PDA

View Full Version : Rueben Randle #1 WR

setem
11/6/2008, 01:38 AM
He just narrowed down to his top 5 and OU is in the mix.

What are the chances he comes to OU?

I will take your negative responses off the air, thanks!

...oh and first time caller...

setem
11/6/2008, 07:05 PM
Since Boyde has gone with Blake...WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES WITH RANDLE?

CK? TELL ME DAMN IT!

Do we put some extra effort into Bryce McNeal?

snp
11/6/2008, 07:10 PM
LSU/Bama bound.

CK Sooner
11/6/2008, 08:09 PM
Since Boyde has gone with Blake...WHAT ARE OUR CHANCES WITH RANDLE?

CK? TELL ME DAMN IT!

Do we put some extra effort into Bryce McNeal?

What SNP said.

:D

OUJAY
11/10/2008, 08:34 PM
The chances aren't that great. He will stay in the SEC.

Sabanball
11/17/2008, 04:55 PM
I would be shocked if he went to Norman. In the end, I highly doubt he leaves home, but we are making a strong run at him. We've already got Trent Richardson, having the best WR in addition to the 2nd best rb(according to rivals) would just be icing on the cake.

badger
11/18/2008, 01:21 PM
Julio considered us too, but ended up at Bammer :(

My guess is this guy will probably go down the same road... have a top five list when in fact it's really between two or three schools.

Just want your thoughts - do you think giving our Georgia red-haired rapper the boot hurts our SEC country recruiting at all, especially in the Heisman positions?

Note: "Heisman positions" include WR, RB and QB... emphasis on WR in this argument.

snp
11/18/2008, 02:57 PM
Just want your thoughts - do you think giving our Georgia red-haired rapper the boot hurts our SEC country recruiting at all, especially in the Heisman positions?

Note: "Heisman positions" include WR, RB and QB... emphasis on WR in this argument.

Not at all. It freed up an extra scholarship and there's a long line of skill position guys who don't care/know the circumstances with Jarboe. OU just doesn't recruit well in the SEC country, no one else does except SEC/Miami/FSU.

We probably weren't going to land any blue chip QBs or RBs with our current depth. Not being able to get a top flight WR is a bit puzzling. There's still a few targets on the board (McNeil/Burton/Gaines/Randle) and Stokes may be not so solid after Fulmer left. But I just don't get why we couldn't get more interest from any of the top guys.

Sabanball
11/18/2008, 05:07 PM
Not at all. It freed up an extra scholarship and there's a long line of skill position guys who don't care/know the circumstances with Jarboe. OU just doesn't recruit well in the SEC country, no one else does except SEC/Miami/FSU.

We probably weren't going to land any blue chip QBs or RBs with our current depth. Not being able to get a top flight WR is a bit puzzling. There's still a few targets on the board (McNeil/Burton/Gaines/Randle) and Stokes may be not so solid after Fulmer left. But I just don't get why we couldn't get more interest from any of the top guys.

That's probably because you've never had to--you pretty much have always gotten what you needed out of Texas.

snp
11/18/2008, 10:01 PM
That's probably because you've never had to--you pretty much have always gotten what you needed out of Texas.

OU goes after a number of recruits in the SEC area, we just never have success if they have offers from other schools. You'd think with the time Stoops spent at UF he'd have some contacts, but it seems like we've abandoned that area.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 10:32 PM
Frank Alexander and Chris Brown might disagree with that assessment.

LSUdeek
11/18/2008, 11:29 PM
Frank Alexander and Chris Brown might disagree with that assessment.

You didn't mention Nic Harris, but neither of those kids had offers from LSU. I'm also not certain that Frank had one either.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2008, 12:00 AM
You didn't mention Nic Harris, but neither of those kids had offers from LSU. I'm also not certain that Frank had one either.

OK. That's nice. They did, however, have offers from "other schools."

That Rufus Alexander kid was kind of OK as well.

Josh Jarboe was a guy we got out of SEC territory, even though we had to kick him out. He certainly had offers from SEC schools.

Duke Robinson.

Daniel Franklin's another.

Sorry, I'm just listing players from SEC territory that had other schools interested in them that we managed to recruit.

I will agree that it's tougher to pull the kids out of there than most other regions, but I disagree with the thought that OU just ignores the Southland.

snp
11/19/2008, 12:42 AM
OK. That's nice. They did, however, have offers from "other schools."

That Rufus Alexander kid was kind of OK as well.

Josh Jarboe was a guy we got out of SEC territory, even though we had to kick him out. He certainly had offers from SEC schools.

Duke Robinson.

Daniel Franklin's another.

Sorry, I'm just listing players from SEC territory that had other schools interested in them that we managed to recruit.

I will agree that it's tougher to pull the kids out of there than most other regions, but I disagree with the thought that OU just ignores the Southland.

I think what I wrote might have been a little misleading. I meant to imply that Stoops hasn't recruited Florida as much as he had in the past. I never said we ignored the Southland, I said we do recruit there but don't have much success.

Most of the players in your post were either from 4 years ago or had no significant SEC offers. Alex Williams and Tyler Stradford are a couple of more recent names and again, we didn't have any regional competition for them.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2008, 12:44 AM
I think what I wrote might have been a little misleading. I meant to imply that Stoops hasn't recruited Florida as much as he had in the past. I never said we ignored the Southland, I said we do recruit there but don't have much success.

Most of the players in your post were either from 4 years ago or had no significant SEC offers. Alex Williams and Tyler Stradford are a couple of more recent names and again, we didn't have any regional competition for them.

I apologize for misinterpreting your post.

Stradford was initially an Ole Miss commit, was he not?

snp
11/19/2008, 01:31 AM
I apologize for misinterpreting your post.

Stradford was initially an Ole Miss commit, was he not?

There was a lot of drama between Stradford and Southern Miss leading up to NSD. Williams committed to Ole Miss and I think Ogreron got fired and he decided between OU and Michigan State.

Sabanball
11/19/2008, 05:37 PM
OU goes after a number of recruits in the SEC area, we just never have success if they have offers from other schools. You'd think with the time Stoops spent at UF he'd have some contacts, but it seems like we've abandoned that area.

