PDA

View Full Version : BYU vs. OU in Dallas in 2009?

colleyvillesooner
11/4/2008, 01:21 PM
From a post on the Insiders board...

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_10895293

BYU football: Cougars in talks to play Oklahoma in Dallas in 2009

Posted: 9:00 AM- PROVO -- Officials at Brigham Young University and Oklahoma are in discussions with ESPN representatives to pit the Cougars and Sooners in a college football game next fall, possibly at the new stadium in Dallas being built by the Dallas Cowboys.

A source said the topic was brought up for the second time in two weeks during an ESPN conference call on Monday. It is not clear whether the potential game would be televised by ESPN or ABC.

Tuesday morning, the potential matchup was a big topic of discussion on radio station 1320 AM in Salt Lake City.

A BYU source acknowledged in a text message that BYU is interested and checking it out but may have to rearrange its existing schedule.

BYU has an opening on its 2009 schedule, and had been in discussions to play Tulane at the Louisiana Superdome in the 2009 season opener.

But a contract for that game still has not been signed.

It is not clear whether those talks will be scrapped if the BYU-Oklahoma game is agreed upon.

JLEW1818
11/4/2008, 01:36 PM
what tha duce

Jimminy Crimson
11/4/2008, 01:45 PM
Interesting...

NormanPride
11/4/2008, 01:51 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. I've heard their fans are nice and travel well, so it would be a popular game. This could replace the Miami game.

E-Town
11/4/2008, 02:11 PM
How many seats does Jerry-world hold? Does this mean that we would have the possibility of two neutral site wins and will it have any effect on SOS?

fwsooner22
11/4/2008, 02:14 PM
BYU recently played on a Thursday in Fort Worth vs TCU (of course)....They were parking cars 2 miles from the stadium well into the 2nd qtr. Those were not TCU fans................

Collier11
11/4/2008, 02:16 PM
Very Cool as long as it doesnt cost us a home game

ratedrsuperstar
11/4/2008, 02:23 PM
It would be cool for me, my wife is Mormon and I'm a diehard Sooner.

oupride
11/4/2008, 02:47 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. I've heard their fans are nice and travel well, so it would be a popular game. This could replace the Miami game.

What do you mean "This could replace the Miami game?" Is the Miami game postponed/cancelled? I missed something.

sooneron
11/4/2008, 02:51 PM
What do you mean "This could replace the Miami game?" Is the Miami game postponed/cancelled? I missed something.
I hear there are scheduling conflicts.

swardboy
11/4/2008, 03:00 PM
Is that where the Marlins are scheduled to play on the same date?

KingBarry
11/4/2008, 03:00 PM

Miami's stadium is unavailable the day the game has been scheduled for. There are threads elsewhere on this site.

It is my understanding at this point that the game has NOT been cancelled, and that all sides are working on a solution. Such a solution could include any of the following: The Miami baseball team moves its game, or changes gametime. The OU-Miami game is played at a different location, or played on a different day of the week. Or, OU-Miami is changed to a different Saturday when the stadium is available. OU-Miami could be cancelled, or at least postponed to a future season.

Last I heard, OU had only scheduled two of its non-conference games, so we don't have any apparent reasons why we can't play the game another Saturday.

KingBarry
11/4/2008, 03:10 PM

Miami's stadium is unavailable the day the game has been scheduled for. There are threads elsewhere on this site.

It is my understanding at this point that the game has NOT been cancelled, and that all sides are working on a solution. Such a solution could include any of the following: The Miami baseball team moves its game, or changes gametime. The OU-Miami game is played at a different location, or played on a different day of the week. Or, OU-Miami is changed to a different Saturday when the stadium is available. OU-Miami could be cancelled, or at least postponed to a future season.

Last I heard, OU had only scheduled two of its non-conference games, so we don't have any apparent reasons why we can't play the game another Saturday.

KingBarry
11/4/2008, 03:11 PM
Ummmm.. sorry about the double post.

Sooner_Havok
11/4/2008, 03:13 PM
As long as it is a BYU "home game" I am cool. I don't want to give up one of our home games.

Collier11
11/4/2008, 03:35 PM

According to soonerstats we have scheduled Miami and Tulsa

oupride
11/4/2008, 03:57 PM
Ummmm.. sorry about the double post.
Thanks for the post.
Thanks for the post.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/4/2008, 04:02 PM

NOOOOOOO!!

JLEW1818
11/4/2008, 04:05 PM
As long as it is a BYU "home game" I am cool. I don't want to give up one of our home games.

That sounds like u want it to be a BYU home game... lol?

sooner94
11/4/2008, 06:05 PM
I can't wait to get drunk and party with some Mormons. Wait a second........never mind.

badger
11/4/2008, 06:27 PM
I can't wait to get drunk and party with some Mormons. Wait a second........never mind.

They may not drink beer or iced tea, but they likes teh sportz.

BudSooner
11/4/2008, 06:37 PM
They may not drink beer or iced tea, but they likes teh butt secks.
WHAT?:confused:

RiddlerOK
11/5/2008, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: