PDA

View Full Version : My Monday would make Dean proud

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 11:33 AM
Yesterday I went with my friend Will to his parents house up in the Flint Hills (NE Kansas) about an hour and forty minutes from Wichita. We loaded up the jeep with some guns and beer and drove out on his parents' land, nailed up some targets to a tree stump on a hill. First we shot a 22 rifle, then a 45, then an AK-47. Went back to the 45 as the sun went down for some nice flames out the barrel.

Then we cracked open a couple of beers, headed over to a creek nearby. We sat on the hood of the car and drank, looked at the stars, listened to the water, and chatted until probably 11 p.m. No cars, no people, no bathrooms, no city, no trains, and no artificial goddamn light for a good 7 hours.

Missing class to stay in Kansas monday = best idea ever

C&CDean
11/4/2008, 11:57 AM
You left out only one thing I'd have done in addition to what you did that day.

Sounds like my kind of day. People who don't take the time to go out in the country and pop some caps, drink some likker, and gaze at the stars are missing so much.

olevetonahill
11/4/2008, 12:03 PM
Dean , I think she didnt Mention that 1 thing On Purpose .;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/4/2008, 12:19 PM
Yesterday I went with my friend Will to his parents house up in the Flint Hills (NE Kansas) about an hour and forty minutes from Wichita. We loaded up the jeep with some guns and beer and drove out on his parents' land, nailed up some targets to a tree stump on a hill. First we shot a 22 rifle, then a 45, then an AK-47. Went back to the 45 as the sun went down for some nice flames out the barrel.

Then we cracked open a couple of beers, headed over to a creek nearby. We sat on the hood of the car and drank, looked at the stars, listened to the water, and chatted until probably 11 p.m. No cars, no people, no bathrooms, no city, no trains, and no artificial goddamn light for a good 7 hours.

Sounds like a friggin perfect day! Time for me to load up the truck and head for the hills. :D

olevetonahill
11/4/2008, 12:30 PM
there are supposed to be some Hugh Meteors the Next few Nites.

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 12:31 PM

Sounds like my kind of day. People who don't take the time to go out in the country and pop some caps, drink some likker, and gaze at the stars are missing so much.indeed!

do I need to ask what that one thing was? :D

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 12:33 PM
there are supposed to be some Hugh Meteors the Next few Nites.
there were quite a few last night! We were wondering if there was a meteor shower coming up or something.

tommieharris91
11/4/2008, 12:46 PM
do I need to ask what that one thing was? :D

Yes. :texan:

olevetonahill
11/4/2008, 12:47 PM
there were quite a few last night! We were wondering if there was a meteor shower coming up or something.

I think its Called the taurid meteor shower. they are supposed to be Hugh , the Later the better around 1 am or so .

tommieharris91
11/4/2008, 12:47 PM

I actually saw a few meteors here in south Norman.

Sooner04
11/4/2008, 12:52 PM
If Will didn't get to at least 3rd base with you then he's got less game than Sic 'Em and Sooner Stormchaser on their worst days.

OU4LIFE
11/4/2008, 12:56 PM
I was afraid they'd heard my 4-wheeler for a minute...but they stopped looking around. It worked out.

Crimson_Balls
11/4/2008, 12:59 PM
How could you not score with an AK-47? ...and booze?...open land and stars?

Sic Em are you takin' notes son?

Sooner04
11/4/2008, 05:34 PM
Does the silence on this matter mean that not a drop of bodily fluid was exchanged?

Young Will certainly now belongs to that elite bastion of womanly ineptitude alongside Sic 'Em and Sooner Stormchaser.

Sooner04
11/4/2008, 05:47 PM
Reason I ask is that I had pretty much the same opportunity arise, except with no guns, and I ended up scoring on the back of a four-wheeler.

Believe me, children, if I can do it, anybody but Sic 'Em and Sooner Stormchaser ought to be able to play their cards right enough to get a little in a situation like that.

Crimson_Balls
11/4/2008, 05:57 PM
I just got back from SD and we shot a bunch of north american ring-tailed pheasant with 20 gauge shot guns.

Then we drank whiskey and told dirty jokes afterwards. Good times...

