PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

soonerboomer93
11/6/2008, 01:08 AM
Interesting show

The crazy brunette is right up my street (which probably explains why I'm still single)

Czar Soonerov
11/6/2008, 02:56 AM
I knew bar owner dude was gonna turn out to be a werewolf. Aren't werewolves & vamps sworn enemies or something? I'm thinking Sookie is some kind of hunter ala Buffy or something.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 08:37 AM
ya know Czar, I thought the same thing, but we've seen Sam in scenes WITH the dog before, and no AS the dog, plus, it was that dog that basically saved Bill by alerting Sookie to the d-bags that were trying to kill him early on.

Do you think they just messed up, or is there more to it than just werewolf.

yermom
11/6/2008, 08:44 AM
i don't think werewolf is the right word

it did seem like there were previous scenes that eliminated the possibility of him being the dog

and i'm with sb93 :O

frankensooner
11/6/2008, 10:00 AM
I wonder if Sam takes regular flea baths?

Great show. I think the black friend is the one killing everybody. Her "Demon" is making her do it.

OU4LIFE
11/6/2008, 10:04 AM
good theory...black chick is crazy.

I thought there was a connection with Sam and the dog, but there's been scenes with Sam and the dog, and in one the dog didn't seem to care for Sam, and in the other he's laying right next to him.

I should read the novels.

soonerboomer93
11/6/2008, 11:02 AM
he's a shapeshifter I would guess, which are different from werewolves?

I didn't realize there were novels, I'll have to check it out

SteelCitySooner
11/6/2008, 11:06 AM
My wife is addicted to the novels. She read all 7 of them in the past 2 weeks. She said the show deviates slightly from the novels but so far its running pretty close to it. And Sam isn't a werewolf. ;)

soonerboomer93
11/6/2008, 11:07 AM
and i'm with sb93 :O

I was pretty sure you'd have my back on that one...

hellogoodbye
11/6/2008, 11:11 AM
My wife is addicted to the novels. She read all 7 of them in the past 2 weeks. She said the show deviates slightly from the novels but so far its running pretty close to it. And Sam isn't a werewolf. ;)

funny enough same here. It is hooking me in though. Don't want to give it away but stay tuned, it should get interesting!

Frozen Sooner
11/6/2008, 12:29 PM
Sam is not a werewolf.

The dog and Sam are definitely connected.

frankensooner
11/6/2008, 12:36 PM
Nobody has yet mentioned the Theme Song. Bad Things by Jace Everett.

Best Theme Song EVAR!

royalfan5
5/4/2010, 07:27 PM
I'm glad I finally started watching this show. It has the right amounts of ridiculousness and nudity.

Chuck Bao
5/4/2010, 07:54 PM
This is one of my all-time favorite TV series. Take that anyone who says that British TV is superior to American TV.

I love the True Blood characters and the plot twists. HBO Asia hasn't even started with the second season here yet, but don't worry about spoilers because I love spoilers. Besides, I will definitely have to start reading the books.

King Crimson
5/4/2010, 08:01 PM
i'm all for nudity, but i lost interest in Season 2. kind of ridiculous. Suki/"save the cheerleader" is really annoying.

Chuck Bao
5/4/2010, 08:17 PM
Well, it is still probably better than that Twilight second movie. Nope and I just watched the second movie DVD dubbed in Thai language. His conclusion was that vampires are good. Werewolves good. That Bella chick is a psycho bitch that will wind up getting someone killed. Yeah, I bought all of the books and only made it 3/4 through the second book and that was all I could take of that tortured teenage angst. True Blood is at least a little more mature in its totally over the top plot.

sooner ngintunr
5/4/2010, 08:49 PM
Well, it is still probably better than that Twilight second movie.

Probably? That 2nd movie sucked donkey ballz. True Blood is freeking awesome!

soonerbrat
5/5/2010, 03:32 PM
Sam is not a werewolf.

Sam is a shapeshifter..he can become any animal that is in the vicinity.

Crucifax Autumn
5/5/2010, 07:17 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting the new season. This one should have a lot of interesting happenings. It's one of the few shows on TV that I like that's not been cancelled and is in no dnager of being cancelled.

It kinda sucks knowing that this:

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID15200/images/Charlaine_Harris.JPG

Is the mind behind these characters and situations.

My Opinion Matters
5/6/2010, 09:20 AM
It's a completely ridiculous and implausible show, but I actually enjoy it.

ouleaf
5/6/2010, 12:45 PM
Me likely the red headed girl that plays Jessica on the show. she's purty.

http://www.watchtruebloodseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/true_blood-jessica-deborah_ann_woll1-300x300.jpg.

King Crimson
6/12/2010, 02:51 PM
problem with the show is fourfold:

1. they took an interesting premise (the incorporation of Vamps into society, in the deep bayou).....and swerved too quickly into making the "other" into a sympathetic group.

2. (or 1b): was too saccharine to turn it into a "race" or "outsiders because they are different" analogy....because it WAS in the South.

3. season 2 sucked, the dionysis cult was lame....and made the Vamps "friendlies" since there was someone else to hate on.

4. anytime you have to go to the "pretend being dead for a little while to fool the bad guys" trope....you've jumped the shark. Yes, I'm looking at you Battlestar Gallactica.

Frozen Sooner
6/13/2010, 06:58 AM
Sam is a shapeshifter..he can become any animal that is in the vicinity.

I wasn't under the impression that he was even limited in that way.

And I know. ;) I was trying not to give that away.

ouleaf
6/14/2010, 11:46 AM
Welp....Season 3 debuted last night. Thoughts anyone?

I thought it was just okay. Picked up where last season ended and basically used this episode to set up the many different story lines for this season.

