PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here live in Moore?

stoopified
11/2/2008, 08:28 PM
My wife and I just made an offer on a house in Moore.I was just wondering if anybody who has lived there a while could tell me anything about the town?Are the schools good?How is the crime rate?Do you like living there? Basically anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Is there a part of town to avoid?

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2008, 08:31 PM
My wife and I just made an offer on a house in Moore.I was just wondering if anybody who has lived there a while could tell me anything about the town?Are the schools good?How is the crime rate?Do you like living there? Basically anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Is there a part of town to avoid?

Oh yes...

The part between OKC and Nompton.

:D

Folks here say people like to move to Moore because they get a new city every coupla' years. Oh, and great movie theater.

Srsly, you made an offer and now you're asking these questions? I mean no disrespect, it just seems curious to me.

royalfan5
11/2/2008, 08:36 PM
I've heard it's not the best Moore in Oklahoma.

reevie
11/2/2008, 08:42 PM
I'm from Moore.

Schools are good. I think the crime rate is fine, haven't really seen any numbers.

The building boom on 19th and I-35 is nice and annoying.

OUsooner1
11/2/2008, 08:48 PM
Here's the 07-08 Report to Citizens. It has all the usual city statistics and outlooks. http://www.cityofmoore.com/uploaded/File/RTC_08_web.pdf

MPS are pretty good I suppose, coming from a product of the Moore school system. I graduated Moore High in 2005. I do not have any complaints. I got the same opportunities as everyone else. All the high schools have the Advance Placement route to get your kid ready for college. Things have changed since I have graduated though. High school is now 9th-12th grade with the new Southmoore HS being built. 9th grade used to be part of junior high.

soonersis
11/2/2008, 10:08 PM
I'm a Westmoore alum, class of 1995. I've lived in the area most of my life. I own a house just south of the new high school. Although others find the new growth annoying, I find it exciting to see my hometown growing. Plus the 73170 zip code is the most affluent in the state!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/2/2008, 11:28 PM
I'm a Westmoore alum, class of 1995. I've lived in the area most of my life. I own a house just south of the new high school. Although others find the new growth annoying, I find it exciting to see my hometown growing. Plus the 73170 zip code is the most affluent in the state!I couldn't have said it better.

def_lazer_fc
11/3/2008, 12:46 AM
there's oklahoma city and moore. one of these two cities spawned toby keith.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/3/2008, 07:12 AM
A city that spawned Color Me Badd should not throw stones.

reevie
11/3/2008, 07:33 AM
The new stuff is exciting, but the traffic is annoying. This bedroom community didn't plan the 19th street area very well. Now, they're going to re-do 19th again for the 2nd time in 8 years which means another year of construction to deal with. The time it takes to get from Starbucks to I-35 just went for 10 minutes to 20 during rush hour.

reevie
11/3/2008, 07:35 AM
It is kind of funny that all of 73170ers are making the comments on the 73160ers.

stoopified
11/3/2008, 11:04 AM
Oh yes...

The part between OKC and Nompton.

:D

Folks here say people like to move to Moore because they get a new city every coupla' years. Oh, and great movie theater.

Srsly, you made an offer and now you're asking these questions? I mean no disrespect, it just seems curious to me.Well actually we have been asking questions of everyone we have met in Moore BUT I thought I would avail myself of an additional resource and maybe get something MOORE(pun intended )then ususal Chamber of Commerce spiel by talking to residents who are on this board. Thanks to all who have responded.

Lott's Bandana
11/3/2008, 11:33 AM
Well actually we have been asking questions of everyone we have met in Moore BUT I thought I would avail myself of an additional resource and maybe get something MOORE(pun intended )then ususal Chamber of Commerce spiel by talking to residents who are on this board. Thanks to all who have responded.

Well, just like anywhere else, it depends on where you made your offer for. The west side is clogging and the Western way to get around is becoming a nightmare, with backed up 4waystops which will soon become more lights.

