PDA

View Full Version : Best Texcuses

douxpaysan
11/4/2008, 08:06 PM
refs "holding" out on us in lubbock(standard for all losses)

Jacie
11/4/2008, 08:28 PM
I read more than one post on hornfans.com that claimed the refs weren't calling tech for holding. Seems posters have been complaining about teams holding OUr linemen all year leading me to suspect this a something that all team boards have in common.

For a legitimate "we got screwed by the refs" complaint about a game played in Lubbock, one must go back to a game played there in 2005 . . .

douxpaysan
11/4/2008, 09:08 PM
Leach simply took uncle Mack to the woodshed.

Charla
11/4/2008, 09:25 PM
The worst call of that game I saw favored Tx. It was when they called Crabtree for Off. Inter. on about the 5

Redshirt
11/4/2008, 09:27 PM
'We would have beat them in the 5th quarter'

Cam
11/5/2008, 11:17 AM
I haven't re-watched the play, but at first glance there sure looked like a blatant block in the back on Shipley's TD return. They threw the flag, but then picked it up for some reason.

OKLA21FAN
11/5/2008, 11:18 AM
'we didn't lose, we just ran out of time' :pop:

Dan Thompson
11/5/2008, 11:24 AM
If Colorado can have a 5th down, then I think we should too.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2008, 11:55 AM
LeefreakinCorfreakinso

zeke
11/5/2008, 12:01 PM
george bush's fault

mizzOUstu702
11/5/2008, 12:17 PM
I haven't re-watched the play, but at first glance there sure looked like a blatant block in the back on Shipley's TD return. They threw the flag, but then picked it up for some reason.

That was honestly the most baffling call I've ever seen; to pick up the flag. Clearly the ref that threw the flag saw something--I don't think the flag leaped out of his pocket. On such a big play, either hold your water on the flag, or make the call. None of this wishy-washy crap. There were two blatant blocks that should have been flagged.

That's why I think they should allow video review of block in the back calls (not pass interference). I know, I know, it would open a whole can of madness, but there are just certain situations where it needs to be reviewed.

doOBHZeMyKk

oumartin
11/5/2008, 12:32 PM
looked like a clean block to me..

;)

RiddlerOK
11/5/2008, 12:48 PM
Yep, that was a pretty clean block in the back. ;)

sooneron
11/5/2008, 09:36 PM
Was it John Bible?

boomermagic
11/6/2008, 09:26 AM
george bush's fault

There is a good chance.. Don't get me started on him...

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2008, 09:28 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/Brophyballer/wtf.jpg

Not like there were obvious holds or hands to the face like this repeatedly... and which were never called.

Most Texas fans are saying we lost because we didn't perform in the first half and Tech had a great last drive.

If you want excuses, go back and look at this website after you lost by 10 points to us in Dallas. There were two entire pages of threads started whining about the officials instead of berating your defensive coordinator for being pwn3d by Greg Davis.

OKLA21FAN
11/6/2008, 09:36 AM

Not like there were obvious holds or hands to the face like this repeatedly... and which were never called.

Most Texas fans are saying we lost because we didn't perform in the first half and Tech had a great last drive.

If you want excuses, go back and look at this website after you lost by 10 points to us in Dallas. There were two entire pages of threads started whining about the officials instead of berating your defensive coordinator for being pwn3d by Greg Davis.
i agree and disagree with the councilor.

yes, most UT fans seemed to be looking at the first QTR and half as the issue at hand. but I feel like the last statement is a bit over the top. I perceived the consensus of the RRS was the officiating was poor for both teams. (and that UT out executed OU clearly in the final 8 minutes of the game. :pop:

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2008, 09:42 AM
i agree and disagree with the councilor.

yes, most UT fans seemed to be looking at the first QTR and half as the issue at hand. but I feel like the last statement is a bit over the top. I perceived the consensus of the RRS was the officiating was poor for both teams. (and that UT out executed OU clearly in the final 8 minutes of the game. :pop:

In fact, the refereeing crew for the Texas - TT game was the same for the Texas - OU game.

The refs did suck for both teams in the RRS. Of that there is no doubt... On here though, the noobs were going absolutely ape**** claiming bias...etc.

Speer
11/6/2008, 09:46 AM

True, but we're still learning the fine skill of blaming the officials after the Oregon debacle. You have to admit, hornfans has a well-versed "the officials screwed us" crowd for us to learn from.

OKLA21FAN
11/6/2008, 09:54 AM
In fact, the refereeing crew for the Texas - TT game was the same for the Texas - OU game.

The refs did suck for both teams in the RRS. Of that there is no doubt... On here though, the noobs were going absolutely ape**** claiming bias...etc.
damn noobs

someone should do something about that!