PDA

View Full Version : It didn't take long

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2008, 10:39 PM
Horns are back to their usual gripes:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-4-33/Longhorn-coaches-plan-to-send-disputed-calls-to-league-office.html

Does any team gripe about the other team's holding than the Horns?

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 10:41 PM
I got no problem with that, officials suck, so I'd send in any bad calls they made too.

hobbes2702
11/3/2008, 10:43 PM
He does it every game as do a lot of coaches. And if you watched that game then you would know why many of us are upset. Brian Orakpo was nearly lost for the season because of one instance of holding.

SOONERnTx
11/3/2008, 10:47 PM
cry me a river!

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2008, 10:49 PM
He does it every game as do a lot of coaches. And if you watched that game then you would know why many of us are upset. Brian Orakpo was nearly lost for the season because of one instance of holding.

Horns have complained about holding after every defeat. According to hornfans, there is a conspiracy to allow opposing teams to hold every time they play the horns. Naturally, this conspiracy somehow infects every referee in the country.

Soonerfan88
11/3/2008, 10:49 PM
Did he also send tape of Shipley's return and demand they actually enforce the flags next time? Hook 'em have gotten more gifts from referees than all other teams in the conference combined so I can't seem to find any sympathy for Mack or Orakpo.

bluedogok
11/3/2008, 11:10 PM
Officiating over all sucks and for the most part they haven't called holding at all this season against anyone. there are more than one or two holds a game and that is about all they are calling.

hobbes2702
11/3/2008, 11:12 PM
Very true blue. What is the deal with Big12 officials? Have we not seen some of the worst officiated games this year especially big games? The officials have been absolutely terrible.

swardboy
11/3/2008, 11:19 PM
Deal with it...and don't leave 1 second on the clock to tech.

hobbes2702
11/3/2008, 11:23 PM
From the article
Like he does after every game, Texas coach Mack Brown plans to send a tape of some calls he disputed in the Longhorns' 39-33 loss to Texas Tech.

Salt City Sooner
11/3/2008, 11:30 PM
When the 'horns go almost 7 full games between holding calls on the opposition, get back to me. I'll actually listen then. :mad:

rainiersooner
11/3/2008, 11:54 PM
Did he also send tape of Shipley's return and demand they actually enforce the flags next time?

Or a tape of the block in the back that opened up the hole that Shipley ran through on his return against us in the Cotton Bowl. Officiating sucks all the way around - equally, for everyone. Other than egregious incidents (i.e., Oregon), it evens out....

SoonerJack
11/4/2008, 09:41 AM
When the 'horns go almost 7 full games between holding calls on the opposition, get back to me. I'll actually listen then. :mad:

Are you serious? That is unbelievable. :mad:

Leroy Lizard
11/4/2008, 10:06 AM
Both UT and Tech were penalized eight times, but Tech was penalized for more yardage. But according to UT fans, it is all a conspiracy.

BoonesFarmSooner
11/4/2008, 10:17 AM
OU went 5 or 6 games without holding called on the opposition...

Then the horns get a free touchdown on a punt return with two blatent blocks in the back, one flag, and have it over-ruled. On top of that the BS offensive pass interference call on Crabtree at the goal line which drastically changed the game.

Horns are funny!

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2008, 10:32 AM
They're getting their karma for the BS officiating that turned the tide of the RRS.

Couldn't have happened to a ****tier fanbase! ****ers!

Dan Thompson
11/4/2008, 10:46 AM
Just to make every game more interesting I think the Big XII should use PAC 10 officals for the big games, one from each state and if extras are needed we can ask BSU for a reference.

badger
11/4/2008, 10:48 AM
The loser of that game complains about the reffing. Mikey should pull a trump card out and send his own complaints in to counter the Mack complaints :D

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/4/2008, 11:02 AM

Hear! Hear! The Sooners have lots of grounds for complaints about the lack of holding called on the opponents. UT has been the recepient of Texas bias for ever. Except maybe in the Lubbock Triangle. That place is a mystery.

Wouldn't it have been poetic justice if the idiot fans had cost the Pirates that game?

stoopified
11/4/2008, 11:48 AM
Horns are back to their usual gripes:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-4-33/Longhorn-coaches-plan-to-send-disputed-calls-to-league-office.html

Does any team gripe about the other team's holding than the Horns?I wonder if their opponents get called for offensive holding less than ours?TWO calls in the last 6 games?

soonersam
11/4/2008, 01:11 PM
Did he also send tape of Shipley's return and demand they actually enforce the flags next time? Hook 'em have gotten more gifts from referees than all other teams in the conference combined so I can't seem to find any sympathy for Mack or Orakpo.

I hate always being the Oliver Stone of the room but Texas has no complaints. The block in the back that was waived off and the offensive PI were terrible calls that kept texas in the game. Oh yeah. If you touch the endzone while touching a ball thats inplay on a punt is a touchback (I think?). Tech out played them all night and could have won that game by 2 TD's if the refs hadnt bailed out Texas in the 3rd and 4th to keep it close!!

BTW.....
I'm pretty sure I saw Obama on the grassy Knoll...