PDA

View Full Version : Ron Prince Resigning at K-St...

Brasky7
11/5/2008, 03:18 PM
guess no more running bleachers for his assistants...

Link (http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=872493)

Brasky7
11/5/2008, 03:19 PM
Kansas State football coach Ron Prince is expected to announce his resignation during a 4 p.m. teleconference Wednesday

:pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2008, 03:21 PM
If they hire Venables...that means the Big XII is heading for Stoopification

swardboy
11/5/2008, 03:23 PM
If they hire Venables...that means the Big XII is heading for Stoopification

Beat me to it.

Has Prince already got another gig lined up?

Widescreen
11/5/2008, 03:26 PM
Seems a little premature.

Flagstaffsooner
11/5/2008, 03:30 PM
Hell he had a better record than alot of KSU coaches, and just when ******* get in power.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2008, 03:33 PM
Hell outside of Snyder, not many KSU coaches had wins let alone better records

badger
11/5/2008, 03:52 PM
Fill in the blank...

Ron Prince resigned from Kansas State today so that he could take the job opening or soon-to-be-open job at ____________.

a) Clemson
b) Washington
c) Tennessee
d) Syracuse
e) San Diego State
f) Arizona
g) Auburn
h) Miami
i) Michigan
j) Texas A&M
k) Washington State
l) Notre Dame

I could have probably continued down the alphabet with the coaching jobs allegedly in jeopardy, but I'll stop there :D

Hot Rod
11/5/2008, 03:55 PM
Beat me to it.

Has Prince already got another gig lined up?

"Purple Rain"

Ironic?

Flagstaffsooner
11/5/2008, 03:59 PM
Fill in the blank...

Ron Prince resigned from Kansas State today so that he could take the job opening or soon-to-be-open job at ____________.

a) Clemson
b) Washington
c) Tennessee
d) Syracuse
e) San Diego State
f) Arizona
g) Auburn
h) Miami
i) Michigan
j) Texas A&M
k) Washington State
l) Notre Dame

I could have probably continued down the alphabet with the coaching jobs allegedly in jeopardy, but I'll stop there :D
Those places have enough trouble without him.

Paperclip
11/5/2008, 04:02 PM
Well, I would guess this virtually assures we won't see Mr. Freeman in Norman next year. Granted, that's just a guess.

King Crimson
11/5/2008, 04:03 PM
up here in Big XII North country, people seem to think that the Cats have wood for Patterson at TCU. It's not a move i'd make if i were Patterson....I agree that Prince resigning seems premature.

OklahomaTuba
11/5/2008, 04:04 PM
Who is K-St?

oumartin
11/5/2008, 04:10 PM
rumor I have on good faith is Snyder is coming back.

I have made a couple calls to people on my wifes said who are huge donors and thats the word.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/5/2008, 04:11 PM
Does anyone else see Venables chomping at the bit for this job? It seems like a perfect match for him. Initial low expectations, with HUGE potential for turnaround. Regardless of the bitching we do here, he really is a good coach. He's from Kansas, played for Snyder at K-State, and made his bones on the coaching staff there. It really seems like win-win-win for all parties involved, especially if Stoops can bring in a hell of a defensive coordinator.

batonrougesooner
11/5/2008, 04:12 PM
Patterson is at the top of his conference and in the hunt for an at-large BCS bid. He'd be crazy to take that job.

Patterson is a Tennesse/Clemson/Auburn/Washington type of candidate.

oumartin
11/5/2008, 04:14 PM
Wont matter if Venables took that job or not.. Stoops is gonna make whomever is DC run his defense.

He'll just promote BJW or bring in Mark

BoonesFarmSooner
11/5/2008, 04:16 PM
Agreed with batonrouge, no way I'd make that move if I'm Patterson!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2008, 04:17 PM
rumor I have on good faith is Snyder is coming back.

I have made a couple calls to people on my wifes said who are huge donors and thats the word.

There is people on your Wifes? You would think you would be more upset about that

royalfan5
11/5/2008, 04:17 PM
I just want to point out that I said all along that Prince wouldn't make it past this year.

royalfan5
11/5/2008, 04:18 PM
Patterson is at the top of his conference and in the hunt for an at-large BCS bid. He'd be crazy to take that job.