I agree. However, I think he'll continue to try and recruit the Florida panhandle/I-10 corridor, despite the fact he doesn't have many successful pulls from that area. But with it being one of the most talent rich regions in the country, I don't see how a big time program like OU can ignore it.

Sooner_09
11/20/2008, 12:58 AM
Is Randle going to officially visit OU???

OUJAY
11/20/2008, 01:05 AM
Yes, he is taking an official visit to OU this weekend.

Collier11
11/23/2008, 04:56 PM
any word on how it went, this was the best possible game to bring the nations #1 recruit to. Hopefully he is a good kid and he wants to play early

SCxxSOONER
11/23/2008, 05:34 PM
It was definitely a good game to bring him out to, offense looked great, not to mention he could be an early factor at receiver next yr

OUJAY
11/23/2008, 07:56 PM
I would think the thought of being able to catch passes from a great QB like Sam Bradford would be very appealing to a big time WR like Randle. I look foward to reading his comments on his official visit and the game.

TR20
12/3/2008, 09:20 PM
Potentially good news here. Go to 11:45 on the Randy Shannon interview. I think he is referring to Randle as the "big time" recruit. Says that USC, LSU, and Bama are eliminated, and that this prospect is down to Miami and OU. I checked Rivals 100 and the only player that fits the school criteria is Randle.

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

SCxxSOONER
12/3/2008, 09:29 PM
Potentially good news here. Go to 11:45 on the Randy Shannon interview. I think he is referring to Randle as the "big time" recruit. Says that USC, LSU, and Bama are eliminated, and that this prospect is down to Miami and OU. I checked Rivals 100 and the only player that fits the school criteria is Randle.

I certainly hope tis is true, this would top off one of our weaker recruiting classes in the last couple yrs, not to say its not good just not rated as highly.

SCxxSOONER
12/3/2008, 09:30 PM

I certainly hope tis is true, this would top off one of our weaker recruiting classes in the last couple yrs, not to say its not good just not rated as highly.
BOOMER!!

shaun4411
12/10/2008, 07:13 PM
according to rivals, ou is the only official visit he's taken

Sooner_09
12/11/2008, 12:44 AM
He's also Rival's new # 1 overall recruit

OSUFAN11
12/11/2008, 08:42 AM
Rueben Randle told ESPN affiliate Web site TigerGumbo.com that he is keying on, "LSU, Alabama, USC, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State."
Randle currently has only one official visit scheduled, to Oklahoma State on Nov. 29th.

Additionally, the nation's top pass-catcher stated he'll likely wait until much closer to national signing day before making his final decision.

Several other top programs such as Miami-FL, Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame and Mississippi also recruited Randle.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d55140 (click on Nov. 4th archive)

CK Sooner
12/11/2008, 08:49 AM
Rueben Randle told ESPN affiliate Web site TigerGumbo.com that he is keying on, "LSU, Alabama, USC, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State."
Randle currently has only one official visit scheduled, to Oklahoma State on Nov. 29th.

Additionally, the nation's top pass-catcher stated he'll likely wait until much closer to national signing day before making his final decision.

Several other top programs such as Miami-FL, Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee, Notre Dame and Mississippi also recruited Randle.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...ruitId%3d55140 (click on Nov. 4th archive)

OLD

Widescreen
12/11/2008, 10:41 AM

Thanks. Here's an update for you, too.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE3D81E39F937A35751C1A96E9482 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

OSUFAN11
12/11/2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks. Here's an update for you, too.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940DE3D81E39F937A35751C1A96E9482 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

Holy crap....he won? LOL!

shaun4411
12/11/2008, 02:28 PM
I had no idea theyd put a college game in tokyo. interesting.

Dan Thompson
12/11/2008, 07:27 PM
Is it againist NCAA rules for someone like Sam to accompany a coach on a recuriting trip?

sooner518
12/12/2008, 01:25 AM
from hornfans:

In reply to:

Jamarkus McFarland looks like he will come to OU purely because of the BCS. Reuban Randall as well.

HAHAHAHAHAHALLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!

in other words, not happening bro. Maybe JM, no shot at RR. Don't lie to yourself.

LOL, it would be sweet to get both of these guys

Rhino
12/12/2008, 10:12 AM
I seriously doubt we get RR.

CK Sooner
12/13/2008, 08:52 AM
I seriously doubt we get RR.

I heard it was down to OU and Miami?

Rhino
12/13/2008, 05:02 PM
LSU/Alabama. I haven't heard anything about Miami. I think RR to OU is just wishful thinking.

Sabanball
12/20/2008, 09:27 PM
RR made an unofficial visit this weekend to Alabama (along with commit Trent Richardson out of Escambia HS in Florida)to view the bowl game prep. and visit with coaches--you can interpret that any way you want but for a kid to take a 300+mile road trip on his own dime tells me he is at least nearing a decision and may very well be leaning toward signing with Bama. I still think the smart money says he stays home but you never know. I agree with you Rhino--this is coming down to Bama or LSU. It would appear--I stress "APPEAR"--that OU is out of the running for him.

He has an 'official' visit scheduled to Tuscaloosa on 1/16/2009 per Rivals, FWIW, also...

Harry Beanbag
12/21/2008, 10:01 AM
It's almost impossible to get talented skill position players out of SEC country.

badger
1/4/2009, 03:03 PM
It's almost impossible to get talented skill position players out of SEC country.

We had a certain one with red hair last year... you know, until his rap skills became known to all via youtube :rolleyes:

There was a Houston Chron (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/hso/6168538.html) article on how he and McFarland were chummy at the Army game. There's still hope for him to go all Sooner on the SEC :)

(psst... someone clarify - Reuben or Rueben?)

Bosley
1/5/2009, 01:04 AM
I dont know why, but I have a feeling that Bradford's decision to leave or stay will have an impact on Randle's choice on who he wants to catch touchdowns for.

The Maestro
1/5/2009, 05:30 PM

Jarboe and Marcus Dupree.

Maybe we should BANE that practice! :mad:

JLEW1818
1/7/2009, 07:38 PM
i would have to think if bradford stays we got him.

colinreturn
1/8/2009, 12:34 AM
the NY times says Randle said bradford told him hes staying

KingDavid
1/8/2009, 05:45 PM
the NY times says Randle said bradford told him hes staying

linky?