The southwest side, near I-35...and I mean SOUTH, is a nice area and access from Tecumseh Road currently is easy. The east side is a good place because the growth is now centered smack in the west, however, Sooner Road is about to absorb a few more subdivisions.

Truthfully, my cynicism comes from living in Nompton and spending years trying to figger out the best way to get thru Moore, on my way elsewhere. The theater is nice, and I'm not ashamed to say I was quite meh on the whole idea, but it has turned out to be a good place to spend an evening.

I have never been fond of the whole Frontage Road as a main retail center, like Texas, approach. Moore has adopted that entirely and even Norman has some of that, albeit mostly car dealerships on the East side of I35.

Where you moving from? Good luck...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/3/2008, 03:02 PM
It is kind of funny that all of 73170ers are making the comments on the 73160ers.Lame. Someone actually said they didn't want their kid going to Southmoore for that reason.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/3/2008, 03:05 PM
Truthfully, my cynicism comes from living in Nompton and spending years trying to figger out the best way to get thru Moore, on my way elsewhere.
Telephone Road, Santa Fe or Sooner Road, YWIA.

Stoopified, Where in Moore are you moving?

stoopified
11/3/2008, 03:56 PM
We are moving from Ponca City and have made an offer on a house on Foxfire.We are stll looking at both Moore and Norman if this falls through.We ghad a couple of houses we were looking at in Norman but they were sold before we could make an offer.

texas bandman
11/3/2008, 04:45 PM
I'm a Moore High School alum, class of '77...when there wasn't a Westmoore. It was an okay town to grow up in...but I'm not going back. :D

I'm a Westmoore alum, class of 1995. I've lived in the area most of my life. I own a house just south of the new high school. Although others find the new growth annoying, I find it exciting to see my hometown growing. Plus the 73170 zip code is the most affluent in the state!

soonervegas
11/3/2008, 04:57 PM
Soon as they get the 30 ft wall completed along 89th street.....it will be perfect. (To keep out South OKC)

def_lazer_fc
11/3/2008, 05:12 PM
A city that spawned Color Me Badd should not throw stones.

touche

Taxman71
11/3/2008, 05:48 PM
2 requirements to live in Moore:

1. Tornado insurance
2. Pit Bull Repellent

YWIA

Partial Qualifier
11/3/2008, 05:54 PM
3. Affinity for Harleys & other autos runnin' open headers doing 50mph thru yer neighborhood at all times of the day and night

Lott's Bandana
11/3/2008, 10:19 PM
Telephone Road, Santa Fe or Sooner Road, YWIA.

Stoopified, Where in Moore are you moving?

But we don't have those in Abnertown.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/4/2008, 08:52 AM
We are moving from Ponca City and have made an offer on a house on Foxfire.We are stll looking at both Moore and Norman if this falls through.We ghad a couple of houses we were looking at in Norman but they were sold before we could make an offer.
There's a street in that neighborhood called FLICKER RIDGE. If you just glance at the "Flicker" part it looks like something else.

Partial Qualifier
11/4/2008, 09:38 AM
Telephone Road, Santa Fe or Sooner Road

But we don't have those in Abnertown.

60th Ave. NW = South Western Ave
36th Ave. NW = Telephone Road
12th Ave. NE = Sooner Road

Dio
11/4/2008, 01:38 PM

I'll be cutting through your neighborhood whenever BNSF blocks 12th st on my way home from Crest/Blockbuster/Bootlegger then. ;)

BetterSoonerThanLater
11/4/2008, 03:21 PM
The new stuff is exciting, but the traffic is annoying. This bedroom community didn't plan the 19th street area very well. Now, they're going to re-do 19th again for the 2nd time in 8 years which means another year of construction to deal with. The time it takes to get from Starbucks to I-35 just went for 10 minutes to 20 during rush hour.

i grew up in moore and was transferred to so cal. trust me...rush hour in moore aint that bad! i'd give anything to be back there! ;)