PDA

View Full Version : What did we ever do to this guy?

kevpks
11/5/2008, 10:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark1103

His breakdown is pretty dumb. I don't care if he predicts that we'll be in the National Title game but he acts like it is not even a possibility. Plus, he lists Tebow, Zac Robinson and the freakin Northwestern QB as the "precision passers" for the week and not Bradford. Is the consistency of Bradford's stats too boring for these people or what?

madillsoonerfan5353
11/5/2008, 11:06 PM
:pop:

Lots of ball yet to be played! Big Easy could still hit the sophomore slump everyone (excluding me) was worried about! ;)

MiccoMacey
11/5/2008, 11:09 PM
Not only that, but on the Heisman watch, Sam's dropped considerably.

Not that I think he should win it, but since when does throwing for 5 TDs get considered as not on the rise?

setem
11/5/2008, 11:17 PM
:pop:

Lots of ball yet to be played! Big Easy could still hit the sophomore slump everyone (excluding me) was worried about! ;)

He could but what makes you think he will?

Also I dont think Sam dropped <---> means he stayed the same. There were some guys last week who helped their stock. Dez is a hell of a wideout and he had a great game last week so he deserved some Heisman love but he just couldnt pass Sam. A big game this week by Sammy and he should be back up there. He has always been in the thick of things.

The SAXET-TT game helped both of their QB's because it was a close one and I don't think anyone can say McCoy didn't play like a Heisman Contender.

JLEW1818
11/5/2008, 11:46 PM
Why does Sam not deserve the Heisman, I could make a case for all of the players up for it.

Mark S is a retard. It's not hard to update who you think is going to be where at season end when u update it every week. Guess who he had at the beginning of the season? Georgia and USC. To put Tebow in front of Bradford right now in the Heisman is a retarded move.

rainiersooner
11/6/2008, 12:11 AM
To be fair, the media have cooled off on us for the same reason people on this board have been losing their hair...because of our defense. Now, whether that means we are in fact the number 3, 4, 6, 7, or 9 team in the country...who knows??? Until there is a playoff, this is all nothing but fodder to create controversy for overpaid know nothing journalists.

Yes, I want a playoff!!!

soonermix
11/6/2008, 10:08 AM
well to be fair,

if he had to put in every possibility that article would be 1000 pages long.
we are on the outside looking in as it stands right now.

fadada1
11/6/2008, 10:34 AM
people love usc because they've acted like a brick wall for the past 3 games. let's face it, no matter how "good" you think a team's defense is, they'll look very average in the big12 this year. if usc was in the big12 (and thank god they aren't), they'd be getting scored on a ton as well.

just sayin'

MiccoMacey
11/6/2008, 12:06 PM
Also I dont think Sam dropped <---> means he stayed the same...

Yes, <---> means he stayed the same.

But two weeks ago Colt had all 15 first place votes and Sam had all 15 second place votes.

I could see two weeks ago when he had a sub-par performance...but last week?

How could that not have improved his stock? What else does he need to do to improve in their eyes?

Again, whether he wins or not is almost irrelevant. I just don't understand their logic, and flawed logic (or lack thereof) always gets my goat.

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 12:10 PM
I'm not even worried about the MNC right now. At this point, I just want to get back to the B12CCG.

stoopified
11/6/2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, <---> means he stayed the same.

But two weeks ago Colt had all 15 first place votes and Sam had all 15 second place votes.

I could see two weeks ago when he had a sub-par performance...but last week?

How could that not have improved his stock? What else does he need to do to improve in their eyes?

Again, whether he wins or not is almost irrelevant. I just don't understand their logic, and flawed logic (or lack thereof) always gets my goat.To be accurrate Samdid not have a subpar performance two weeks ago,our recievers did.SEVEN dropped passes makes any qb look average.

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 03:01 PM
To be accurrate Samdid not have a subpar performance two weeks ago,our recievers did.SEVEN dropped passes makes any qb look average.

Right, but it takes good receivers playing really well to get a QB the Heisman. You can be the most accurate QB in the history of football but if your receivers drop 50% of the passes, you will receive exactly 0 post-season honors of any kind.

Drops still go on the QB's stats (unfairly, IMO).

MiccoMacey
11/7/2008, 11:02 AM
Plus, I'm sure the receivers have caught a few balls that were horrible passes.

It tends to work itself out somewhat in the averages.

badger
11/7/2008, 12:27 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark1103

His breakdown is pretty dumb. I don't care if he predicts that we'll be in the National Title game but he acts like it is not even a possibility. Plus, he lists Tebow, Zac Robinson and the freakin Northwestern QB as the "precision passers" for the week and not Bradford. Is the consistency of Bradford's stats too boring for these people or what?

There's 119 schools to choose from. He's the token "other candidate" guy that keeps Web traffic up by mentioning some of the other 119 programs.