PDA

View Full Version : To everyone fired up about this election....

OUAndy1807
11/5/2008, 12:14 PM
Please take that energy/passion and direct it toward local politics, where you can actually make an impact on the quality of your life. It's ridiculous how few turn out for local elections and usually the local **** is the stuff that makes a difference in your day to day life.

tommieharris91
11/5/2008, 12:24 PM
Andy, where have you been?

Viking Kitten
11/5/2008, 12:46 PM
Andy, where have you been?
+1

OUAndy1807
12/9/2008, 01:42 PM
Cleveland County sales tax increase vote today. Money raised to fund a $40mil detention center to get the county jail out of your downtown area.

Anyone voted in this election that will actually have an impact on your quality of life or are all you politicos too busy scrutinizing Obama's cabinet picks?

Frozen Sooner
12/9/2008, 01:50 PM
Please take that energy/passion and direct it toward local politics, where you can actually make an impact on the quality of your life. It's ridiculous how few turn out for local elections and usually the local **** is the stuff that makes a difference in your day to day life.

I was and I did and I heartily endorse this statement.

I volunteered extensively for campaigns on the presidential, senatorial, and state house level. All three of the candidates I volunteered for ended up winning. The senatorial and state house candidates actually won in our district, which hadn't voted for any Democrat since redistricting.

A little bit of effort on the local level goes a long way. I know for a fact I was able to flip a good 30-40 votes for the state house candidate, who ended up winning by about 500. One state house candidate in another district won by one vote.

Be the change you're waiting for instead of just hanging out on a message board bitching.