PDA

View Full Version : I watched THE NEBRASKA FOOTBALL SHOW...

Dan Thompson
11/5/2008, 11:59 AM
and I felt sorry for Bo.

They played every one of our TDs and all of the turn overs. Bo really didn't have much to say, he was just miserable the whole show.

Widescreen
11/5/2008, 12:03 PM
So it was sort of like a John Blake football show.

swardboy
11/5/2008, 12:03 PM
Saw that too. Bo better get a personality win or lose. I know it was an embarrassment, but gah Bo.....show something that rallies the Husker faithful's hope in you.

primetime43
11/5/2008, 12:05 PM
Bo made an a$$ out of himself Saturday night. He needs anger management!

royalfan5
11/5/2008, 12:07 PM
So it was sort of like a John Blake football show.

Considering the issues we have had with mastering the fact that you are supposed to play with 11 players, and not 10 or 12, you may be on to something...

Hot Rod
11/5/2008, 12:26 PM
So did he have the same piece of gum in his mouth during the whole show?

RiddlerOK
11/5/2008, 12:28 PM
Bo certainly isn't getting offf to a great start as a head coach. His days may be numbered.........

SoonerLB
11/5/2008, 01:19 PM
The man used to work here, you'd think he would have known what was to be un-leashed upon him.
Just sayin'...............

JLEW1818
11/5/2008, 01:21 PM
see how good we our when we force turnovers?

SoonersEnFuego
11/5/2008, 01:43 PM
see how good we our when we force turnovers?
Yeah, they should try to do that every game.:rolleyes:

OUMallen
11/5/2008, 01:59 PM
Bo's good people.

OUDoc
11/5/2008, 02:06 PM
Bo's good people.

The man loves his gum.

Widescreen
11/5/2008, 03:03 PM
Considering the issues we have had with mastering the fact that you are supposed to play with 11 players, and not 10 or 12, you may be on to something...

Actually you guys had a pretty decent goal-line stand going with only 10 guys. Maybe that's a strategy Bo should look into going forward.

UberSooner
11/5/2008, 03:44 PM
I bet his body temp was a cool 105 in that sweat shirt. Who wouln't be on perpetual burn smelling like a billy goat A** before half time. I'd suggest some breathable mesh midriffs.

aurorasooner
11/5/2008, 04:13 PM
and I felt sorry for Bo.

They played every one of our TDs and all of the turn overs. Bo really didn't have much to say, he was just miserable the whole show. I saw it as well, and I also felt sorry for him. It was also nice to have a current coach's show air on Tuesday and not flip on the show only to see it was the game from 2 weeks ago. I don't know what our problem is in getting the current Coach's show to Fox not earlier than the following Friday.

see how good we our when we force turnovers? I also agree with this. If we'd have azz-whipped them as bad as we did with solid defensive 3/outs the whole game instead of them making 3 straight mistakes in the 1st 3 series (or in 2 of the 3---or us forcing the mistakes however you want to read it), then I'd gloat a little more. But still imo it was possibly the most exciting and action packed 1st quarter (or in the top 5 1st quarters) of Sooner football.
I don't know what to make of them taking Tech to OT in Lubbock, but they were definitely shell-shocked on both sides of the ball last Saturday night and Bo didn't look like he had recovered at all when he filmed their coach's show. It's just too bad Calleyhand wasn't there instead of Bo, but I don't particularly have any luv for either. If the board postings are true that Bo and BV didn't have a real rosy romance going when Bo was Co-DC with BV, them I'm sure BV got some big-time satisfaction about picking their pocket for 6 on their first offensive play as it was obvious it was coached all-week. I guess that ugly sweatshirt that Bo wears on Nebraska game-days is his trademark. But it still LLS.

birddog
11/5/2008, 04:28 PM
Bo certainly isn't getting offf to a great start as a head coach. His days may be numbered.........

dude, of course he's not off to a great start. it's his first year. you do remember coach callenberger, right?

silverwheels
11/5/2008, 04:54 PM

I hope that isn't a serious thought.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2008, 05:12 PM
I'm guessing the NU fans like to see a little fire and know the coach doesn't like to lose. As long as his behavior doesn't become a problem or an embarrassment, Bo will be judged by his W/L record.

I saw that flag in the NU/VT game, and I thought it was a ticky-tack call and it sealed the VT victory - Bo should have been upset (but not let his head explode).

