PDA

View Full Version : OK, Our defense is not great but

boomermagic
11/2/2008, 08:46 PM
I think we are getting better on d and our offense makes up for what our defense is lacking.. If we continue to improve on d{ I know we don't have much time} we could win out.. At least we have a chance how many teams don't ? I am encouraged...

StoopTroup
11/2/2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=477

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 09:07 PM
Does anybody want to try and predict the OU vs. Tech , Over/Under?

Curly Bill
11/2/2008, 09:08 PM

Prolly at least that. :D

sooner59
11/2/2008, 09:18 PM
http://www.big12sports.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10410&CONTENT_ID=477

Comparatively, we have a good Big 12 defense. Something tells me there are a handful of teams in the SEC/PAC10/Big10 that could put up points. But I would bet that the Big 12 offenses are making us "look" worse this season. Either way, its a good thing we can usually score at will or we would be in trouble in this conference this year.

Sabanball
11/2/2008, 09:23 PM
It's not just you guys, it's your whole conference.

Sooner47
11/3/2008, 12:27 AM
Prolly at least that. :D

80? Would that the 1st half or the 2nd half?

OUmillenium
11/3/2008, 10:00 AM
I thought we came out with looking to hit people on defense instead of playing on our heels like we have all season and it made a big difference. Good job by the coaches and players on our defensive start.

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 10:08 AM
While we are improving, the fact Tech can run the ball scares me. We have taken our lumps, but we still have the most balanced offenses yet to face...and with OSU and TT's ability to run and pass...well, that's kinda scary.

My goal for OU is simple. Score 50 every time you play and let the chips fall where they may. If our defense keeps forcing TO's it will help us get quick and easy points and we will need that. Keep scoring 50...that has to be our mindset.

stoopified
11/3/2008, 10:37 AM
While we are improving, the fact Tech can run the ball scares me. We have taken our lumps, but we still have the most balanced offenses yet to face...and with OSU and TT's ability to run and pass...well, that's kinda scary.

My goal for OU is simple. Score 50 every time you play and let the chips fall where they may. If our defense keeps forcing TO's it will help us get quick and easy points and we will need that. Keep scoring 50...that has to be our mindset.Tech can run?Funny he stats don't reflect it,they rank 70th in the country,Our run game is 35th.You are correct that offense is the key to this game as well as the oSu game and OUr offense is more battle tested than TT and osu who have each played 2 quality teams while we have played 4(Cincy(6-2),TCU(8-1),KU(6-3),UT(8-1).

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 10:45 AM
Just saying Tech ran decent against Texas. No, they don't run much, but if they run at all and take some attention away from Crabtree, well...it is scary. I just hope we can hold them under 50 yards on the ground so there is no threat there.

mdklatt
11/3/2008, 10:51 AM

Is that for Tech or OU?

KaleoHolley
11/3/2008, 01:50 PM
Ok here is my theory on OU's Defense. I think that Coach Stoops and BV had a sit down talk, And the decided that the offenses that are in the big 12 our nearly unstoppable. So why not quit playing our "bend" don't "break" defense with the 5 yard cushions, keeping everything in front of us, and lets start take some chances, gamble, go for the interceptions, start trying to strip the ball carrier, lets give our offense as many chances to score by causing as many turnovers as we can. If they score who cares, we can march on anybody. Any thoughts???

KaleoHolley
11/3/2008, 01:51 PM
and i am puttin the farm on that over!

DangTire
11/4/2008, 02:59 AM
Ok here is my theory on OU's Defense. I think that Coach Stoops and BV had a sit down talk, And the decided that the offenses that are in the big 12 our nearly unstoppable. So why not quit playing our "bend" don't "break" defense with the 5 yard cushions, keeping everything in front of us, and lets start take some chances, gamble, go for the interceptions, start trying to strip the ball carrier, lets give our offense as many chances to score by causing as many turnovers as we can. If they score who cares, we can march on anybody. Any thoughts???

