PDA

View Full Version : Get out the way of nanners, *****!

Veritas
11/3/2008, 12:45 PM
Pause to contemplate fruit in Lincoln at your own risk.

Two women were cited for an altercation at a grocery store Saturday morning.

Jana Volzke, 34, was standing in front of the bananas at Russ’s Market, 2840 S. 70th St., around 10:20 a.m. when Connie Witt, 64, allegedly became upset that she was taking too long and called her an obscene name, said Officer Katie Flood.

Volzke asked Witt not to call her that name in front of her children, ages five and two, and Witt allegedly repeated it, Flood said.

Volzke told Witt to stay away from her kids, and Witt allegedly hit Volzke in the face with a three-ounce bag of Whisker Lickin’s cat treats, Flood said. Then Volzke allegedly spit on Witt’s chest.

Witt was cited on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and Volzke was cited on suspicion of expectorating on another person, Flood said.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/doc490f1ff545746971048719.txt

SoonerJack
11/3/2008, 01:18 PM
I'm surprised that she went with the Whisker Lickins as the weapon. A good pound or so of bananas would have done more damage.

royalfan5
11/3/2008, 01:21 PM
That's not the Russ's Market I would expect that at. The 17th and Washington one sure, but the south 70th one? That surprises me.

Viking Kitten
11/3/2008, 02:02 PM
"Girl, get out my way or you're gonna get a sack a Whisker Lickins upside your ho face!"

Widescreen
11/3/2008, 02:19 PM
Definitely the best part of the article is that they named the cat treat brand. Oh, and that one can be cited for "suspicion of expectoration".