PDA

View Full Version : Our 21 New Recurits Question...?

Blues1
11/3/2008, 05:07 PM
Just wondering how many more new young studs are we allowed with this 2009 recruiting Class.....?

http://oklahoma.scout.com/a.z?s=146&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2009

MarylandSooner
11/3/2008, 05:33 PM
My guess is

- As many as we want

- As many as we need

JKneis
11/3/2008, 06:48 PM
The rule is you can only sign 25 recruits per class. There are ways around this by having people count for last years class (enroll early in winter), or next years class (grayshirt). There is also the possibility that some of the players will never make it to campus (grades, off the field problems, etc.)

Rhino
11/3/2008, 07:51 PM
I think we'll take a full 25 this year.

We have nine open schollys and 15 graduating scholarship seniors. And we'll probably have at least one person bolt early and/or leave the team.

Rogue
11/3/2008, 08:16 PM
I hate to see only 2 O-linemen on that list.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:18 PM
I think we'll take a full 25 this year.

We have ten open schollys and 15 graduating scholarship seniors.

Rhino,

Is it possible to move players to Academic Scholarships?

That way we would have more room.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:19 PM
I hate to see only 2 O-linemen on that list.

We will be taking this JC lineman.

From the same school as Mike Balogun.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=89444&sport=1

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:20 PM
We will be taking this JC lineman.

From the same school as Mike Balogun.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=89444&sport=1

You know this because you been talking to him on the innerweb? :D

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:28 PM
You know this because you been talking to him on the innerweb? :D

No, he visited for the Kansas game.

I have access to the pay boards.

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:30 PM
Nope,

They both have the same school on Rivals....

:confused:

I didn't see where it said he was definitely coming here?

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:31 PM
I didn't see where it said he was definitely coming here?

Look above again.

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:32 PM
Look above again.

It has Oklahoma and South Carolina listed.

Rhino
11/3/2008, 08:32 PM
I hate to see only 2 O-linemen on that list. We should be fine.

Brandon, Cooke, Good, Habern, Hannan, Stephenson, A.Williams & T.Williams, along with transfers Jarvis Jones and Brian Lepak (walk-on). Throw in three incoming freshmen and you have plenty of o-linemen.

Is it possible to move players to Academic Scholarships? I don't believe that's allowed anymore. jkm or Mike Rich may know more about that.

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:33 PM
No, he visited for the Kansas game.

I have access to the pay boards.

What does the pay board say that us cheapskates don't get to see? :D

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:33 PM
What does the pay board say that us cheapskates don't get to see? :D

That he should be committing soon..

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:34 PM
We should be fine.

Brandon, Cooke, Good, Habern, Hannan, Stephenson, A.Williams & T.Williams, along with transfers Jarvis Jones and Brian Lepak (walk-on). Throw in three incoming freshmen and you have plenty of o-linemen.

I don't believe that's allowed anymore. jkm or Mike Rich may know more about that.

I'm seeminlgy one of the few that isn't worried about our O-line for next year. I think we're gonna be awfully good there.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:36 PM
I'm seeminlgy one of the few that isn't worried about our O-line for next year. I think we're gonna be awfully good there.

Better run blocking.

Pass blocking may suffer though.

That's my opinion.

Rhino
11/3/2008, 08:37 PM
And, CK is right. Vinson is a strong OU lean.

We'll hear from him after he visits South Carolina in December.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:38 PM
And, CK is right. Vinson is a strong OU lean.

We'll hear from him after he visits South Carolina in December.

Do you have any word on how good he is?

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:42 PM
Is there gonna be room for this one around the dinner table? Holy carp he's a big'un.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:45 PM
Is there gonna be room for this one around the dinner table? Holy carp he's a big'un.

Yes, the dude is huge.

Jamarkus Mcfarland is 6'3, look at the difference.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/tannerholmes/jamrk.jpg

Rhino
11/3/2008, 08:47 PM
Do you have any word on how good he is? He's a JUCO. Could be a Phil Loadholt, could be a Sherrone Moore.

FWIW, he committed to LSU out of high school.

Curly Bill
11/3/2008, 08:49 PM
He's a big mofo with some long ol' arms -- looks kinda like an offensive lineman! :D

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:50 PM
He's a JUCO. Could be a Phil Loadholt, could be a Sherrone Moore.

FWIW, he committed to LSU out of high school.

Must not be that bad then.

Since we are talking about recruiting.

Do you know anything about Boyd, Mcfarland, or anyone else?

Rhino
11/3/2008, 08:51 PM
I think McFarland's height is a little exaggerated. Wort (#21) is 6'1" and looks the same height.

Rhino
11/3/2008, 08:52 PM
Do you know anything about Boyd, Mcfarland, or anyone else? No more than anyone else.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 08:57 PM
McFarland would be clutch

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 08:58 PM
McFarland would be clutch

More than clutch.

