PDA

View Full Version : Need alittle Help!

madillsoonerfan5353
11/5/2008, 07:07 PM
The last couple of days I have "talking" to a Cowpoker co-worker about the Big 12 South! I have printed the rules of how a three way tie would be decided, and he keeps talking about points! :confused: Can someone refresh me about the points? He thinks that OSwho would get the nod over OU because of the four point loss to UT? :confused:

Fraggle145
11/5/2008, 07:13 PM
He's an idiot. It comes down to BCS points. But OU and OSU cant really tie anyway (since we both have a loss to the same team) so it doesnt matter, its going to come down to the head to head match up. If he was used to rooting for a winning team he would know that. If they win against Tech they still have a shot for the Big XII South in a tiebreaker with Tech, Texas, and them (If Tech can then beat us, If osu wins vs Tech it takes our chance away). Same for us if Tech wins vs osu and we beat tech. That tiebreaker scenario will come down to who is ranked higher in the BCS. That team will go to the Big XII Championship.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/5/2008, 07:16 PM
He's an idiot. It comes down to BCS points. But OU and OSU cant really tie anyway (since we both have a loss to the same team) so it doesnt matter, its going to come down to the head to head match up. If he was used to rooting for a winning team he would know that. If they win against Tech they still have a shot for the Big XII South in a tiebreaker with Tech, Texas, and them (If Tech can then beat us, If osu wins vs Tech it takes our chance away). Same for us if Tech wins vs osu and we beat tech. That tiebreaker scenario will come down to who is ranked higher in the BCS. That team will go to the Big XII Championship.

That's what I've been telling him this whole time! Thanks for the help!!!
Do you know him? Right on with the Idiot comment!!! :D

Big D Sooner
11/5/2008, 09:26 PM
You don't really have to know a cowpoke to call him an idiot and be right most of the time. That's like I could say that his girlfriend has facial hair and a muffin top and I would be right like 90% of the time whether I know him or not.

That's what I've been telling him this whole time! Thanks for the help!!!
Do you know him? Right on with the Idiot comment!!! :D

soonermix
11/5/2008, 09:37 PM
ok as the scenerio goes (and this is from memory i am way to lazy to look this shiz up)

in the case of a tie-breaker here is how it would go.

step 1: head to head competition (each with 1 loss to each other no winner)
step 2: over all record
step 3: common opponents (south)
step 4: common opponents ( overall)
step 5: first bcs after all games played.
step 6: (who remembers )
step 7: draw

and i think if any one of those steps eliminates one of the 3 in case this case it starts over with the other to

now that i am done with that i am betting somebody will correct me of my errors.

thanks

oupride
11/5/2008, 09:55 PM
I believe he is thinking about NFL tie breaker rules. Just a guess.

nativesooner
11/5/2008, 11:03 PM
Points? Tell him you're talking about college, not High School football. :P

TheUnnamedSooner
11/6/2008, 10:24 AM
Obviously, this guy refuses to listen to reason considering you showed him the actual rules. My suggestion would be to cut your losses and not waste any more time on him.

SoonersEnFuego
11/6/2008, 11:46 AM
You don't really have to know a cowpoke to call him an idiot and be right most of the time. That's like I could say that his girlfriend has facial hair and a muffin top and I would be right like 90% of the time whether I know him or not.
Mmm...Muffins......:twinkies: :D

85Sooner
11/8/2008, 07:39 PM
A longhorn fan is trying to tell me that if OU is part of a three way tie and is rated HIGHER in the BCS it won't matter because there is a clause that since we won the big twelve last year we would be eliminated. He generally knows alot about football. I call Bull****
Anyone know if this is true?

soonerinabilene
11/8/2008, 07:44 PM
A longhorn fan is trying to tell me that if OU is part of a three way tie and is rated HIGHER in the BCS it won't matter because there is a clause that since we won the big twelve last year we would be eliminated. He generally knows alot about football. I call Bull****

I cant imagine that would ever be correct.

Snrborn
11/8/2008, 07:50 PM

That is how the Big 10 works, but I'm pretty sure the big 12 will come down to Higher BCS ranking, if it's us, tech, and texas...