CK Sooner
1/9/2009, 10:08 AM
linky?

Its true.

I saw the article a while back, but I can't seem to dig it up.

pappy
1/9/2009, 06:07 PM
here is the link

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/sports/ncaafootball/03randle.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

tommieharris91
1/9/2009, 07:40 PM
here is the link

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/sports/ncaafootball/03randle.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

From that article:

“This guy, I believe a freshman, he wants me to go to L.S.U.,” Randle said. “If I sign with L.S.U., he’ll pay me. It was just crazy how he just came up there and approached me with something like that.”

I bet Les Miles loves hearing this...

pappy
1/9/2009, 09:08 PM
yeah les has to love that kind of publicity

soonerfan28
1/9/2009, 09:34 PM
If Bradford stayed then does that mean Randle will be playing at OU next year?

Sam Bradford
1/10/2009, 10:11 PM
If Bradford sayed that then does that mean Randle will be playing at OU next year?

No, it doesn't.

snp
1/10/2009, 10:19 PM
If Bradford sayed that then does that mean Randle will be playing at OU next year?

Sayed? I'm not one to be a spelling nazi but I cannot believe you just said that.

And of course Bradford told him he was staying. Almost every player tells every recruit they are coming back.

Sam Bradford
1/10/2009, 10:30 PM
Sayed? I'm not one to be a spelling nazi but I cannot believe you just said that.

http://www.localseoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sein_soup_nazi.jpg

Sam Bradford
1/10/2009, 10:36 PM

http://www.localseoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/sein_soup_nazi.jpg

soonerfan28
1/11/2009, 10:36 AM

And of course Bradford told him he was staying. Almost every player tells every recruit they are coming back.

Can I plead drunk?

Desert Sapper
1/11/2009, 12:41 PM
That NY Times article tells me Randle is going to LSU. I really hope we get him, but I don't remember the last time a top 5 national prospect in Loozianna didn't go to LSU.

snp
1/11/2009, 01:22 PM
That NY Times article tells me Randle is going to LSU. I really hope we get him, but I don't remember the last time a top 5 national prospect in Loozianna didn't go to LSU.

Joe McKnight

Desert Sapper
1/11/2009, 04:23 PM
Joe McKnight

Okay, so go to LSU or go to somebody I hate. Besides McKnight, I can't think of anybody. Tolliver went to LSU last year. Al Woods went to LSU the year before McKnight. Parrylou the year before that, Doucet and Dorsey before that, etc., etc. I don't know. What are our chances with Randle?

snp
1/11/2009, 06:17 PM
Tolliver is from Texas but your point still stands. LSU has built a fence around the whole state and only if LSU doesn't offer will any high end prospects leave the state.

I still think we're chasing LSU and Alabama and I'd **** a brick if he decided to commit to OU.

Desert Sapper
1/12/2009, 10:31 AM
I think I was mixing up Chris and Terrence Tolliver. I think they signed both of them. Anyway, I'm with you. I'd love to see him come here, but I put the odds right up there with us getting Julio Jones last year.

snp
1/15/2009, 09:38 PM
According to a computer formula, we're the team to beat!

http://ssbea.mercer.edu/recruiting.htm

Oklahoma 31.6%
Alabama 29.2%
Oklahoma State 19.4%
LSU 8.8%
Mississippi 3.2%
Georgia 2.7%
Florida State 2.3%
Notre Dame 1.7%
Miami (FL) 1.0%

Hotrod3157
1/15/2009, 09:53 PM
Well good for us I guess. Hope it works out and we actually get him that would be a nice addition to the recruiting class and receiving corps.

KingDavid
1/15/2009, 11:53 PM

Oklahoma 31.6%
Alabama 29.2%
Oklahoma State 19.4%
LSU 8.8%
Mississippi 3.2%
Georgia 2.7%
Florida State 2.3%
Notre Dame 1.7%
Miami (FL) 1.0%

Not sure how credible that can be since it pegged OSU in the top 5 and Miami in last place. OSU got cut (as of today, I believe), while Miami remains in the top 5.

Plus, if I read the formula correctly, these stats do not reflect the upcoming visits to Bama and LSU. We'll slip behind Bama after this weekend, most likely.

Sooner74
1/16/2009, 12:02 AM
Ok sorry but if LSU isn't even top 2 you know something is wrong. This dude might get out of Louisiana, but to say they only have 9% chance is spreading it a bit too thin.

OklahomaTuba
1/16/2009, 12:22 AM
Great, a BCS for recruiting.

heathc
1/16/2009, 09:33 AM
Rivals said he narrowed his list to 5. Who were the five.

BillyBall
1/16/2009, 09:34 AM
Bama, LSU, OU, Miami and Ole Miss.

Beef
1/16/2009, 11:33 AM

Oklahoma 31.6%
Alabama 29.2%
Oklahoma State 19.4%
LSU 8.8%
Mississippi 3.2%
Georgia 2.7%
Florida State 2.3%
Notre Dame 1.7%
Miami (FL) 1.0%

Interesting, but using a computer to predict what a 17/18 yr old is going to do is funny. Unless the computer is predicting they're thinking about tail.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2009, 12:00 PM
It looks moderately accurate. It's whiffed on 4 top 20 predictions so far. I still think Bama and LSU are wayyy in the lead on this kid. Very slim chance that Sam sticking around will sway him, but it's so slim it'll slice you in half if you stand on it.

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:12 PM
Desert, if it was me and I'm at least a little more mature then a 17/18 year old kid then I would want to either go play with a Heisman trophy winner or a proven QB like Jevan Snead. Does anybody know who the QB is going to be for either LSU or Bama? and Bama's #1 receiving option is Julio Jones. Maybe Russell Shepard can talk him in to staying home.

KingDavid
1/16/2009, 12:39 PM
Desert, if it was me and I'm at least a little more mature then a 17/18 year old kid then I would want to either go play with a Heisman trophy winner or a proven QB like Jevan Snead. Does anybody know who the QB is going to be for either LSU or Bama? and Bama's #1 receiving option is Julio Jones. Maybe Russell Shepard can talk him in to staying home.