Patterson is a KSU alum. That probably explains a lot of the smoke in that situation.

oumartin
11/5/2008, 04:19 PM
There is people on your Wifes? You would think you would be more upset about that

obviously you don't know about our life.. my wife is kinda freaky

however, people on my wifes side of the family to correct my mistake.

aurorasooner
11/5/2008, 05:27 PM
Interesting. This is one of the reasons I dislike the internet as these "" e-mails may or may-not be from KSU fans but could just as easily be subterfuge from KU or UNL fans posing as KSU fans, and I'm not sure any sport's reporter should take as factual that any negative e-mails that he supposedly gets from a CFB fanbase about any CFB situation is legit enough to write or report about. Alternatively, this could be a SmellsofBourbon type deal with RP as well (if he actually make his assistants run stadium steps, etc). Still it is strange that RP is resigning imo. If there is some kind of "situation" at KSU, I wouldn't be surprised if RP wasn't already hired at someplace like Syracuse,though.
Harry said he wasn’t implying that K-State fans are racist

Channel 41 sports director Jack Harry said he wasn’t suggesting that all K-State fans who may want Ron Prince out as head coach are fueled by racial animosity.

But some, he says, are.

On a broadcast Monday night, Harry said, “A mob of K-State fans have banded together and are trying to get Ron Prince fired.

“I’m not sure, in judging by some of the e-mails I’ve been receiving, that some of the venom directed at Prince is not racially motivated. I’ve received some nasty e-mails from some fans who have identified themselves as K-State fans.”

In response, some K-State fans have been angered at Harry’s suggestion that there are racial overtones to any perceived dissatisfaction toward Prince. As one K-State fan e-mailed, “I am very offended he used this word to describe KSU and our fans. In no way does this represent the school I know and love.”

Harry responded Tuesday by saying he wasn’t implying that K-State fans are racist.

“I wasn’t trying to incite anyone, believe me,” he said. “I made a comment on Sunday’s broadcast that Ron Prince didn’t deserve to be fired and that he deserved to at least go through one entire recruiting cycle. That’s only fair.

“The next day, I got some nasty e-mails, some with obvious racial overtones, and I felt compelled to point that out as part of my follow-up. I was just being honest. It was just one line in my follow-up that some e-mails were pretty nasty. That doesn’t mean I think all K-State fans are like that.

“My whole point was that Ron Prince really deserves a fair chance. I wasn’t trying to incite.” http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jeffrey_flanagan/story/875881.html

sooner2b09
11/5/2008, 06:13 PM
does this mean the end of the..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

:(

wishbonesooner
11/5/2008, 07:50 PM
Some of those folks are still p****d that BV jumped ship to come to Norman. Dan Mcarney coached with Snyder.

OklahomaTuba
11/5/2008, 08:31 PM
The purple pussies aren't racists.

Drooling retards, probably. But racists? Nah.

rainiersooner
11/5/2008, 08:40 PM
does this mean the end of the..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A-05wPlQQ4

:(

My goodness: that was deliciously awful.

sooneron
11/5/2008, 09:24 PM
The budget for that video must have been in the tens of dollars!!

tulsaoilerfan
11/5/2008, 09:47 PM
Bob Stoops to KSU!!! ;)

douxpaysan
11/6/2008, 12:22 AM
obviously you don't know about our life.. my wife is kinda freaky

however, people on my wifes side of the family to correct my mistake.

without pictures this story is a fail...

OUstud
11/6/2008, 01:42 AM
Anyone really surprised by this? Unless they were playing Texas, it was like watching a John Blake team.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/6/2008, 01:48 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2974208055_a71894163e_b.jpg

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2008, 05:28 AM

Actually Patterson fits the mold of a TCU type job perfectly.

Some coaches do better at the level he is at than at the higher level.

The only reason the most recent coach (Meyer) is having the success he is, is because when you are the top school in Florida, it is not hard to get any recruit you want from one of the best HS talent pools.

boomermagic
11/6/2008, 09:31 AM
Does anyone else see Venables chomping at the bit for this job? It seems like a perfect match for him. Initial low expectations, with HUGE potential for turnaround. Regardless of the bitching we do here, he really is a good coach. He's from Kansas, played for Snyder at K-State, and made his bones on the coaching staff there. It really seems like win-win-win for all parties involved, especially if Stoops can bring in a hell of a defensive coordinator.

Bye Brent don't let the door hit ya... I'm only kidding..:D

soonerpike697
11/6/2008, 09:53 AM
:pop:

You serious? Did this actually happen? I thought they all liked him out there...

SoonersEnFuego
11/6/2008, 11:53 AM
No way Snyder comes back. Doesn't he remember what started to happen to him right before he retired. He was losing his touch. ( IE: Sending out the punt team without the punter and actually snapping it) That's a coaching error.

About the power towel and willie chant...That was my first thought. No more Willie Chant!?!