Or it could be that the teams they've been playing just aren't very good... at all. They've "generated" 9 turnovers in two games and still managed to get raped for nearly a thousand yards and 63 points against terrible offenses. If Tech shows up with a defense it will get ugly early and these guys haven't shown that they enjoy playing when behind on the scoreboard.

aurorasooner
11/4/2008, 02:30 PM
I still don't know about our D. That hit by Clayton that caused the Nebraska fumble on their 2nd series, looks more like a "Luv-tap" to me than anything else. I know the Nebraska receiver fumbled but on the replay it looks more like a "he startled me type fumble", instead of "wow-he knocked the livin' cheet out of me--fumble", and with some of our previous defenses that not only would the Corn receiver have fumbled, their receiver wouldn't have been able to get up for at least several minutes and maybe not at all. Outside of perhaps TL (& perhaps AB), it makes me wonder if we've got a bunch of drag-em-down and just hang-on defenders vs guys that actually want to knock the crap of someone. I saw defensive players in that Tech/Whorn game and in the couple of Poke games that I've watched that were hitters and not just Luv-tappers.
Outside of that and our OL being stuffed on the 1st 2 running plays from the 1 yard line by the Nebraska D, that was one of the most exciting 1st quarters that I've ever seen by both our offense and defense. I definitely have to give credit to BV (or whichever defensive coach spotted that Ganz tendency to quickly throw the WR outside screen) because after Franks Ganzed-Ganz, Stunned-Ganz pretty-much went into the crapper for the rest of the 1st quarter.

ashley
11/4/2008, 03:16 PM
It is hard to play defense in the Big 12. Not a team is in the top 50 in the nation. Tech is 54, we are 55 and TU in 69 or 70. Plus, we have not played Tech and osu yet. Of course osu has not played us and Tech. We might have to change our view of what is good D if this continues. The tu D cordinator is suppose to be a genius and look where they are in total defense.

CK Sooner
11/4/2008, 03:20 PM
Both teams will score over 40 in the OU-Tech game.

St. Louis Sooner
11/4/2008, 03:36 PM
our D needs to improve if we're to win the bcs rankings war ... i'm very skeptical of that system as long as the non-humans rank us so low - which i think is directly related to our D stats on the national stage; I don't see UT losing another game for the regular season;

if we can shut down the A&M offense this weekend then get some good D practice in during the week off ... then ... "something wonderful is going to happen, dave"

DangTire
11/5/2008, 03:18 AM
Both teams will score over 40 in the OU-Tech game.

The only way OU scores over 40 is with a lot of turnovers. I think Tech wins it going away as Vulnerables stands on the sidelines with another dumbfounded look on his face.

BoulderSooner79
11/5/2008, 10:32 AM
The only way OU scores over 40 is with a lot of turnovers. I think Tech wins it going away as Vulnerables stands on the sidelines with another dumbfounded look on his face.

Tech blew a 19 pt lead against the horns and gave up 26 pts in the 2nd half. Their D is just as capable of playing sieve as ours is and the game is over 2 weeks away from now; a bit early to make any call.

MojoRisen
11/5/2008, 10:46 AM
We are going to win out!

Predictions - Oklahoma 49- A&M 20
Oklahoma 45 Tech 28
Oklahoma 35- Okie Lite 27

Let's all be rooting for LSU to beat Bama - and then Bama to go ahead and beat Florida in the SEC Championship.

If LSU pulls the upset - Tech will be number 1 for the game in Norman.... I am very curious to see what that does for our computer rankings if we win...

I would think we would have to be number 2 after that victory with OSU left for a chance to play in KC and National Tittle..

RiddlerOK
11/5/2008, 12:42 PM
One thing our offense definitely will have to do is sustain drives. We were horrible at times against Texas and TCU. We can't afford it against teams coming up on our schedule, that run the ball well. Next thing you know, we will be on the short end of a 45-21 score.