PDA

View Full Version : Vote

texas bandman
11/4/2008, 04:07 PM
Just got a text message from Barack...all you slackers out there that haven't voted, get out and vote!

(if you're a republican, you're excused from this assignment.)

:D

OklahomaRed
11/4/2008, 04:09 PM
Once the takers outnumber the givers in our electorate republic system we are in for a world of hurt.

George Washington, in his farewell address to the American people as he was leaving the presidency, spoke about the amending of the Constitution:

If in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the Constitutional power be in any particular [manner] wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way in which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation, for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. It was about the same time that a British professor named Alexander Fraser Tyler wrote:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can exist only until the voters discover they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a dictatorship."

olevetonahill
11/4/2008, 04:26 PM
Dont be tellin Me what to do.:P
You Obama Lover you .:D

Collier11
11/4/2008, 04:34 PM
I have no doubt that whoever wins, American will be fine...I do think that with Mccain it would be a little better though ;)

tommieharris91
11/4/2008, 04:37 PM
Once the takers outnumber the givers in our electorate republic system we are in for a world of hurt.

George Washington, in his farewell address to the American people as he was leaving the presidency, spoke about the amending of the Constitution:

If in the opinion of the people, the distribution or modification of the Constitutional power be in any particular [manner] wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way in which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation, for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed. It was about the same time that a British professor named Alexander Fraser Tyler wrote:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can exist only until the voters discover they can vote themselves largesse (defined as a liberal gift) out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy, always to be followed by a dictatorship."
Dictator Obama? :texan:

Widescreen
11/4/2008, 04:40 PM
It was about the same time that a British professor named Alexander Fraser Tyler wrote:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/tyler.asp

I hear this quote a lot. And while I agree with it, it appears that Tyler (actually Tytler) never wrote that.

NYC Poke
11/4/2008, 04:44 PM
Michelle Obama has been sending me a lot of emails lately. I wonder if Barack knows about this?

85Sooner
11/4/2008, 04:49 PM
WHERE's my nightstick