It's between us and Mizzou for Boyd, so hopefully he chooses the winning side.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 09:00 PM
Bunch of 4 star players we already got, sounds good to me.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 09:10 PM
Keep an eye on this guy, from my old town. Only a junior

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=77429&sport=1

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:17 PM
Keep an eye on this guy, from my old town. Only a junior

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=77429&sport=1

I have seen his picture before, so he must be in the next Rivals 100.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 09:19 PM
I have seen his picture before, so he must be in the next Rivals 100.

He has some Ball skills.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:21 PM
He has some Ball skills.

:eek:

setem
11/3/2008, 09:29 PM
BRYCE MCNEAL! SIGN WITH OU PLEASE!

I think we might have a better o-line next year. Jarvis Jones has big game experience and he will bring along the other guys as much as they need(they may not need it)all of our young hog mollies have been playing a bunch this year.

I am more concerned about interior d-line and d-backs. I think we have brought in some good guys who can fill in where we need it and we should just be reloading and not rebuilding.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:33 PM
BRYCE MCNEAL! SIGN WITH OU PLEASE!

I think we might have a better o-line next year. Jarvis Jones has big game experience and he will bring along the other guys as much as they need(they may not need it)all of our young hog mollies have been playing a bunch this year.

I am more concerned about interior d-line and d-backs. I think we have brought in some good guys who can fill in where we need it and we should just be reloading and not rebuilding.

I would rather have Boyd than Mcneal.

People keep saying that our offensive line is going to be better next year and it's not.

These guy's are all Seniors and are amazing. I do think we will have a good line next year, but saying better than this year is pushing it.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 09:36 PM
Will Trent Williams be the left tackle?

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:40 PM
Will Trent Williams be the left tackle?

That would be my guess.

I would want him protecting his blindside.

setem
11/3/2008, 09:46 PM
I would rather have Boyd than Mcneal.

People keep saying that our offensive line is going to be better next year and it's not.

These guy's are all Seniors and are amazing. I do think we will have a good line next year, but saying better than this year is pushing it.

I am not saying our guys are chop liver. I also do not question the coaches in the guys they put on the field but Phil L really has not impressed me. He is always getting penalties(he really is much better now) and d-ends with any decent speed make him looks foolish. We are not giving up sacks left and right but I think some of these guys have bought into the"better than most NFL lines" label they have been given. We get no push in the run game when by all means we should be guaranteed 3-4 yards every run play.

I think the guys stepping up next year have better heads and they will better prepped to run the fast paced O we are using these days.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:47 PM
I am not saying our guys are chop liver. I also do not question the coaches in the guys they put on the field but Phil L really has not impressed me. He is always getting penalties(he really is much better now) and d-ends with any decent speed make him looks foolish. We are not giving up sacks left and right but I think some of these guys have bought into the"better than most NFL lines" label they have been given. We get no push in the run game when by all means we should be guaranteed 3-4 yards every run play.

I think the guys stepping up next year have better heads and they will better prepped to run the fast paced O we are using these days.

Pass protection next year might take a blow though and that is our bread and butter.

setem
11/3/2008, 09:53 PM
Pass protection next year might take a blow though and that is our bread and butter.

Why? Those guys can protect just as well as the guys this year. They have seen significant playing time against most team's first team O so it is not like they will be thrown into the fire.

Time will tell I guess but I think we are going to be taking some big steps forward and none back.

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 09:54 PM
Why? Those guys can protect just as well as the guys this year. They have seen significant playing time against most team's first team O so it is not like they will be thrown into the fire.

Time will tell I guess but I think we are going to be taking some big steps forward and none back.

5 seniors all going to the NFL.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree.

setem
11/3/2008, 10:00 PM
5 seniors all going to the NFL.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree.

Be sorry all you want you POS! IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME THEN YOU CAN BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR ALL I CARE! YOU ****ING DICK! YOU SIT IN YOUR TOWER! ALWAYS NAY SAYING!

BAN THIS MAN!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/smilies/tmnt.gif

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 10:02 PM
Be sorry all you want you POS! IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME THEN YOU CAN BURN IN THE DEPTHS OF HELL FOR ALL I CARE! YOU ****ING DICK! YOU SIT IN YOUR TOWER! ALWAYS NAY SAYING!

BAN THIS MAN!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/gen3sooner/smilies/tmnt.gif

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w355/wagola/random%20pics/shtthfckp.jpg

setem
11/3/2008, 10:04 PM
http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp313/ZadeKaine/Celebrities/Harry%20Potter%20Anime/Out%20of%20Character/Hermione-Corona.jpg

Ahhh Emma Watson hitting the sauce! What a fine site indeed! She legal yet?

HAHA No ninja edit for you my friend!

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 10:05 PM
Ahhh Emma Watson hitting the sauce! What a fine site indeed! She legal yet?

HAHA No ninja edit for you my friend!

LMAO,

I forgot I had that copied!

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 10:06 PM
ARRRRR

CK Sooner
11/3/2008, 10:08 PM
ARRRRR

1st mate