Ryan Perriloux for LSU, right?;)

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 12:42 PM
Yea I heard he was coming back or maybe he'll be in the draft.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2009, 01:48 PM

I agree with you, and I think that may be the biggest thing we have going for us with him. Still, kids in the Southeast grow up with SEC, SEC, SEC. Personally, I would rather go to OU, because you would have a much better shot of making those weaksauce Big XII defenses look silly than you would of making the all-powerful SEC D look that way. See? We can use this perceived defensive weakness to our advantage, especially when going after offensive players.:D

soonerfan28
1/16/2009, 02:11 PM
That's why I think he heads to Ole Miss, but then again LSU has won 2 NC's in the last 5 years.

heathc
1/19/2009, 10:46 AM
Rivals says he down to 3 after his visit to Alabama this weekend.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2009, 10:50 AM
Rivals says he down to 3 after his visit to Alabama this weekend.

Apparently OU, Bama, and LSU are the three. Still thinking LSU. That's his last official.

heathc
1/19/2009, 02:31 PM
Out of those 3 we are the only school with a proven QB returning. BAMA already has a #1 reciever so he will not get as many balls thrown his way. He could very easily be our #1 guy next year and with Bradford throwing to him could have an outstanding Freshman year. I still think that LSU's QB situation has got to worry a star reciever.

Desert Sapper
1/19/2009, 06:14 PM
Can you say 'Crabtree' part II? Kid could have a monster year with Sammy slinging the rock to him.

picasso
1/19/2009, 06:30 PM
agreed. LSU or OU would be a better choice for his position.

Desert Sapper
1/20/2009, 12:18 AM
It seems like every year we are competing for the '#1 WR in the country' and every year the other team gets him.

Last year it was Julio Jones (Bama).
In '07 it was Terrence Tolliver (LSU).
In '05 it was Derrick Williams (Penn State).
In '04 it was Early Doucet (LSU).

I think we lose yet another to LSU, but maybe we're due. Who knows?

Hotrod3157
1/20/2009, 01:19 PM
It would be great to finally get one. Sam coming back really helps the cause and so does the lack of a proven receiver. Maybe the stars and the moon will line up right and we get him out of SEC country.

Collier11
1/20/2009, 03:57 PM
Lets see...

OU-Heisman winning QB where you will get close to if not more than 1000 yds if you are as good as you are supposed to be

LSU- A soph qb who was up and down but has good potential

Bama-No QB and they dont throw much anyway, plus you have Julio in front of you

pappy
1/27/2009, 08:30 PM
so it looks like the coaching staff is going after an instate wr that is/was an unknown here is is profile on rivals

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=90572

looks pretty good...nice stats for only playing in 7 games as a sr.

I hope they're not going after him b/c they think they're not gonna get randle though.

birddog
1/27/2009, 09:49 PM
wow, that came out of nowhere. randle won't come to OU. he'll stay down south to be glorified and win nothing, then go pro.

pappy
1/27/2009, 11:13 PM
sounds about right

JLEW1818
1/28/2009, 03:37 AM
he visits auburn this weekend i think....signing day is next Wednesday right?

swardboy
1/28/2009, 10:04 AM
Feb 4th....whatever day that is.

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 01:02 PM
Found this on ESPN
Battles
3. Reuben Randle, wide receiver; LSU vs. Alabama vs. Oklahoma vs. Auburn: Considered the No. 1 wideout in the country, Randle is also the top-rated player in the state of Louisiana, and that means it's going to be tough for anyone to get him away from LSU. Last week, Tigers beat writer Glenn Guilbeau wrote a column about why he thought Randle is needed more in Baton Rouge than Tuscaloosa, which I assume didn't sit well with Tide supporters:

"If Randle goes to LSU, he could be Julio Jones all over again if he's that good. LaFell will be the man, but after LaFell at the moment there is not much else at receiver for the Tigers. LaFell was the only elite receiver at LSU last season. Demetrius Byrd never equaled his 2007 promise, and 2008 was his senior year."

Of course if you look at from a Sooner fan's perspective, it's hard to argue that Randle could find a better QB than Sam Bradford to catch passes from in 2009.

Eielson
1/28/2009, 01:40 PM
so it looks like the coaching staff is going after an instate wr that is/was an unknown here is is profile on rivals

I hope they're not going after him b/c they think they're not gonna get randle though.

Am I missing something on him? He averaged 150 yards and 2 touchdowns a game, is 6'3, 215, and runs a 4.53, and is basically unheard of?

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 01:42 PM
Is he really a 4.5 guy? Maybe they're waiting for the Randle sweepstakes.

Eielson
1/28/2009, 02:14 PM
Is he really a 4.5 guy? Maybe they're waiting for the Randle sweepstakes.

I don't know if he is a 4.5 guy, but that's what rivals lists him at. However, rivals isn't always that accurate.

I'm hearing Randall Carroll is unhappy with USC and according to rivals he has a visit to Oklahoma on Friday.

pappy
1/28/2009, 04:53 PM
Am I missing something on him? He averaged 150 yards and 2 touchdowns a game, is 6'3, 215, and runs a 4.53, and is basically unheard of?

He only has stats on there from his sr year so I'm thinking maybe he didn't play football until his sr year and thats why he's off the radar...but honestly I have no idea how someone with those attributes goes under the radar

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 04:54 PM
According to rivals he'll be coming in Friday, but he's got a ton of teams from Pac-10 on there, so it's hard for me to think he'll be a Sooner. Isn't that Pete's son though?;)

soonerfan28
1/28/2009, 04:56 PM
He only has stats on there from his sr year so I'm thinking maybe he didn't play football until his sr year and thats why he's off the radar...but honestly I have no idea how someone with those attributes goes under the radar

Since he's obviously not on OU's radar then I would like to see him head to Tulsa maybe.