Definitely loved all the promos for the other HBO series coming this summer and fall. Entourage, Eastbound and Down, Boardwalk Empire, and Bored to Death among others

yermom
6/14/2010, 11:51 AM
i missed the one for Eastbound and Down

that **** is awesome :D

ouleaf
6/14/2010, 12:04 PM
i missed the one for Eastbound and Down

that **** is awesome :D

Yeah the first couple of episodes of season 1 were pretty meh, but then it just got funnier and funnier after that. I was worried it was gonna get cancelled so I was glad to hear they were bringing it back.

Czar Soonerov
6/15/2010, 05:09 AM
This is a True Blood thread people!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4779/stayontopicstayontopic6.jpg (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/stayontopicstayontopic6.jpg/)

Czar Soonerov
6/15/2010, 05:10 AM
I knew bar owner dude was gonna turn out to be a werewolf. Aren't werewolves & vamps sworn enemies or something? I'm thinking Sookie is some kind of hunter ala Buffy or something.

Ya, whatever buddy...

Frozen Sooner
6/15/2010, 05:40 AM
Ya, whatever buddy...

Most definitely not a werewolf.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/15/2010, 11:12 AM
Sam is not a werewolf.

Dude.

That's sick.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yUWM_8Yl8Zo/0.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
6/15/2010, 02:27 PM
I thought the season opener was great as a setup for the rest of the season.

GKeeper316
6/15/2010, 02:33 PM
ya i thought it was a great episode, and set up nicely for the rest of the season...

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 03:36 PM
And you freaks give me **** about Harry Potter.

GKeeper316
6/15/2010, 03:40 PM
And you freaks give me **** about Harry Potter.

not me... those are great stories imo.

the last HP movie would be 100 times better if little hermione would get nekkid as sookie, tho.

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking a 3-way with Hermione, Ginny, and Bellatrix LeStrange.

GKeeper316
6/15/2010, 03:51 PM
mmmm i gotta go with the little asian chick with the scottish accent.

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 03:53 PM
Cho Chang. We make love now GI.

soonerboomer93
6/15/2010, 03:55 PM
mmmm i gotta go with the little asian chick with the scottish accent.

+1

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 04:00 PM
No love for Luna Lovegood?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/15/2010, 04:15 PM
Luna Lovegood? Seriously?

Would it still be hot if her name was Root McThrobbindong?

C&CDean
6/15/2010, 04:23 PM
Don't act like you don't know anything about Looney Lovegood.

ouleaf
6/28/2011, 10:50 AM
Season 4 kicked off a few days ago....I've never read the books, so I don't know if it is in line with those or not, but I like what they did in that what was only a few minutes away for Sookie was actually a year for everyone else. It was kind of a clever way to change up or give new story lines for each of the other main characters. Could make for an interesting season.

WichitaSooner
6/28/2011, 12:48 PM
Season 4 kicked off a few days ago....I've never read the books, so I don't know if it is in line with those or not, but I like what they did in that what was only a few minutes away for Sookie was actually a year for everyone else. It was kind of a clever way to change up or give new story lines for each of the other main characters. Could make for an interesting season.

That and the hot lesbian scene ALMOST makes up for all the manlove...

hawaii 5-0
6/28/2011, 10:08 PM
I just love the way Bill says, "Sook-ah".

5-0

Trump/ Eric 2012

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 02:41 AM

Seen both the new episodes (next weeks is out on HBOGo if you didnt know). They sort of follow the books for their overarching story, but there are very significant departures already. For example in the books Lafayette is dead a long, long time ago.

I'm not sure if I like this season yet and the TV take on the book story arcs yet or not. I thought the opening fairy world thing kinda sucked.

GKeeper316
6/29/2011, 04:09 AM
I thought the opening fairy world thing kinda sucked.

you shoulda burned a fatty before you watched it :P

best part was crystal's bewbies. i like perky :D

SoonerBorn
6/29/2011, 10:14 AM
I thought the opening fairy world thing kinda sucked.

My wife's comment was that it looked like a bad Stargate SG1 episode.

The Profit
6/29/2011, 10:18 AM
I liked the Queen Mab character. I believe Shakespeare created Queen Mab in Romeo and Juliet.

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 11:12 AM
HBO Asia probably won't start True Blood season 4 for at least another 3-4 months since they haven't even begun to advertise it. You guys keep up the comments about the episodes.

Maybe, I just need my True Blood fix. Anyway, I found this interview with Anna Paquin quite amusing. This is genius PR for a series that is more than a bit odd. I mean really...fairy princess bi-sexual actress doesn't mind if fans (female or male) of lead vampire actor husband want him to bite them!

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/06/28/Anna_Paquin_on_Her_Husbands_Gay_Fans_and_Prejudice _Against_Bisexuals/

...An Academy Award–winner for her film debut in 1993's The Piano, Paquin surprised many last year while filming a public service announcement for Cyndi Lauper's LGBT equality org True Colors Fund by revealing she is bisexual. "Frankly, no one had ever asked me before... There is a lot of prejudice against us but the more people talk about it, the less of a deal it will be. Who people choose to sleep with — or spend their lives with — shouldn't matter, not that anyone particularly cares who I'm attracted to."

The actress (playing Sookie Stackhouse) also discusses the aggressive fans of husband Stephen Moyer, who plays vampire Bill Compton on the series. "There is probably something wrong with me, but I find it amusing to watch these men and women fawn all over him," Paquin says. "It's not like anyone is really trying to do anything inappropriate. They just want him to hug them ... or for him to bite them."

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 11:17 AM
Is this show good?

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 11:30 AM
Is this show good?

NO, NOT FOR YOU! HBO Asia runs a very big disclaimer before each episode airs that it is not suitable for all audiences due to the mature subject matter, including violence and sexual nature of its content, and parental discretion is advised.

Maybe I need to put a disclaimer on all my posts here.