whens the House warming Party ?

Curly Bill
11/6/2008, 11:37 PM
Congrats, happy for ya.

SicEmBaylor
11/7/2008, 12:41 AM
My grandmother lives over on SW 129th street, so we'll have to get together to drink and such when I visit.

olevetonahill
11/7/2008, 01:20 AM
My grandmother lives over on SW 129th street, so we'll have to get together to drink and such when I visit.

Dont think hes gonna have any zima or Pure wimmins there .;)

stoopified
11/7/2008, 11:17 AM
Congrats. You are pretty close to all the new restaurants and Warren Theater. Major entertainment upgrade from Ponca. Plus, you are halfway to Bricktown for NBA, concerts and baseball and halfway to Norman which means NO EXCUSE not to attend every sporting event you want.That is proably number two on our list of reasons for moving(entertainmemt and restaraunt upgrade from Ponca).Number one on the list is it is a whole lot closer to my wife's job at Children's Hospital,OU Medical Center.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/7/2008, 11:35 AM
Soonerfans meet-up at Dan McGuinness. . .

sooner_born_1960
11/7/2008, 11:43 AM
Don't think we haven't noticed that you have yet to respond to the kegger suggestion.

stoopified
11/7/2008, 06:31 PM
Don't think we haven't noticed that you have yet to respond to the kegger suggestion.I have yet to lcate any kegs of my favorite beers(A&W,Dad's).Still working on it.

Taxman71 mention rextaraunts and got me to thinking,where are the best places to eat in Moore-Norman?I'm talking family-style restaraunts,pizza places,steak,Italian,Chinese,Tex-Mex,fastfood(BASICALLY ALL TYPES OF EATING ESTABLISMENTS).Equally important as where to eat,tell me where to avoid eating as well.All info is helpful.

reevie
11/7/2008, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Dio
11/8/2008, 12:10 AM
I have yet to lcate any kegs of my favorite beers(A&W,Dad's).Still working on it.

Taxman71 mention rextaraunts and got me to thinking,where are the best places to eat in Moore-Norman?I'm talking family-style restaraunts,pizza places,steak,Italian,Chinese,Tex-Mex,fastfood(BASICALLY ALL TYPES OF EATING ESTABLISMENTS).Equally important as where to eat,tell me where to avoid eating as well.All info is helpful.

I live just across the tracks from you. (or will after the move/kegger ;) )

You're right off 12th, so most fast food places are within a mile of you (incl. A&W). The little-bit-nicer chain restaurants are a couple of miles down I-35 at 19th, past the Warren (Dan McGuiness Pub is at 19th & Santa Fe). There's lots of decent to good BBQ places, and for Chinese there's a place across Eastern from Crest, and a good buffet between Broadway and I-35 on 12th. Taco Bueno is west on 12th, then turn left on Santa Fe. The best Mexican in Moore is Maria's on 5th, and the place past Buffalo Wild Wings on the west side of I-35 (I've heard good things about the place right by the Taco Bueno and GFF foods, but I've never eaten there). Within 10 miles you have Ted's in Norman or on Western between I-240 and 89th, and Tarahumara's in Norman.

And if you ever have to choose between going someplace on I-240 and driving a couple of miles extra the other way to go to Norman, pick Norman.

Congrats on the new house, neighbor!

stoopified
11/8/2008, 10:03 AM
I live just across the tracks from you. (or will after the move/kegger ;) )

You're right off 12th, so most fast food places are within a mile of you (incl. A&W). The little-bit-nicer chain restaurants are a couple of miles down I-35 at 19th, past the Warren (Dan McGuiness Pub is at 19th & Santa Fe). There's lots of decent to good BBQ places, and for Chinese there's a place across Eastern from Crest, and a good buffet between Broadway and I-35 on 12th. Taco Bueno is west on 12th, then turn left on Santa Fe. The best Mexican in Moore is Maria's on 5th, and the place past Buffalo Wild Wings on the west side of I-35 (I've heard good things about the place right by the Taco Bueno and GFF foods, but I've never eaten there). Within 10 miles you have Ted's in Norman or on Western between I-240 and 89th, and Tarahumara's in Norman.

And if you ever have to choose between going someplace on I-240 and driving a couple of miles extra the other way to go to Norman, pick Norman.

Congrats on the new house, neighbor!Thanks for the info and the welcome.

Lott's Bandana
11/8/2008, 10:07 AM
Dan McGuinness' is to Irish as 3.2 is to beer.

Meh squared.

OU-HSV
11/8/2008, 10:13 AM
Congrats, sounds like a great place

Taxman71
11/10/2008, 12:43 PM
I have yet to lcate any kegs of my favorite beers(A&W,Dad's).Still working on it.

I would say that just about everything in the Moore area up to Norman along I-35 is family friendly. In Moore along I-35 is Alfredo's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Earl's Rib Palace to name a few. A few miles north in Norman is Ted's and the rest of the usual (mostly chain) stuff. The restaurants on I-240 are vanishing as everything is moving to I-35 in your area.

There are many threads about Norman eateries, the best of which are near the campus area away from I-35....which for you is an easy drive up Porter/Sunnylane.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/10/2008, 01:31 PM
For a good listing of restaurants in OKC, visit www.eataroundokc.com (http://www.eataroundokc.com).

I'm an occasional reviewer there and by occasional, I mean once. I need to post another review there soon.

stoopified
1/16/2009, 06:58 AM
We FINALLY got moved.Been here about a week.AT&T finally got OUr internet up and running last night.We love it here,EVERYTHING is so handy.We discovered that for the most part if there is something you can't find in Moore or Norman,you proably don't need it.

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 07:19 AM
We FINALLY got moved.Been here about a week.AT&T finally got OUr internet up and running last night.We love it here,EVERYTHING is so handy.We discovered that for the most part if there is something you can't find in Moore or Norman,you proably don't need it.

Glad Yall Like it Bro
I feel the same about Living in the Boonies ;)

stoopified
1/16/2009, 07:45 AM
Glad Yall Like it Bro
I feel the same about Living in the Boonies ;)Better the Boonies than the sticks.We just moved from the sticks.

olevetonahill
1/16/2009, 07:55 AM
Better the Boonies than the sticks.We just moved from the sticks.

There times I wish I could Pick up a Phone and order a delivery pizza or Chinese dinner . Then I realize Id prolly have to ( well you Know )so Im Glad I live way back in the Woods . Cause If I cant Make It I can do with out .

See Homey's thread :D

Lott's Bandana
1/16/2009, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood, S'fied.

When you get a boy's night, try the cigar bar at the Robinson St. Louie's.

FTW

reevie
1/16/2009, 09:20 PM
Glad you're happy here

texas bandman
1/16/2009, 10:57 PM

Welcome to my hometown. Moore was a great place to grow up...or should I say try to grow up since my wife says I still haven't made it to adulthood. Maybe when I turn 50 this year. :D