Sabanball
1/29/2009, 04:45 PM
RR's high school coach seems to be letting the cat out of the bag in this video. Notice especially at 1:15 into the clip....He's LSU bound.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=4183&nav=menu57_4

LSUdeek
1/29/2009, 05:16 PM
wow, that came out of nowhere. randle won't come to OU. he'll stay down south to be glorified and win nothing, then go pro.

yep, we don't win anything at LSU. :rolleyes:

picasso
1/29/2009, 06:35 PM
http://www.bfi.org.uk/filmtvinfo/library/eventsexh/images/rooster-cogburn.jpg
"Rueueueueueueben."

soonerboy_odanorth
1/29/2009, 06:42 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't care if we get Randle or not? I for one like the way Tyrece Gaines (sorry if I butchered the spelling) passes the eye test. He looks ready-made to step on the field.... kind of an Adarious Bowman body... big receiver that can go over the middle. Anyway, just a thought...

soonerfan28
1/29/2009, 07:11 PM
Gaines has narrowed it to OU Oregon and Ole Miss. The other two schools have proven QB's as do we. You never know how Nike can convince you to come play in an offense where they like to run, but I hope we get him.

soonerfan28
1/30/2009, 11:12 AM
According to the Tulsa World Stoops was in Randle's house last night trying to convince him to sign with the Sooners.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/extra/article.aspx?subjectID=92&tab=ou&articleid=20090130_92_B5_hOUrec678355

Coach Bob Stoops was in Bastrop, La., on Thursday night, for an in-home visit to Rueben Randle, the nation's No. 1 high school wide receiver — and Rivals.com's No. 2 overall player — in a late attempt to convince Randle to play next season with Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford instead of LSU. Stoops spent Wednesday in Las Vegas, presumably visiting Chaisson as well as future prospects. A scheduled Thursday visit to Los Angeles (WR Randall Carroll) was canceled, and a Friday visit was scheduled in St. Louis, where Terry Hawthorne, Parade Magazine's top WR prospect, is strongly considering OU and Illinois.

oudivesherpa
1/30/2009, 08:17 PM
Rivals "Experts" think Randle is going to LSU.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=901193

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/30/2009, 11:36 PM
Since he's obviously not on OU's radar then I would like to see him head to Tulsa maybe.

so you would have passed on iglesias and mark clayton who were also unheard of? mark clayton didn't even make the texas top 100 and 5-10 of the last 100 didn't make it D1.

Collier11
1/30/2009, 11:42 PM
for those of you who forget what our coaches are capable of, Mark Clayton came to OU at 165lbs or something like that, ran a 4.6-4.7, and couldnt bench 100lbs or something like that, I wouldnt doubt them or Big Daddy Schmidt

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/31/2009, 02:59 AM
for those of you who forget what our coaches are capable of, Mark Clayton came to OU at 165lbs or something like that, ran a 4.6-4.7, and couldnt bench 100lbs or something like that, I wouldnt doubt them or Big Daddy Schmidt

try 4.9

it was one of the more interesting buzzes coming from practice - how the 4.9 kid was tearing up the defense and looked just as fast on the field as the 4.4 will peoples. if only they would have nabbed the other 4.9 kid they were looking at that year - wes welker.

soonerfan28
1/31/2009, 11:40 AM
so you would have passed on iglesias and mark clayton who were also unheard of? mark clayton didn't even make the texas top 100 and 5-10 of the last 100 didn't make it D1.

My point is that if OU isn't going to offer hime since they haven't then it's always nice to see a kid like that wind up at Tulsa. Clayton and Iglesias were both on OU's radar and they weren't late additions to the class.

sooner13f
1/31/2009, 12:02 PM
Iglesias was a late addition. The only person on OU radar from Killeen that year was Roy Miller that went to UT.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/1/2009, 12:18 AM
My point is that if OU isn't going to offer hime since they haven't then it's always nice to see a kid like that wind up at Tulsa. Clayton and Iglesias were both on OU's radar and they weren't late additions to the class.

for a long time, OU offered its sleepers early. then mack started waiting for us and then jumping on them. after that, they started offering them late. of course, to my knowledge we've never offered someone this late.

KingDavid
2/3/2009, 05:29 PM
yep, we don't win anything at LSU. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's about right Deek. Y'all won't win jack until Les Miles leaves or his "dice" get freakishly hot again.

It could happen, though. You might also win the lottery.

KingDavid
2/3/2009, 05:36 PM

Man among boys in that video. Unbelievable that a talent like that doesn't have a D1 scholarship offer yet. Something doesn't add up.

Our coaches have an uncanny ability to locate under-the-radar recruits and sign them in the last minute. This kid looks like a real diamond-in-the-rough.

LSUdeek
2/3/2009, 05:41 PM
Yep, that's about right Deek. Y'all won't win jack until Les Miles leaves or his "dice" get freakishly hot again.

This is your board, so I'll let it lie here.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hella Sideburns
2/4/2009, 12:22 AM
not to get anyone's hopes up unnecessarily (i dont believe it myself), but the randle to OU stuff is heating up

Rhino
2/4/2009, 02:09 AM
Yep. But he may drag this thing out past tomorrow. It's an OU/LSU race, fellas.

Optimistic on at least one other front as well.

sooner518
2/4/2009, 08:34 AM

youre so coy! man I hope we get him.

I have a job interview today and Im going to miss out on all the signing day biz. you better believe Ill be checking my phone whenever possible

starrca23
2/4/2009, 09:11 AM
Rhino, other front as in another player as well?

trwxxa
2/4/2009, 09:24 AM

Or when the MNC is in New Orleans:(

C'mon Rueben. Do the right thing.

Rhino
2/4/2009, 09:29 AM
Rhino, other front as in another player as well? Yep. We'll know soon enough.

BillyBall
2/4/2009, 09:42 AM
If we get either Randle, Evans, or Hawthorne today I will be happy.

primetime43
2/4/2009, 10:16 AM
Last night I heard Rueben Randle's father is really upset with LSU calling them liars. It didn't sound like he wants him to go to LSU at all. Keep your fingers crossed!

starrca23
2/4/2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks Rhino, I feel stupid cause I am almost as excited as my daughter when I pulled her out of school early to see High School Musical 3.

LSUdeek
2/4/2009, 10:48 AM

Benton signed with Auburn today, removing one obstacle for Randle to LSU.

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 10:56 AM
Someone should have told Mr. Randle that last night before he busted on LSUser.

Now he can't go to the molestor.

