PDA

View Full Version : Interesting NBA trade in the works

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2008, 12:15 PM
Iverson to Detroit for Billups and McDyess...

JohnnyMack
11/3/2008, 02:28 PM
Scott is not amused.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/3/2008, 02:44 PM
Detroit's coach would need a pay raise to coach Sheed and AI ;)

Scott D
11/3/2008, 05:10 PM
Scott is not amused.

this is very accurate. I'd much rather have Billups than Iverson. However, it looks like we'll have McDyess back in 31 days or whatever that waiting period is after the Nuggets release him.

I guess Joe D feels very confident in the development of Rodney Stuckey.

Scott D
11/3/2008, 05:11 PM
Detroit's coach would need a pay raise to coach Sheed and AI ;)

actually, I think their style of play compliment each other. Iverson drives to the basket. Sheed thinks he's a 2 guard that exists to fire up jumpers from 17 to 24 ft.

misplacedsooner
11/4/2008, 02:07 AM
being from mich. i always love my pistons. joe knows whats up and has a plan, play out the season with ai and see what happens, dyce will be back soon so thats correct. after this year they let ai go along with sheed...instant cap cash for labron, whose agent is also rips agent and lives in detroit, labron wants championships and whee better to go to get some, join 2 other allstars in rip and prince with stuckey coming on strong at that point. joe is smart.

Scott D
11/4/2008, 12:09 PM
except one thing. LeBron and Tayshaun play the same position. So, on the off chance that the Pistons make a huge push for LeBron it'd be a starting 5 of

PG - Stuckey
SG - Hamilton
SF - James
PF - Maxiell
C - Amir Johnson

I'm not buying into Kwame Brown or Will Bynum. And supposedly the Nuggets GM has no intention of buying out McDyess' contract.

misplacedsooner
11/4/2008, 01:00 PM
that is true in a sense but these days coaches seem to not go by the traditional lineups so you may see stuckey, hamilton, james, prince and johnson or maxiel on the floor for extended times. on top of that they would still have cap space for another free agent. with that lineup other teams would have to ajust to them, sure the pistons would give up points in the paint but with being able to zone and help sliding over i think it would present more of a problem for other teams. i can only imagine seeing a classic power forward trying to guard james or prince either on the run or in a half court set. it will be interesting.

Collier11
11/5/2008, 01:15 AM
Love AI, hope he gets his title