PDA

View Full Version : Does this election signal the end of the Bush's and the Clinton's?

JohnnyMack
11/5/2008, 02:46 PM
Seems that at least the Clintons are done. HRC obviously won't run in 2012 and by 2016 she'd be 69 years old. I guess she could technically run but it seems unlikely.

The Bush's still have Jeb that could run, although he's out of politics for now.

Pretty much my entire life has had either a Bush or a Clinton as either a POTUS or a VP. I'd be just fine if we didn't hear from either family for a long, long time.

SoonerInKCMO
11/5/2008, 02:47 PM
Seems that at least the Clintons are done. HRC obviously won't run in 2012 and by 2016 she'd be 69 years old. .

Mmmmmmhmmmm....

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2008, 02:50 PM
69?? You'd have to be insane to vote for someone that old!!!

;)

frankensooner
11/5/2008, 03:32 PM
Look for her to be a Supreme Court Nominee. I doubt she did all the Obama campaigning out of the goodness of her heart. ;)

yermom
11/5/2008, 04:27 PM
:eek:

crawfish
11/5/2008, 04:28 PM
I really, really hope so.

Okla-homey
11/5/2008, 04:29 PM
I half expect HRC to finally file for divorce. No reason to stay hitched now.

mdklatt
11/5/2008, 04:29 PM
I don't Hillary Clinton can be killed. She'll be back.

A Clinton/Palin debate would be FTW!!!

mdklatt
11/5/2008, 04:32 PM
I half expect HRC to finally file for divorce. No reason to stay hitched now.

I thought that in January of 2000, not realizing her real ambitions. Even if she gives up on the White House (doubtful), Bill's not going anywhere. She's clearly the one that wears the pantsuits in that relationship, and no way is she going to let him off the hook by setting him free. :D

King Crimson
11/5/2008, 04:37 PM
Look for her to be a Supreme Court Nominee. I doubt she did all the Obama campaigning out of the goodness of her heart. ;)

i could see a quid pro quo appointment but Supreme Court seems a little much (I hope).

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2008, 05:16 PM

Senate majority leader, I think.

JLEW1818
11/5/2008, 05:23 PM
Bush will be chilling in Crawford

TMcGee86
11/5/2008, 05:36 PM
I think its Hillary to the SCOTUS.

I agree though, I am offically done with the Bushes and the Clintons.

tommieharris91
11/5/2008, 05:40 PM
I don't Hillary Clinton can be killed. She'll be back.

A Clinton/Palin debate would be FTL!!!

Fixed. Everybody loses in that scenario.

mdklatt
11/5/2008, 05:49 PM
Fixed. Everybody loses in that scenario.

Oh no, that would be comic greatness, right up to the point where Clinton unhinges her jaw and swallows Palin whole before she can get a shot off with her moose rifle.

Oldnslo
11/5/2008, 05:59 PM
How about the Hillary/Palin pron flik?

am I all alone on that one?

Widescreen
11/5/2008, 06:04 PM
Yes.

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2008, 06:33 PM
I hope we are done with those two families. Jesus, it is like the Hatfields and McCoys, or the Capulets and the Montagues. All they do is breed division.

Plus, If I wanted a monarchy I would move to England. Or Japan. Hmmm, Bangers and Mash or Sushi and Ramen. Decisions decisions.

mdklatt
11/5/2008, 06:36 PM
Plus, If I wanted a monarchy I would move to England. Or Japan.

The irony is that the British and Japanese monarchies don't have any actual power.

Veritas
11/5/2008, 06:52 PM
I hope we are done with those two families.
Now if Ted Kennedy would just up and die, would could have complete the ****head political family trifecta.

soonerscuba
11/5/2008, 07:49 PM
Bush will be chilling in CrawfordNot likely. He will be trying to salvage his incompetencies somewhere in Texas but not in Crawford, that ranch was pure politics to play up the idea of him as a cowboy. Fun fact, he bought it in '99 and it's going for sale next year.

soonerscuba
11/5/2008, 07:50 PM
Now if Ted Kennedy would just up and die, would could have complete the ****head political family trifecta.Die is a bit harsh, but I think as a nation we would be better off letting those three families find their place in history before we end up with a House of Lords.

mdklatt
11/5/2008, 07:52 PM
Not likely. He will be trying to salvage his incompetencies somewhere in Texas but not in Crawford....

They reportedly bought a house in north Dallas.

mynameisjoe
11/5/2008, 08:33 PM
They reportedly bought a house in north Dallas.

Yeah I heard about that too. I think they'll be living in Highland Park.

GottaHavePride
11/5/2008, 08:38 PM
So how long before Chelsea Clinton is running for office?

Vaevictis
11/5/2008, 09:22 PM
The irony is that the British and Japanese monarchies don't have any actual power.

Actually, the British monarchy does have some actual power. Just very little.

jkjsooner
11/5/2008, 10:16 PM
I think its Hillary to the SCOTUS.

I agree though, I am offically done with the Bushes and the Clintons.

I sure hope not. I'm sure she has a good understanding of the law but IMO to be SCOTUS you need to be either a law professor (preferably with a constitutional law specialty) or have an extended career as a high level judge.

Generic politicians just don't belong there.

jkjsooner
11/5/2008, 10:20 PM
So how long before Chelsea Clinton is running for office?

I'm against the whole dynasty thing. That's one reason I never considered voting for either Hillary or GWB.

That being said, from the little I've seen of Chelsea she seems to be very accomplished, smart, and I haven't seen or heard of any of the character flaws of Bill (family morality) and Hillary (harsh personality).

I hope when the time comes people look at her as a unique person and not as someone who automatically gets the love and hate they have for her parents.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah I heard about that too. I think they'll be living in Highland Park.

Yep. New construction. They bought a few houses, tore 'em down and are building a McMansion.

sooneron
11/5/2008, 10:25 PM
to answer the question, I hope so.

Tear Down This Wall
11/5/2008, 11:12 PM
Jeb Bush was recently at a private dinner with Karl Rove and about eight other GOP-types down here in Dallas. That's all I'm sayin'. He may or may not have smiled when asked about a future bid for the presidency. But, that's all I'm sayin'.

soonerscuba
11/5/2008, 11:25 PM
Jeb Bush was recently at a private dinner with Karl Rove and about eight other GOP-types down here in Dallas. That's all I'm sayin'. He may or may not have smiled when asked about a future bid for the presidency. But, that's all I'm sayin'.Wouldn't surprise me. By all accounts, Jeb is by far the most talented of the Bush children. He will face an uphill climb with that last name of his, but the Republicans could do much worse.

GrapevineSooner
11/5/2008, 11:33 PM
He'd have to advocate policies that are vastly different from his brother's to even remotely have a chance to overcome his last name.

Which is to say, not very much.