LSUdeek
2/4/2009, 11:08 AM
Someone should have told Mr. Randle that last night before he busted on LSUser.

Now he can't go to the molestor.

I think it was told to Mr. Randle. It looks like LSU may have pulled Benton's scholarship at the last minute to ensure Randle.

Also, Mr Randle was not quoted as of last night, it was more like yesterday morning. Plenty of time to rectify the situation.

LSUdeek
2/4/2009, 11:31 AM
Bama coaches have been contacted and advised that RR will sign with LSU.

Rhino
2/4/2009, 11:37 AM
Not much of a shock. Randle was a lock to LSU once they pulled Benton's scholly this morning.

badger
2/4/2009, 11:52 AM
So LSU pulled their offer to Benton? That's too bad that LSU had to break one promise to fulfill another. Or was it Benton who pulled out on his verbal to LSU. If so, that stuff has to drive a coach nuts.

In any event, I'm glad he just considered us, considering the football-craziness that is Louisiana as of late.That kid's family would have eaten alive if he hadn't caved to all of the fans there. He probably made the best decision he could for his family.

Of course, if he were to drop the game winning touchdown pass versus Bammer or Ole Miss or something... you know... you're in the same boat is if you just signed with da debil Nick Satan.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:06 PM
HE is going to make his decision at 12:30 central time

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/wire.asp

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:10 PM
if you wanna watch check it out

http://www.justin.tv/rushvsn

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 01:12 PM
It's hard for me to see why he would go to LSU with the QB situation here and there, but I'm not going to hate a kid for choosing to go where he wants. I hope he changes his mind in the next 15 minutes and signs OU's letter. If not good luck at LSU.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:16 PM
YOU NEVER KNOW!!!!!! I just wanna make sure Jarvis Jones does not go to texas

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 01:19 PM
They just mentioned Randle's decision coming up in about 12 minutes on ESPN.

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:22 PM
yep i'm watching on justin tv right now

badger
2/4/2009, 01:30 PM
Are we there yet?
Are we three yet?
Rae we three yet?
Raw ee three tye?
Raw ee threet ye?
Aw ree threet ye?
Aw ere threet ye?
Aw eer threet ye?
Aweer three tye?
Awweer thrree tye?
Awweer threre tye?
Awweer three rtye?
Awweer three trye?
Aw, we're three tier?

so anxious for the announcement! well, that killed a minute...

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:38 PM
i'm still not seeing anything yet

Hella Sideburns
2/4/2009, 01:43 PM
jarvis jones to usc? dammit

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:45 PM
yep

Clobby
2/4/2009, 01:53 PM
As per ESPNU and that Justin website, Randle just committed to LSU, damn :(

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 01:54 PM
Randle to LSU

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 02:10 PM
I've still yet to see it, but all these blogs/chats say he committed. To bad his QB Sheppard can't throw for ****, I've watched him live.

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 02:11 PM
Rhino talked about a surprise. Any chance we still get Randall Carroll or Marlon Brown? Neither have signed yet.

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 02:21 PM
Well Cameron Kenney is college ready, Randel would have sat the bench this year :)

sooner59
2/4/2009, 02:22 PM
jarvis jones to usc? dammit

They can have him. We really don't need another defensive right now. We weren't really even recruiting him.

Rhino
2/4/2009, 02:28 PM
Rhino talked about a surprise. Any chance we still get Randall Carroll or Marlon Brown? Neither have signed yet. I didn't say anything about a 'surprise'. The Randle situation looked good for us last night because they were pissed about LSU bringing in Benton. LSU pulled Benton's scholly this morning and the rest if history.

Evans' father thought he would choose OU today. Didn't happen.

More than likely, the 2009 class is done.

LSUdeek
2/4/2009, 02:35 PM
Mike S. from tigerbait.com is reporting that Benton's scholarship was not pulled. I guess we will have to wait to find out exactly what happened. If true, that makes me feel somewhat better about the integrity of the coaching staff.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2009, 02:40 PM
I didn't say anything about a 'surprise'. The Randle situation looked good for us last night because they were pissed about LSU bringing in Benton. LSU pulled Benton's scholly this morning and the rest if history.

More than likely, the 2009 class is done.I haven't yet seen where marcus Trice has signed and faxed.

soonerfan28
2/4/2009, 02:40 PM
I didn't say anything about a 'surprise'. The Randle situation looked good for us last night because they were pissed about LSU bringing in Benton. LSU pulled Benton's scholly this morning and the rest if history

More than likely, the 2009 class is done.

I went back and looked and you just said that there was optimism on another front.

MojoRisen
2/4/2009, 02:44 PM
Mike S. from tigerbait.com is reporting that Benton's scholarship was not pulled. I guess we will have to wait to find out exactly what happened. If true, that makes me feel somewhat better about the integrity of the coaching staff.

I would say so, if Benton was good enough to almost scare Randle away, I would not be pulling his scholly just because the other kid is afraid he may loose some PT.

With that said, I don't think Randle would have pushed Owens, Broyles & Miller or Kenney for that matter - to the point where those guys wouldn't be getting a lot of PT.

badger
2/4/2009, 02:46 PM
If true, that makes me feel somewhat better about the integrity of the coaching staff.

Granted, I have spent less than a week within the state line of Louisiana, but from my limited knowledge of college football, I would assume...

1- Benton had the same concerns about playing time that the Randle family did.
2- Fan pressure may have been on Benton close to home, which caused him to rethink his LSU commitment and go as far away from Louisiana as possible.
3- LSU coaches chose Randle over Benton and without yanking the scholarship offer, and told him as much, either directly or indirectly

It is also possible that after reading how much LSU desired Randle that Benton felt a little bit shunned. The same thing kind of happened a few years ago at USC when DeSean Jackson chose Cal over lifelong favorite USC because of Patrick Turner's recruitment by Pete Carroll.

Fan pressure seems to be worse in the SEC than any other conference. You hear about Archie Manning getting an earfull from Ole Miss fans for letting his son Peyton defect to Tennessee. Joe McKnight leaving Louisiana for USC was an unforgivable sin in fan's eyes. When the top recruit from Tennessee left the state for Alabama a few years back, Phil Fulmer (anonymously, hehe) blew the whistle to the NCAA on them.