And as far as BV going up there, they will not bring in Mark because he's working for Mike at Arizona. He wouldn't steal Mike's staff. BJW woud be the man I assume.

oumartin
11/6/2008, 12:10 PM
Heupel was on Mikes staff... coaching staff.

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2008, 12:13 PM
Their supposed short list:

Bielema
Dave Christensen, OC, MU
Rand Edsall, UCONN
Kirk Ferentz, Iowa (if fired at Iowa)
Turner Gill, Buffalo
Todd Graham, Tulsa
Jim Grobe, WF
Brian Kelly, Cinci
Leavitt
Dan McCarney
Patterson
Snyder
Venables

oumartin
11/6/2008, 12:19 PM
already said by their AD that they are looking for a Head coach and not an assistant

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 12:41 PM
Ferentz? If they're really looking at him, they're stupid.

mdklatt
11/6/2008, 02:28 PM
Why would Bielema leave Wisconsin for Purple Aggy? (Assuming it's voluntary--his seat is going to be getting a little warm after this year.)

badger
11/6/2008, 02:41 PM
Why would Bielema leave Wisconsin for Purple Aggy? (Assuming it's voluntary--his seat is going to be getting a little warm after this year.)

Badgers are too drunk to notice (haha, I made a self-depreciating funny). I think if they were to demand anything they would be deemed "too demanding" by potential successors to Bret and thus, they would have thin pickin'z of coaching prospects a la Arkansas last year and Nebraska whatever year they got Callyburger (was it 2003 or so? meh, who cares).

A school like Wisconsin is not going to get the top football prospects at the key postitions like QB, RB or WR (Ron Dayne was a once-in-a-lifetime recruit) and thus, they would have to pay top dollar for a top coach or get an up-and-comer, who probably wouldn't go if they got rid of Bret so soon.

I know it sucks to be a badger fan right about now with the losing and all, but Alvarez really spoiled U-Dub during his career with three Rose Bowls and a Heisman. It's not success that will stay, unfortunately, and it only makes it tougher for the guy that follows.

I hope they give Bret a chance.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/6/2008, 02:48 PM
I know it sucks to be a badger fan right about now with the losing and all, but Alvarez really spoiled U-Dub during his career with three Rose Bowls and a Heisman.

Badj, I was cleaning out my closet this morning and found a 1994 Rose Bowl Champions hat, complete with a little metal Bucky pin. ;)

Cam
11/6/2008, 03:23 PM
I just want to point out that I said all along that Prince wouldn't make it past this year.

You were right and I was wrong.

They should also fire the person who gave him a contract extension.

Following Snyder was a no-win situation no matter who took the job.

badger
11/6/2008, 03:26 PM
Badj, I was cleaning out my closet this morning and found a 1994 Rose Bowl Champions hat, complete with a little metal Bucky pin. ;)

:les: GIMME GIMME GIMME! [hairGel]

Seriously, if you have no use for it :D

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 04:36 PM
People say things like that but I disagree. If he'd come in and gone 10-2 his first couple of seasons, the worst that would've happened is that people would've said he did it with Snyder's players. But he'd still be employed and people would like him (which seems like somewhat of a win to me).

royalfan5
11/6/2008, 07:02 PM
You were right and I was wrong.

They should also fire the person who gave him a contract extension.

I think their Athletic Department is in a state of Flux because the old AD is gone, and they never got around to replacing him. The higher-up's probably felt they had to extend him to shield him from the situation. It's not unlike the cluster-**** in the Nebraska Athletic Department last year where the Chancellor had no clue what was going on, and then fired Pederson and got Osborne back on board before to much heat got to him. I don't think Snyder will come back as Coach, but I could see him pulling an Osborne and coming in as AD to sort things out.

Also, I will probably vomit at the sight of Turner Gill in Purple.(Unless it is Washington purple) So I hope that doesn't happen.

DangTire
11/7/2008, 12:07 AM
This sounds like a fine oppurtunity for Vulnerables to make Boo Blake look like Barry Switzer. If not there, then I hope Clemson is dumb enough to hire him. Someone, anyone take this genius!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2008, 02:01 AM
Venables already has Blake beat...he usually gets 11 players on the field...something Blake could not quite grasp

badger
11/7/2008, 12:03 PM
I don't want to start a new thread on this, but while our number of current black U.S. presidents has increased from 0 percent to 100 percent, our number of black head coaches in Div. 1-A (fiiiiiinee, Bowl Subdivision) has dwindled from six this season to four, which includes our thread namesake Ron Prince:

Linky. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3686028)

Hooray for the Institute of Diversity and Ethics in Sport for taking advantage of this moment in history to see that "change" is just something to "hope" for ;)