PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance SoonerFans could have a separate Political Forum?

lexsooner
11/6/2008, 01:18 PM
I understand all the interest and emotions associated with the election, but it has not subsided on the South Oval two days after election day. Leading up to and around election time the South Oval was so full of political threads, many of them wacko, that it was turning into nothing more than a political topics forum. If this stuff is not going to subside, why not have a separate one for politics, so the South Oval can get back to its normal silliness, which seems pretty tame compared to the political posts? I am sure most of us are tired of politics, except for the few who just can't let go of it and continue to pollute the South Oval.

picasso
11/6/2008, 01:20 PM
racist!

;)

sooner_born_1960
11/6/2008, 01:24 PM
"Politics, the weather, you name it, it's fair game on the South Oval."
I see nothing wrong with that.

1890MilesToNorman
11/6/2008, 01:30 PM
This too shall pass like a kidney stone, the SO seems to be driven by current affairs so next week we will have new issues to banter around.

SouthFortySooner
11/6/2008, 01:34 PM
wackocist!

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 01:34 PM
If this stuff is not going to subside, why not have a separate one for politics, so the South Oval can get back to its normal silliness, which seems pretty tame compared to the political posts?

How would moving the political threads make a difference to the other threads? To some extent the political threads may be crowding out the other threads by making them less visible, but it's not like the political threads are stealing slots from other threads.

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 01:36 PM
This too shall pass like a kidney stone, the SO seems to be driven by current affairs so next week we will have new issues to banter around.

Maybe Paris Hilton will get knocked up so we can get back to discussing things that really matter. :D

1890MilesToNorman
11/6/2008, 01:42 PM
Maybe Paris Hilton will get knocked up so we can get back to discussing things that really matter. :D

What a can of worms that would open up!:O

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/6/2008, 01:50 PM
How would moving the political threads make a difference to the other threads? To some extent the political threads may be crowding out the other threads by making them less visible, but it's not like the political threads are stealing slots from other threads.Right on! "Just don't click".

yermom
11/6/2008, 01:56 PM
yeah, but then it might help keep jackasses from turning non-political threads into political suckfests

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 01:58 PM
yeah, but then it might help keep jackasses from turning non-political threads into political suckfests

This is a good point, but I don't see why there needs to be a separate forum to enforce that--or how a separate forum would make it any easier to enforce.

yermom
11/6/2008, 02:00 PM
it could be a gentle reminder?

i'm not generally for another forum, i'm just anti-jackass (political ones, anyway)

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 02:17 PM
it could be a gentle reminder?

i'm not generally for another forum, i'm just anti-jackass (political ones, anyway)

Jackasses generally don't respond to gentle reminders. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
11/6/2008, 02:22 PM
REMINDER:

You hate America because you're a dirty America-hater-imicator.

That is all.