Playing time seems to be an influence on recruits more than anything else this year, resulting in numerous de-commitments. Players now seem to see the value in the ability to play right away over the opportunity to play for national championships... you know, for NFL potential. To the master recruiters, you can claim that the national championship stage and NFL potential go hand in hand, but to the teenage five star recruit, opposing non-championship coaches (*cough* Rick Neuheisel *cough*) the pitch of playing time is something that can cause a teen's mind to wander.

Rhino
2/4/2009, 02:47 PM
I haven't yet seen where marcus Trice has signed and faxed. Word is that it's just a technicality in the paperwork. Something about a co-signer. He's all Sooner though.

I went back and looked and you just said that there was optimism on another front. Yep. I was talking about Evans.

SoonersEnFuego
2/4/2009, 03:31 PM
Oh well, the thing about these "top" recruits is they start getting a big head.

Something we don't need at the WR position right now. We need guys getting out there and fighting for their jobs. (IE: Catching every ball thrown to them...cough, cough, Iglesias, cough....)

JLEW1818
2/4/2009, 03:35 PM
basically les miles is a dbag, either way you look at it, in general.

badger
2/4/2009, 04:32 PM
basically les miles is a dbag, either way you look at it, in general.

Les Miles a few years ago in front of boosters after signing day...

"So five from Texas... We took four from Florida. We took two from Alabama. You bet your *** ... BET YOUR ***!

He allegedly called Nick Saban "the devil," according to Louisiana native Luther Davis, which is something I do on here all the time (when I'm not calling him "Nick Satan"), so I'm not faulting him for it... except for that I did in a jesting manner anonymously on a sports forum, not to a person I'm trying to convince from a role model perspective how to spend the next four-five years of their life receiving an education and preparing to be a professional.

He reflects the very worst in LSU fandom in every way. It would not surprise me in the least if he hung up on recruits that chose rival SEC schools by chanting "Tigah bait! Tigah bait!"

...if that ever actually does happen, I hope the recruit records the conversation, posts it to Youtube and then someone posts the link here so we can all giggle as he lets er rip :D

Rhino
2/5/2009, 01:35 AM
Mike S. from tigerbait.com is reporting that Benton's scholarship was not pulled. I guess we will have to wait to find out exactly what happened. If true, that makes me feel somewhat better about the integrity of the coaching staff. .

Receivers: Randle decides to stay home and sign with LSU (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiting/football/2009-02-04-receivers_N.htm)
02/04/09
By Glenn Guilbeau, Gannett News Service

BATON ROUGE — LSU might have bumped one receiver to make more room for the signing of the No. 1 receiver in the nation Wednesday.

After coach Les Miles said he removed a scholarship offer to former Bastrop (La.) High receiver DeAngelo Benton, he signed with Auburn on Wednesday morning. Benton had said Tuesday that he would sign with LSU.

Then, Rueben Randle of Bastrop signed a letter of intent with LSU on Wednesday afternoon.

"I looked at DeAngelo and made some hard, fast decisions with him, and I wish him the very best," Miles said. "I want him to go on and have a great career. I'm for him. I don't know exactly how that affected anybody else's signing with us."

Benton, the No. 7 receiver in the nation in the 2006-07 recruiting season, signed with LSU in 2007 and 2008 but didn't qualify academically. He visited LSU over the weekend and appeared close to being academically eligible, according to Bastrop coach Brad Bradshaw.

After Benton's morning signing with Auburn, Randle chose LSU over Alabama and Oklahoma in front of a packed house at the Bastrop High gym.

"He's the most highly recruited football player we have ever had," Bradshaw said. "But he's also academically qualified. That's a tribute to his family."

Randle (6-3, 195) had 55 catches for 1,058 yards and 11 touchdowns for 4A state champ Bastrop in 2007. He played quarterback in '08 because of depth issues.

KingDavid
2/5/2009, 03:08 AM
Wow. Just Wow.

How you feeling about the integrity of ole Lester now, Deek?

I'd have to say this puts a bit of a tarnish on RR, as well, does it not?

KingDavid
2/5/2009, 03:13 AM
Well folks, I actually updated my Open Letter to Reuben Randle early this morning, but didn't update it here on the site for everyone to see. I apologize if I chased the guy away. It was kind of just a joke. I didn't even think he'd really read the damn thing.

Well, my bad anyway. Here's what I sent him around 8am or so:

Dear Rueben Randle,

Here's the deal, man.

We have one returning starter at WR (Ryan Broyles) who'll likely be a pre-season all Big XII selection. We also have three running backs that can work effectively in the slot (Demarco Murray, Mossis Madu, and Justin Johnson). And then we have the top tight end in the nation, who we frequently split out wide or in the slot to get him in space - or really just to get him the ball however and whenever possible.

On top of that, you need to know that we have a couple of uber-talented WR's from last year's recruiting class (Jameel Owens, Dejuan Miller), not to mention some gifted and more experienced upper-classmen in Adron Tunnell, Brandon Caleb, and Corey Wilson . . . all of whom are chomping at the bit to get on the field and start making plays.

And then, of course, we have a couple of very strong recruits coming in from this year's class, including an extremely talented JUCO receiver (Cameron Kenney) who many feel will have a shot to become the next big-time Sooner wide-out.

So dude, we just want to be up front and let you know that you're going to have to compete to get on the field here, and even then, it might be hard to get you the ball with so much talent at the other skill positions. What's more, I gotta let you know that we're building a winner here in Norman, so we just can't afford to go chasing off your potential competition just to make you feel better about the depth chart.

In short, I guess what I'm saying is that you probably would be better off going to some place like LSU.

Yours truly,

KingDavid

Neg me all you like. I deserve it. But who knows? Maybe we'll be better off without him?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

RacerX
2/5/2009, 07:45 AM
Wow. Just Wow.

It's Leslie.

Desert Sapper
2/5/2009, 02:17 PM
Well folks, I actually updated my Open Letter to Reuben Randle early this morning, but didn't update it here on the site for everyone to see. I apologize if I chased the guy away. It was kind of just a joke. I didn't even think he'd really read the damn thing.

