PDA

View Full Version : We are going to drag yOU down into the mire

MRNOTDUCKS
11/3/2008, 12:15 PM
I was at the colorado/A&M game this past saturday, and honestly, the ADs of both of these teams need to issue refunds for the product they put on display.

My ticket cost was $70, and I could have paid $5 for a local high school game and seen better football. That is the pathetic state of A&M football right now. I say right now because every once and a while, you see glimpses of a not just a good football team, but a really good one. Unfortunately, this team is way too young to play that way consistently.

What I have noticed is that our sloppy play has been carrying over to our opponents as well. In other words, teams that play us tend to play down to us. SO, expect to see a Sooner team you haven't seen all season -- A misguided, directionless, and mistake-prone team that you wonder if Bob Stoops could really be the head coach of.

But, at the same time, don't worry, because you will come away with the win. You have better athleticism on both sides of the ball. And also, we might come up with a few of your uncharacteristic turnovers, but we won't be able to execute consistently to capitalize on them.

Jerrod Johnson is setting records and at the same time, making stupid mistakes like taking sacks for 15 yard losses, fumbling the ball because he doesn't protect it, etc. He is still learning. The offensive line that "protects" him is incredibly young, too. They do him nor Mike Goodsen, who is still questionable for the OU game, no favors.

So the only smack you will get from me, will be post dated: maybe in a year or two we will be somebody you need to worry about, but not this year.

cliff's notes: expect bad football from both teams on saturday but you come away victorious

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 12:22 PM
lol

Partial Qualifier
11/3/2008, 12:22 PM
Is there hope among the fanbase that coach Sherman can get the Aggies up to speed fairly quick?

I've always viewed A&M as a sleeping giant program -- still do -- but I don't know jack about Sherman

Sooner74
11/3/2008, 12:44 PM
It isn't that A&M is young, it's that your just flat out bad. ALL AROUND.

SouthFortySooner
11/3/2008, 12:46 PM
Its not like they havn't been (*cough* 77-0) bad before.

reddfoxx
11/3/2008, 01:29 PM
What I have noticed is that our sloppy play has been carrying over to our opponents as well. In other words, teams that play us tend to play down to us.

New A&M coaching strategy- We'll play so bad that you will lose interest and not be as sharp as usual. That way, we don't get totally embarassed.

Genius!!!!!!

Mac94
11/3/2008, 01:31 PM
Sooner74 -

Oh, we're very young ... not saying we're good or anything, but we are very young and inexperienced ... at least on one side of the ball.

POS ## OFFENSE
WR 8 Fuller, Jeff - Freshamn
RT 75 Schneider, Tra. - Senior
RG 74 Grimes, Lee - Junior
C 63 Matthews, Kevin - Junior
LG 65 Eike, Evan - Freshman (RS)
LT 76 Shumard, Mich. - Junior
TE 4 McCoy, Jamie - Junior
WR 17 Tannehill, Ryan - Freshamn (RS)
WR 83 McCoy, Terrence - Sophomore
QB 1 Johnson, Jerrod - Sophomore
FB 11 Lane, Jorvorsk. - Senior
TB 32 Gray, Cyrus - Freshman

This is a very inexperienced group with the Aggies leaning heavily on three freshamn at the skill positions and and a host of kids that never started before this year. The youngsters; Johnson, Fuller, Tannehill, and Gray have all shown alot of flashes but there have been youthful mistakes. And, the OL has been very patchwork with a host of injuries forcing the jumbling of positions and starters. Four of the kids are first time starters this year. Two of our key recievers; WR Tannehill and TE McCoy are also converted QBs.

POS ## DEFENSE
DE 1A Bennett, Mich. - Senior
DT 77 Patterson, L. - Sophomore
DT 8C Jerod-Eddie, T. - Freshman
DE 49 Obiozor, Cyril - Senior
LB 9 Dixon, Alton - Senior
LB 46 Featherston, M. - Junior
CB 25 Pugh, Jordan - Junior
CB 7X Frederick, T. - Freshman
CB 18 Brown, Arkeith - Senior
ROV 2F Gregg, Devin - Senior
FS 22 Hunter, Trent - Freshman

This is the unit that more aptly fits the "they're not young, they're just bad" sentiment. We have alot more upperclassmen experience on this side of the ball but one of the best players in the bunch is a true freshman ... Trent Hunter.

adoniijahsooner
11/3/2008, 06:52 PM
New A&M coaching strategy- We'll play so bad that you will lose interest and not be as sharp as usual. That way, we don't get totally embarassed.

Genius!!!!!!

Maybe that works against the buffs, and it might work against our defense; but I fully expect sam and the boys to score with focus and precision all for 3 quarters. I'm guessing 70-28.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 06:56 PM
need to put the nail in the coffin early.

If we are up 4 Td's at half, all the aggies will leave.