(crickets: *chirp* *chirp*)

picasso
11/4/2008, 05:57 PM
you scored on a 4 wheeler? that beats my on top of the washing machine 3 pointer back in college.

BudSooner
11/4/2008, 06:01 PM

Sounds like my kind of day. People who don't take the time to go out in the country and pop some caps, drink some likker, and gaze at the stars are missing so much.

Hell, I figured taking a **** or obligatory **** outdoors would be included here...I did the latter of the two so SCOREBOARD! :D

StoopTroup
11/4/2008, 06:08 PM

Some people do well when they go out into the wild....

Others don't. :D

fUSvXzYnQZM

Viking Kitten
11/4/2008, 06:30 PM
OMG, ST. I love Old Greg. We spent the better part of last year quoting that clip.

'You don't know me. You don't what I've got. I'VE GOT A MANGINA! I'M OLLLLLDD GREGGGGGGG!'

:D

StoopTroup
11/4/2008, 06:35 PM
I just have a feeling that PG might have seen a mangina in Kansas...but sadly...it seems she isn't talking about what happened. :D

BudSooner
11/4/2008, 06:45 PM
Mangino yes, Mangina yuck!

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 06:57 PM
Does the silence on this matter mean that not a drop of bodily fluid was exchanged?

Young Will certainly now belongs to that elite bastion of womanly ineptitude alongside Sic 'Em and Sooner Stormchaser.

My silence was because I was driving back from Kansas to Norman today. I make no comment other than to say Will certainly does NOT belong to the bastion of which you speak.

StoopTroup
11/4/2008, 07:03 PM
Young Love.....

http://www.popreport.co.uk/images/will_young_01.jpeg

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 07:09 PM
guh

StoopTroup
11/4/2008, 07:09 PM
lol

Crimson_Balls
11/4/2008, 07:10 PM
bow chicka bow wow!!

Sooner04
11/4/2008, 07:14 PM
My silence was because I was driving back from Kansas to Norman today. I make no comment other than to say Will certainly does NOT belong to the bastion of which you speak.
Then I say, to Will, "play on, playa".

To Sic 'Em and Sooner Stormchaser, I say, "what's that on your palm"?

And good for you, PG. Nothing like a little fornicating amongst the elements of nature. Just don't scare the cattle.

proud gonzo
11/4/2008, 07:14 PM
I think y'all are missing the point of this thread. GUNS. BEER. Going behind the truck to pee in the field instead of complaining like a girl and hurrying back to a civilized toilet.

BudSooner
11/4/2008, 07:24 PM
Going behind the truck to pee in the field instead of complaining like a girl and hurrying back to a civilized toilet.

Ok, I missed that part...so you do have the countryfied hillbilly thing down...cool, that is a big part of the experience. :D

StoopTroup
11/4/2008, 08:24 PM
In the old days chicks would just go commando in hoop skirts. They could hide a shotgun and squat when they needed to.

GottaHavePride
11/4/2008, 10:03 PM
My Sunday evening / Monday morning would make many people here facepalm.

Cute tiny girl + too much booze = GHP had to drive her home.

Sooner04
11/4/2008, 10:31 PM
So you're sister's out in the fields riding the O-Train and you're stuck driving a girl home who had too much to drink? Surely you did something when you got her home, right?

GottaHavePride
11/4/2008, 10:40 PM
Sadly, no. The girl was incredibly embarrassed about the whole situation. Mainly because I'm pretty sure she's really interested in me. And by "pretty sure" I mean "she might possibly be able to throw bigger hints with a gigantic video billboard". And she was worried she just made an *** of herself in front of me.

proud gonzo
11/5/2008, 01:03 AM
never fear--your sister is good at damage control ;)

tommieharris91
11/5/2008, 01:15 AM
Sadly, no. The girl was incredibly embarrassed about the whole situation. Mainly because I'm pretty sure she's really interested in me. And by "pretty sure" I mean "she might possibly be able to throw bigger hints with a gigantic video billboard". And she was worried she just made an *** of herself in front of me.

C'mon man, passed out girls are the most fun. :texan:

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2008, 01:31 AM
C'mon man, passed out girls are the most fun. :texan:

http://www.thesmashmix.com/wp-content/Quagmire.jpg

Mjcpr
8/7/2009, 08:13 AM
Congrats!

:D