Well, my bad anyway. Here's what I sent him around 8am or so:

Neg me all you like. I deserve it. But who knows? Maybe we'll be better off without him?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That **** is pure brilliance. :D

I personally hope he does well at LSU. I just hope LSU loses 5-10 games next year. Nothing against the LSU fans. I just hate, absolutely hate leslie miles. Dude is one of the slimiest ****bags I've ever heard of. And he had the nuts to call Saban the devil? Compared to how leslie handled this Reuben Randle bull****, Saban looks like a saint.

LSUdeek
2/5/2009, 05:55 PM
Wow. Just Wow.

Not real well, but the Janzen Jackson situation probably tips the scales back even. Karma is a bitch.

That all depends. There have been rumblings that he and Benton can't stand each other. If that's the case.... I know I wouldn't want to be running drills every day in practice next to a cat I can't stand. Regardless, DB was an academic risk after being a nonqualifier for 2 consecutive years prior and still not yet cleared by the NCAA. We got the right one.

LSUdeek
2/5/2009, 05:58 PM
Saban looks like a saint.

It can be argued that every single championship SEC coach is covered in sh*t. Questionable recruiting tactics are what it takes to pull in the top classes in this league. It's why we are winning championships.

Desert Sapper
2/5/2009, 06:39 PM
It can be argued that every single championship SEC coach is covered in sh*t. Questionable recruiting tactics are what it takes to pull in the top classes in this league. It's why we are winning championships.

I think the Championships are a result of the overall talent level of everybody in your league (ie; if you survive...), not the questionable integrity of the recruiter. Great players will come to LSU. Great players will come to UF. And so on and so forth. There are just a plethora of great players in the Southeast. Lying and stabbing people in the back for that one HS recruit will not make or break your team. I don't care how good Randle is.

And leslie was a slimy conniving SOB long before he got to LSU. I don't hate him because of this ****. I just hate him. Pretty much everything about him. Period.

JLEW1818
2/5/2009, 07:02 PM
who u hate more

Leslie, petey, or uncle mack

Sabanball
2/5/2009, 07:36 PM
With all due respect to my crimson brethren, I don't think OU was in the mix at the end.

Miles HAD to get RR, even if it meant he had to jettison Benton to do so--he could not risk RR going to Bama. I think that's what happened. RR's father used that as leverage and Miles did what he had to do. Otherwise, no way Benton goes to Auburn.

Also, Benton has tried not once, but twice to qualify already and has been unable to do so both times. No guarantee that he'll ever play a down on the plains anyway.

Rhino
2/6/2009, 01:13 AM
With all due respect to Alabama, I don't think the Tide was in the mix at the end.

2/6/2009, 01:48 AM
With all due respect to Alabama, I don't think the Tide was in the mix at the end.Gotta wonder what kind of thrill the non-Sooners get out of hanging out here, anyway...

LoyalFan
2/6/2009, 05:31 AM
Ferthuhluvvapete! Can we quit all this Pokeyesque/aTm-ish obsessing over one...ONE...guy most of us knew from Day One we weren't gonna get? Instead, howzabout some positive gushing over the great players we DID get now that the LOIs are signed, sealed, and faxed?
I'm wondering what an impressionable young WR recruit, now committed to OU, is gonna think if he reads all this man-crushery over Woobin Wandle; "Gee, I guess they took me only 'cause they couldn't get the guy they REALLY wanted."
Geez!

LF

Widescreen
2/6/2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, you people. Quit discussing stuff! Now!

sooner518
2/6/2009, 10:34 AM
who u hate more

Leslie, petey, or uncle mack

1a. Leslie
1b. Petey
2. Mack

LSUdeek
2/6/2009, 11:07 AM
Gotta wonder what kind of thrill the non-Sooners get out of hanging out here, anyway...

I wonder why it is that these posts keep getting made. You want us to leave?

LoyalFan
2/6/2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, you people. Quit discussing stuff! Now!

Right! ('cept for fine shotguns, premium whisky, bassboats, and compliant females.)
Great minds warp alike.

LF

Sabanball
2/6/2009, 06:48 PM
With all due respect to Alabama, I don't think the Tide was in the mix at the end.

Obviously, he signed with LSU. He was an LSU lean all along--everyone has acknowledged that.

Sabanball
2/6/2009, 06:49 PM
deleted

Sabanball
2/6/2009, 06:52 PM
Gotta wonder what kind of thrill the non-Sooners get out of hanging out here, anyway...

What Deek said.

2/6/2009, 07:19 PM
I wonder why it is that these posts keep getting made. You want us to leave?I am usually not particularly pleased to read most posts from non-Sooners on the Sooner message boards. I would think you guys would get more enjoyment out of discoursing with your own fan base. I don't think I would miss you if you did leave. Nothing personally against you. Just that I enjoy posts from
the Sooner fan base a lot more than those who are rooting for someone else.

BoulderSooner79
2/6/2009, 07:19 PM
I doubt OU or Bama were seriously in the running for Randle. He could have just wanted to get some assurances from LSU while he had the leverage. I can't blame Miles for pulling the offer on Benton - he was obviously going to be a grade risk for his remaining eligibility. I could see a coach giving up on a player just for that reason alone and putting the scholly back in the pool. Now if Benton had been a strong student, it would have been a crappy thing to do.

LSUdeek
2/24/2009, 04:43 PM
I am usually not particularly pleased to read most posts from non-Sooners on the Sooner message boards. I would think you guys would get more enjoyment out of discoursing with your own fan base. I don't think I would miss you if you did leave. Nothing personally against you. Just that I enjoy posts from
the Sooner fan base a lot more than those who are rooting for someone else.

I have 6000 posts on tigerforums and 3000 on tigerdroppings.

Again, where's the beef? Do you work with anyone of a different ethnic persuasion? Do you ask them why it is they don't work with others of their own persuasion?

picasso
2/24/2009, 05:26 PM
I'm glad you guys are around here but I'm not getting the use of one's ethniticity in thissin here argument.

2/24/2009, 05:35 PM
I'm glad you guys are around here but I'm not getting the use of one's ethniticity in thissin here argument.Nor do I. I asked the non-Sooners why they post here, but didn't really see an answer from any of them.