PDA

View Full Version : aTm stats, what we are up against

Dan Thompson
11/2/2008, 07:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/team/2008/texam/index.html

I notice that Jorvorskie Land is not doing much these days.

Widescreen
11/2/2008, 08:07 PM
Don't worry. Jerrod Johnson will ring us up for 300+ passing. There will probably be Heisman talk about him. ;)

SoonerDood
11/2/2008, 08:17 PM
I hope Gresham or someone runs over to the sideline to signal "First down" in McGee's face a couple dozen times.

aurorasooner
11/2/2008, 08:21 PM
I think you can throw the early season aggie stats out the window. They'll play us like they did Tech, all on emotion, and we normally have a tough time against Aggie in College Station. This a a no-win situation for us as Aggie is perceived as the SUK by most of the nation, and anything less that winning big will be a negative, yet they're improving as they understand Sherman's system similar to what we did in '99 under Stoops.
The worry that I have is that JJ pulls a Reggie McNeal one-hit-wonder against our secondary/LBs and looks like Joe Nameth. If you look at JJ's stats he was 29-41 against K-State, 26-39 against Tech, 31/39 against I-State on the road, and appears to have an off-game last Saturday against CU but was still 15/31 and threw TDs of 32, 59, and 10 yards. The last 4 games he's had zero picks, and in his last 2 games he's thrown 7 TDs. IMO, if we aren't up big at the end of the 1st Qtr, then any way we can escape with a W and especially w/o any major injuries will be good, even it's perceived by the pollsters as a negative. If I remember right there were some major pad-shakers by both teams in that aTm/Tech TV game.
tp://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=191668:texan:

Widescreen
11/2/2008, 08:32 PM
The 2001 aTm game is not representative of what we're looking at here. This aTm team is really bad and they're slow. Our QB and offense is light years ahead of our lame 2001 offense. They'll score some points on us just like everyone does but we're going to throttle them.

JLEW1818
11/2/2008, 09:03 PM
Just remember people, this will be Sammy’s first game at College Station..... He is going to go off.

sooner59
11/2/2008, 09:34 PM
I have a feeling this will be Stoops best day in Collie Station.

BoonesFarmSooner
11/3/2008, 09:32 AM
Stoops has more victories in College Station than he has losses in Norman...

badger
11/3/2008, 09:59 AM
What we are really up against:
http://www.bevosports.com/images/squeeze_ani.gif
So distracting. I bet our team has their head someplace else when we're on offense :rolleyes:

cjames317
11/3/2008, 10:07 AM
And aggie freshman WR Jeff Fuller, former OU commit, is showing why OUr coaches wanted him.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2008, 10:14 AM
This weeks game feels like a potential trap game, so I hope Bob can keep everybody focused. I think that having an open date afterward would help, since everyone knows there will be plenty of time to prepare for TT.

The Maestro
11/3/2008, 10:14 AM
I have a feeling this will be Stoops best day in Collie Station.

It needs to be. He's never won by more than 7 there. We need to run these guys over. A 7 point win in Collie town won't look good to voters...and that's what we are up against the rest of the way. Perception is huge!

Just start like we have and don't let up now. You thought the campaigning was over tomorrow? Well, for THAT election it is. Now comes the time for coaches to start campaigning. And the play on the field and how you win says a lot for your team.

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2008, 10:36 AM
It needs to be. He's never won by more than 7 there. We need to run these guys over. A 7 point win in Collie town won't look good to voters...and that's what we are up against the rest of the way. Perception is huge!

Just start like we have and don't let up now. You thought the campaigning was over tomorrow? Well, for THAT election it is. Now comes the time for coaches to start campaigning. And the play on the field and how you win says a lot for your team.

I don't think Rove is fully employed; maybe we could contract him to do a smear campaign against Florida, USC, PSU and any other BCS hanger-oners ;)

Mac94
11/3/2008, 12:37 PM
Our team is very much a "kiddie corps" kinda team, lead by very young freshmen and redshirt freshmen. The line is patchwork but has done better of late. Johnson IS the QB of this team now and into the future. He's good, but young. Can make the spectacular throw, or make a really bad play for a turnover. At running back Goodson has been hurt so the new name is Cyress Gray ... a true freshman with moves and speed. Recieving we have freshman Fuller and backup QB Ryan Tannehill ... both are having wonderful seasons ... as well as the McCoy brothers at WR and TE respectively. Offensively, we've been hit ans miss ... we started out much more "West Coast" but have morphed into more of a spread attack. The coaches have shown a good amount of creativity in getting what they can out of this team.

On defense ... we're young and slow. We have a few kids showing flashes like freshamn safety Trent Hunter and one of our few upperclassmen doing decently, DE Michael Bennett. Bottom line, though, is that Bradford and company will have a field day against the Aggie defense. You all WILL NOT hit 77 on us ... but like the Nebraska game that'll be more because Stoops and company will put the breaks on after flying out of the gate.

Mondau prediction ... Oklahoma 58, Texas A&M 27

Sooner_09
11/3/2008, 12:55 PM
Just remember people, this will be Sammy’s first game at College Station..... He is going to go off.

What he said..