PDA

View Full Version : Big props to the SF.com tailgaters

Veritas
11/2/2008, 07:50 PM
My wife and I both mentioned to each other on the way home from Norman that the SF.com tailgate was simply awesome. Folks could not have been more hospitable and just plain fun to hang out with. The whole thing was so cool that it made the trip a big net positive, which it would not have been had we just traveled down to watch the Huskers suck and not had the experience of the tailgate.

The highlight was the last minute of the Texas Tech game. Mrs V and I left about the stadium about halfway through the third, which we felt guilty about, but it was clear that Texas was making a comeback. And let's be honest, I needed a few drinks to wash down that first quarter. I expected Nebraska to lose, but sheesh. Anyway, standing around with a bunch of cool fans, in the lovely outdoors, drinking some OVJ, and watching Texas lose definitely belongs in my Top 5 lifetime sports moments.

I don't know who deserve the credit for how well things are organized and put together, but huge props from a couple of grateful Husker fans.

olevetonahill
11/2/2008, 07:54 PM
Deans Bride Does Most of the work . Dean takes the credit ;)
I take Credit Fer the OVJ . were you able to Take some Home with you ?

Veritas
11/2/2008, 08:12 PM
Deans Bride Does Most of the work . Dean takes the credit ;)
I take Credit Fer the OVJ . were you able to Take some Home with you ?
I did not take any with me, but I should have. That stuff is excellent.

Me, Mrs. V, the OVJ:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5354/ovjbt0.jpg

Rogue
11/2/2008, 08:20 PM
Clearly you married up V! :D

SoonerStormchaser
11/2/2008, 08:23 PM
Clearly you married up V! :D

Me too!

colleyvillesooner
11/2/2008, 08:37 PM
No he married "up", you married up into a SS check. ;)

Tailgate was awesome. Good food, good people and a Texas loss were the highlights. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Dean, don't know how y'all do it every week, but we were glad to help out however we could. See everyone at the Tech tailgate.

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry I missed it!

Oh, and your Mrs. V is a compliment to that other red.

See ya in Lincoln next year?

SoonerStormchaser
11/2/2008, 10:45 PM
No he married "up", you married up into a SS check. ;)

Tailgate was awesome. Good food, good people and a Texas loss were the highlights. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Dean, don't know how y'all do it every week, but we were glad to help out however we could. See everyone at the Tech tailgate.

mlm

mdklatt
11/2/2008, 10:46 PM
It was cool to finally meet Veritas. He's my second favorite Husker poster. ;)

Lott's Bandana
11/2/2008, 10:54 PM
It was cool to finally meet Veritas. He's my second favorite Husker poster. ;)

Besides HuskerPenguin?

mdklatt
11/2/2008, 10:59 PM
Besides HuskerPenguin?

Royalfan has eclipsed him with his interesting thread topics. Besides, there was that time when Veritas didn't post anymore and we were all like, "So, too good for us now that you're a mod huh? Well screw you too, you bastard. Nobody liked you anyway. So go to Huskerpedia or wherever the hell and see if we give a damn." At least that's how I remember it. :cool:

olevetonahill
11/3/2008, 01:19 AM
I did not take any with me, but I should have. That stuff is excellent.

Me, Mrs. V, the OVJ:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5354/ovjbt0.jpg

Im glad It Hit the spot .
Ya need a sample shipped?
;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2008, 10:44 AM
Me and the wife was watching Mrs. V carry her cup around for a while before she took a sip..I told my wife what it was so she was watching to see if she would actually drink it or not

frankensooner
11/3/2008, 10:52 AM
Sorry I missed meeting you V. I was planning on coming to give STEP a hard time but the misses work called and offered her a giant pile of money to work Saturday so I had to stay home with the kiddos. I'm glad you had a great time.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/3/2008, 11:46 AM
we re are gonna try and come to Texas Tech frank..