PDA

View Full Version : Ok seriously, what is

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 08:41 AM
a civilian national security force?

No one seems to be able to give me an answer.

especially about one that is equally as well funded as our national military.

yermom
11/6/2008, 08:45 AM
it's not so much that they will be funded more, it's that the military will be funded less ;)

OUDoc
11/6/2008, 09:04 AM

It's like the Olevet posse, except a little less intoxicated.

achiro
11/6/2008, 09:07 AM
Didn't Hitler use a civilian force to round up the Jews?

OUDoc
11/6/2008, 09:09 AM
And flair.

Turd_Ferguson
11/6/2008, 09:10 AM
It's like the Olevet posse, except a little less intoxicated.Olevet Posse aka NF1 (Natty Force 1).

http://atworkandbored.com/jokes-inc/fun-pics/116.jpeg

Okla-homey
11/6/2008, 09:14 AM

I presume a form of national police force. Policing heretofore has been a state function. We do have the US Marshal Service, FBI, ATF, Treasury cops and the like, but they generally don't get involved unless federal law is being violated. If a national police force is what is being pitched, that would be counter to America's historic reluctance to embrace such a thing. Further, I doubt we have the money for such a thing.

Okla-homey
11/6/2008, 09:17 AM
Didn't Hitler use a civilian force to round up the Jews?

Geheime Staatspolizei (aka Gestapo), but I doubt that's BHO's motive. probably more a create jobs thing.

royalfan5
11/6/2008, 09:18 AM
I was under the impression that this Civilian Security Force is intended to be a replacement for Blackwater Security Contractors in overseas Nation building duty.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/6/2008, 09:18 AM
Further, I doubt we have the money for such a thing.

Obama will after he raises your taxes and spreads the wealth around...Then they can snitch on people not doing it the Obama way.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 09:35 AM
I presume a form of national police force. Policing heretofore has been a state function. We do have the US Marshal Service, FBI, ATF, Treasury cops and the like, but they generally don't get involved unless federal law is being violated. If a national police force is what is being pitched, that would be counter to America's historic reluctance to embrace such a thing. Further, I doubt we have the money for such a thing.

Wouldn't that be called 'The National Guard'?

SoonerBorn68
11/6/2008, 09:35 AM

Homey, your answer sounds like this idea DOESN"T scare the hell out of you.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 09:45 AM
doesn't scare me either cause I think it's some kind of BS talk.

'as powerful and well funded as our military' is just straight out effing crazy talk. oh yeah, there's an extra trillion dollars laying over there, let's make a civilian national security force.

pfffft. UNLIKELY.

But hey, they wanted change.

Howzit
11/6/2008, 09:50 AM
doesn't scare me either cause I think it's some kind of BS talk.

'as powerful and well funded as our military' is just straight out effing crazy talk. oh yeah, there's an extra trillion dollars laying over there, let's make a civilian national security force.

pfffft. UNLIKELY.

But hey, they wanted change.

This is no time to be bitter. We are in the midst of historicalness.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 10:05 AM
historical smoothtalkiness.

TUSooner
11/6/2008, 10:13 AM

Indeed, we have plenty and more of federal police oragnizations. Another national police force would be redundant if not flat-out scary scary.

OklahomaTuba
11/6/2008, 12:56 PM
An American version of the Stasi is basically what it sounds like to me.

Throw in a cult of personality like Obama and $500 Bill and it sure sounds like a good ol time to me.

No wonder he doesn't like the "clingers". ;)

Okla-homey
11/6/2008, 09:06 PM
Homey, your answer sounds like this idea DOESN"T scare the hell out of you.

I don't favor such a thing. Nor do I favor nationalization of the combat service support functions the US military spent 20 years privatizing because contractors do it better and quicker than gubmint employees.

Sure, folks beat up on Brown&Root, Haliburton and Blackwater, but I served during the period when we didn't have them, during the transition, and during the period they ran CSS for the DoD at deployed locations overseas. Light years better under the contractors from this GI's perspective.

AlbqSooner
11/6/2008, 09:17 PM
Stalin had a civilian National security force.

Whet
11/6/2008, 09:43 PM
2qutULJOOEU

OU4LIFE
11/7/2008, 08:29 AM
been up for two days now, and none of the Obama big talkers from a week ago even want to touch this?

I guess if they just ignore it, it didn't really happen.

Fraggle145
11/7/2008, 08:34 AM
been up for two days now, and none of the Obama big talkers from a week ago even want to touch this?

I guess if they just ignore it, it didn't really happen.

Or it could be that a lot of people are just tired of politco BS from both sides and want to talk about something else, while they wait and see what happens.

OU4LIFE
11/7/2008, 08:50 AM
oh, so they are tired now that it's over?

interesting.

OUDoc
11/7/2008, 10:16 AM
oh, so they are tired now that it's over?

interesting.

What, do you want some pillow-talk now?

OU4LIFE
11/7/2008, 10:25 AM
yes

Harry Beanbag
11/7/2008, 11:13 AM
Those aren't pillows!!!11!!1!

picasso
11/7/2008, 03:41 PM
they can't answer because they're still learning about him.

change bitch!

picasso
11/7/2008, 03:42 PM
Those aren't pillows!!!11!!1!

how bout them Cubs?

Fraggle145
11/7/2008, 03:48 PM
yes

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/11/7/128705645860335374.jpg