PDA

View Full Version : BCS pecking order

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 10:18 AM
Boones and I were wondering the selection process of the BCS this year. Isn't it the Rose Bowl's turn to get the last man standing? Two years ago was the Fiesta with Boise, last year was Georgia in the Sugar. I assume the Rose gets its turn and that would be FUNNY to me to see USC against Boise State in the Rose.

If so, and if we get left out of the title game, I sure hope the Fiesta is a marquee matchup. I would love to see an OU-Texas Fiesta Bowl here in the desert or OU-Bama. If we can't be playing for all the marbles, make it the best "other" game possible. Texas, Bama or Florida...that would be a fun day of tailgating followed by a classic game.

JohnnyMack
11/3/2008, 10:20 AM
Doesn't the title game locale get last pick?

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 10:28 AM
Not sure...seems like that should be the case. How I would love to see a Cincinnati (if they could win at WVU this weekend, who knows?) vs. TCU game in the Orange Bowl! Speaks volumes about OU if two teams we beat meet in a BCS Bowl!

sooner94
11/3/2008, 10:58 AM
I think it depends on which teams play for the championship. If a BCS bowl loses its normal team or teams to the championship game, then they get to pick who they want as a replacement.

For example, if Penn State plays in the championship game, then the Rose would get to take a team from one of the other bowls. I don't think the +1 format changed that rule.

jwlynn64
11/3/2008, 11:31 AM
but the question is, when will the Rose Bowl get to pick? First... last... somewhere in between?

Lott's Bandana
11/3/2008, 11:35 AM
I think it depends on which teams play for the championship. If a BCS bowl loses its normal team or teams to the championship game, then they get to pick who they want as a replacement.

For example, if Penn State plays in the championship game, then the Rose would get to take a team from one of the other bowls. I don't think the +1 format changed that rule.

There is an undercurrent growing for a Rose Bowl "rematch" of suc/texass, with the Big11 so weak and State Penn likely going to Florida. 'Course, suc needs Oregon St. to lose....bwahaha.

snp
11/3/2008, 11:59 AM
No, the Rose Bowl is shielded from getting the leftovers.

In the even that either PAC-10/Big 10 champion goes to the BCS NC game, they will get either the first or second at large team.

SelmaBamaFan
11/3/2008, 12:13 PM
No, the Rose Bowl is shielded from getting the leftovers.

In the even that either PAC-10/Big 10 champion goes to the BCS NC game, they will get either the first or second at large team.

or Minnesota :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 12:15 PM
I would not want to play USC in the rose bowl, just me.

sooner94
11/3/2008, 12:19 PM
I would not want to play USC in the rose bowl, just me.

I agree with you on that.

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 12:36 PM
Boy, I'd love to play USC...they will be the most untested team going into the BCS games. I doubt Cal, Oregon, UCLA and Stanford would have them battle tested to face a team like OU.

This isn't the USC team with Leinart and crew folks...let that go.

Dan Thompson
11/3/2008, 01:06 PM
From what I've seen of USC, there offense is not that great. The defense has a good core of LBs, big, fast, and lots of penalties, 10 against UW last week.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/3/2008, 09:31 PM
The Bowl that loses their team gets to pick first and they can't pick a team committed to another bowl... using the example above, if Penn St is in the Championship game, the Rose Bowl gets to pick from elgible teams. They can't pick a Champ from the Big 12, ACC, SEC, Big East or Pac 10. They would pick from the other teams.

Big 12 Champ goes to Fiesta
ACC to the Orange
SEC to the Sugar
Big East to the Orange
Pac 10 to the Rose

Sooner_Havok
11/3/2008, 09:43 PM
The thing is, we asked not to go to the Fiesta Bowl last year. The Fiesta Bowl knows if they take OU, not many fans are going to go out there again.

JLEW1818
11/3/2008, 09:45 PM
fiesta makes me wanna ****