Charla
11/5/2008, 06:46 PM
Bo knows Woody

swardboy
11/5/2008, 09:37 PM
Bo does Woody

douxpaysan
11/6/2008, 01:16 AM
As far as Bo's stay in Lincoln, well I don't really have a dog in that fight. I thought it was funny, when Nebbish took an unwanted timeout in the first quarter, one of the announcers said you could have lit a cigar off Bo's forehead. Plainly they are still trying to find themselves but I sure would like to know how they took Tech to overtime.

Sooner70
11/6/2008, 06:54 AM
I didn't watch the show, but the Houston Chronicle had a short article about Pelini yesterday. Talked about how he's a savvy football mind, but his volatile emotions on the sidelines are causing problems. He exhibits this not only with the refs (Stoops kinda does that too), but also with his asst. coaches & even the players. I know in the OU game, the cameras were on the NU sidelines when Bo grabbed the facemask of a player that had just been called for personal foul. I know coaches may feel like doing that, but all that yelling & when it goes to perceived physical agression that embarrasses a player in front of the world, it may cross the line. Woody Hayes kinda thing. Hurts recruiting & casts program in a negative light. NU doesn't need either of those. Bo acknowledged he has a temper problem & needs to manage himself better on the sidelines. He'd better, 'cause it ain't doing him much good.

OU_Sooners75
11/6/2008, 07:06 AM
I didn't watch the show, but the Houston Chronicle had a short article about Pelini yesterday. Talked about how he's a savvy football mind, but his volatile emotions on the sidelines are causing problems. He exhibits this not only with the refs (Stoops kinda does that too), but also with his asst. coaches & even the players. I know in the OU game, the cameras were on the NU sidelines when Bo grabbed the facemask of a player that had just been called for personal foul. I know coaches may feel like doing that, but all that yelling & when it goes to perceived physical agression that embarrasses a player in front of the world, it may cross the line. Woody Hayes kinda thing. Hurts recruiting & casts program in a negative light. NU doesn't need either of those. Bo acknowledged he has a temper problem & needs to manage himself better on the sidelines. He'd better, 'cause it ain't doing him much good.

It is football. I cannot tell you how many times one of my coaches did that to me or any other player.

It never embarassed me. I knew what the point behind it was.

I have done it more than once. Especially with a player that has the potential and that knows better.

Was his emotions a little strong? Yes. However, the only reason anyone is making any fuss over it is because of the age we live in. And that age is we have become way to soft on kids when they make boneheaded plays. And we have become to soft because of pussified parents and Media!

MamaMia
11/6/2008, 09:31 AM
I cant feel sorry for anyone who makes that much money, however get back with me after he has to spread his wealth.

Widescreen
11/6/2008, 09:45 AM
I don't mind a coach getting in a kids face from time-to-time but doing it in such a way that embarrasses them is not cool. I remember JD Barnett doing this a lot when he was at TU and I really hated it. Of course it's easier to see in basketball than football.

Sooner70
11/7/2008, 07:43 AM
OU Sooners75

You have a player's perspective & I don't, so I have to respect that. In fact, I tend to agree with some of your comment. However, let's talk a minute about the "age we live in"....& how things have become pussified. Which I think is true in many cases.

Since I don't have a players perspective, I'll relate to you the next best thing I know about. John Hermann Bell played for Bud Wilkinson & was subject of a chapter in Dent's book "The Undefeated" about OU's 47 game winning streak. Bell never played in a losing college football game (although he'd admit there were some close calls). He relates a story regarding a much ballyhooed assistant coach coming to OU. On the practice field he cursed at players, jerking them around, yelling & going thru all kinds of frenzied activity right after he arrived. One day Bell noticed that neither Bud nor the asst. coach were at practice, but they were at a distance walking the edge of the practice field together. After that the yelling, cursing & jerking around stopped. Now, was Bud "pussified" coach?...I don't think so, but he just had a different way of motivating players. That certainly was a different age too.

Boy, I remember walking back from class at OU watching practice thru the hedges. Bobby Proctor used to get in those defensive players faces big time. He'd do a lot of that yelling, face mask grabbing & hollering. It was almost funny...this little guy jumping around like a banty rooster grabbing those huge lineman & LB's leading them round by the nose & yelling. Those boys played pretty good ball for him too.

Charla
11/7/2008, 10:19 AM
if grabbing the face mask is the right thing to do we wouldn't scream everytime the ref fails to call it. To me it is like cussing out a kid for cussing.