11/4/2008, 03:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

Please move to football board mod.

CK Sooner
11/4/2008, 03:42 PM
:D

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2008, 03:51 PM
They all suck! Yes, I know it will all work itself out over the next few weeks...but c'mon! Sam has been CONSISTENTLY BRILLIANT since day 1...and they're demoting him for the flavor of the week. Figures...****ers!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2008, 04:13 PM
and they're demoting him for the flavor of the week.

precisely.

mdklatt
11/4/2008, 04:14 PM
I think this might be the first thread ever moved from the South Oval to the football board. :D

OUMallen
11/4/2008, 04:14 PM
Sam is getting screwed on this deal.

CK Sooner
11/4/2008, 04:15 PM
Sam is getting screwed on this deal.

If we win the rest of our games he will end up winning it.

The Maestro
11/4/2008, 04:16 PM
It's like his consistency is too boring for them. 300 yards? 5 touchdowns? He does that every week...so what?

Oh, well. Sam has much better numbers than Colt or Graham and if OU beats TT he will be the flavor of the week...with just a few weeks to go.

OUMallen
11/4/2008, 04:17 PM
I mean think about it- the guy LITERALLY cannot play any better than he is without approaching utter perfection. I hate what it's become where players are filtered through their team's record.

Widescreen
11/4/2008, 04:22 PM
I mean think about it- the guy LITERALLY cannot play any better than he is without approaching utter perfection. I hate what it's become where players are filtered through their team's record.

I don't think that's what's going on here. Harrell is undefeated and #2. I just think people have mostly forgotten about him because he hasn't beaten anyone of note lately.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2008, 04:33 PM
All this without by far OU's best receiver Manuel Johnson for the last couple of weeks. Sam's completion percentage has gone down because Manny being out and the plain increase in dropped balls. I think we have gone from 1-2 dropped balls a game to 5-6.

primetime43
11/4/2008, 04:39 PM
Please someone explain to me the love affair with Tebow? How is he ahead of Bradford with his numbers?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/4/2008, 05:00 PM
Please someone explain to me the love affair with Tebow? How is he ahead of Bradford with his numbers?SEC SEC SEC SEC ETC

Widescreen
11/4/2008, 05:03 PM
Please someone explain to me the love affair with Tebow? How is he ahead of Bradford with his numbers?

Overall, he's not. Just on that one guy's fake ballot.

JLEW1818
11/4/2008, 05:07 PM
Nobody will know until the presentation. I remember people were saying Vince was gonna be real close with Bush. and it was the like the biggest difference in votes ever.

Echoes
11/4/2008, 05:09 PM
Are you kidding me? 5th. Give me a break.

BoulderSooner79
11/4/2008, 05:34 PM
The text by Sam's name explains the Heisman very well - it says Sam has been out of the "spotlight" and not getting much "buzz". I.e., it's a beauty contest. While UT was beating Mizzou and OSU, we were playing KU and KSU, so Colt gets the spotlight. Now TT beats UT while we play NU, so it's Harrell's turn. Heck, just that last play of Harrell to Crabtree has had more replay air-time than Sam has all season.

JLEW1818
11/4/2008, 05:35 PM
Kinda works out like rankings. Who ever is in the spotlight last, probably will win.

sooner518
11/4/2008, 05:41 PM
Yea, I can understand having Colt and Harrell ahead of him now, but Tebow? really? hes got half as many yards as Sam and 15 less TDs.

Here's the really annoying thing about that webpage: For every other QB listed on the right side, it lists their passing TDs AND Rushing TDs. For Sam, even though he has 3 rushing TDs this year, that stat is nowhere to be found for some stupid reason. I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but this fact is annoying.

pott_2
11/4/2008, 08:54 PM
Not to take anything away from goat mccoy...he is a great qb but I can throw 5 yard passes all day too.

josh09
11/4/2008, 09:11 PM
How are Colt and Tebow ahead of Sam? i mean seriously, Tebow has dropped off ALOT from last year, and Colt's stats are nowhere near Sam's. I can see why Harrell is up there, though.

tulsaoilerfan
11/4/2008, 10:58 PM
How are Colt and Tebow ahead of Sam? i mean seriously, Tebow has dropped off ALOT from last year, and Colt's stats are nowhere near Sam's. I can see why Harrell is up there, though.

Harrell isn't any better than any of the other QB's that have come thru Lubbock since Leach has been there; the difference is he has probably the best receiver in the history of the Big 8, SWC, or Big 12 in Crabtree; the dude is unreal

adoniijahsooner
11/5/2008, 01:03 AM
sam is in the spotlight on nfl scouts tv projectors. id rather he not win it.

BornandBred
11/5/2008, 09:18 AM
TTech + Defense = Harrell Heisman
...what a load. Now all the sudden he's NOT a system QB?

But, with the shootouts that are inevitable against OSU and TTech, I'd say if Bradford performs like we know he can, the trophy is within his reach.

SoonerLB
11/5/2008, 01:25 PM
Not that it has had much in recent history, but the Heisman lost what little credibility it had left last year when they allowed Booger Boy on the stage.